Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    higher? like what? Repugs/VRWC in control WH and Congress as well as SCOTUS?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he did say "on spurstalk". And the comedy factor shouldn't be disregarded, imo.
    talk of secession, taking back the govt by force etc.... block everything Obama does for 4 yrs... comedy gold..

if Romney wins it will take some time but his moderation will come back and will piss of the dedicated red teamers which will be a hoot as well..i

t's a win-win if you ask me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "his moderation will come back"

bull . His Repug Congress would write and pass the radical 99%-screwing/1%-enriching bills, and he'd sign everyone one of them, just as his people said he would have signed Ryan's budget that House voted up twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Rick Scott Can’t Find Virtually Any Non-Citizen Voters

Earlier this year, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) began a massive voter purge that initially targeted as many as 180,000 individuals to be removed from the state’s voter rolls. It quickly emerged, however, that Scott’s lists were deeply flawed — in one case, a 91 year-old decorated World War II veteran received a purge letter falsely informing him that “you are not a U.S. Citizen” — and the purge was eventually halted after Florida’s county elections officials, including 30 Republicans, rebelled against the purge.
    Throughout this ordeal, which also included a U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit challenging the purge and a pledge by a top Scott Administration official to restart the purge, Scott insisted this purge was necessary to prevent non-citizen voters from changing the result of the 2012 election.

Now, Scott has begun a second voter purge, albeit under greater scrutiny after the debacle that was his first attempt to prevent Floridians from voting. Despite Scott’s previous claims that non-citizen voting is a major problem worthy of a massive voter purge, his own data now undermines this claim. After comparing a state database of drivers licenses with a federal database of immigration records, Rick Scott’s Florida barely uncovered any potential non-citizen voters:

In total, Scott’s quest for non-citizen voters flagged only 198 names of registered voters who may not be U.S. citizens — and this is in a state where over 8 million people voted in the last presidential election. Of these 198 possible non-citizens, only 39 have actually ever voted. If any of the 198 names identified by Scott’s new purge turn out to be non-citizens — itself an uncertain proposition — the most likely explanation for why many of them became registered to vote is that they accidentally registered while filling out paperwork to receive a driver’s license, not that the alleged non-citizens intentionally tried to register illegally.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...itizen-voters/

Where is Katherine Harris when the Repugs REALLY need here (again!)?
    TALLAHASSEE — Florida's county election supervisors are frustrated and dismayed by the state's latest effort to strip some suspected noncitizens from the voter rolls less than six weeks before a presidential election.

The second voter purge, a joint effort by the state and counties that unofficially began Wednesday, is not off to a much better start than the first one.

Some county elections officials say they are receiving names of people whom they have already removed from the rolls because they have admitted they are not U.S. citizens.

There's also a matter of timing. With 39 days until Election Day, local officials say they can't comply with notice requirements before removing voters, meaning some noncitizens could cast ballots in Florida, the situation Gov. Rick Scott wanted most to avoid.

The state flagged 198 voters of questionable U.S. citizenship by comparing a state database of drivers with a federal citizenship database at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The state released a list showing 38 of them have voted in elections, at least two of them in the Aug. 14 primary. (Earlier, the state said 39 people on the list had voted.)

The new list of names went public Wednesday, and backup do ents are being sent through the U.S. mail to counties, who will get it in the coming days and begin tracking down people of questionable citizenship as they continue to prepare for the Nov. 6 general election.

Most people on the new list are in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Bay counties. All are a subset of an earlier list of about 2,600 suspected noncitizen voters that the state released in May.

In Orlando, Orange County elections chief Bill Cowles sees a redundancy: Five of 12 su ious Orange voters on his new list have already been removed from the rolls after signing a do ent admitting they lacked U.S. citizenship.

"These people already signed the paperwork from the first go-round," Cowles said.

That first list was fraught with legal and political problems. The state suspended its purge effort of suspected noncitizens after elections officials discovered many were U.S. citizens, and opted to wait until it obtained access to the Homeland Security data.

Now, some officials wonder about the new list.

"We're on hold," said Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher. "When we get the backup do entation, we'll make a determination as to whether it's credible. It wasn't credible last time."

In Broward County, where 23 voters are listed as potential noncitizens, elections official Mary Cooney said there's not enough time to complete the removal process before the Nov. 6 election.

"While some individuals may submit do entation to remove themselves, the election would occur before . . . the process would be completed," Cooney said.

State elections spokesman Chris Cate said Florida has a high level of confidence that all 198 people on the list are not U.S. citizens. He said the purge effort would resume after the election, with other groups of voters being reviewed.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/politic...icials/1253711

Jesus jumped-up christ...

How much taxpayer money went to catch 0.002475% of the total votes cast? Srsly?

Two thousandths of a percent.

For which they will spend millions of dollars to correct the problem. (tens of millions?)

GMAFB.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    War on Fraud!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    higher? like what? Repugs/VRWC in control WH and Congress as well as SCOTUS?
    Higher than red team v blue team and RSS-a-palooza.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    talk of secession, taking back the govt by force etc.... block everything Obama does for 4 yrs... comedy gold..

if Romney wins it will take some time but his moderation will come back and will piss of the dedicated red teamers which will be a hoot as well..i

t's a win-win if you ask me
    Troof. We all come from somewhere. Sooner or later it shows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher than red team v blue team and RSS-a-palooza.
    Congrats, I've never heard anyone trash talk RSS, which is to news what email is to mail. Amazing. GFY

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Congrats, I've never heard anyone trash talk RSS, which is to news what email is to mail. Amazing. GFY
    You make an absolute mockery out of the usefulness of RSS feeds. You've turned them into a confirmation bias generator. gfy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you mean email is like my mail as in it allows you to sign up for stupid mailing lists which you then subsequently spam every junkmail advertisement you get from then I agree.

People bash junkmail all the time. It's your own private drudge report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    October 1, 2012
    ..9:08 am cst
    Story is still missing on Fox News...
    I could have sworn these guys were frightened at the thought that voter fraud was being committed...
    Has Faux said word one on this yet?

Blowhard Hush Rimjauhb?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New link for CosmoredCowboy. The one in the OP scurred him.

http://news.yahoo.com/voter-registra...-election.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see an article on voter registration irregularities. I have no comment about these allegations and the article is very short on detailed substantive information. It's not like the FBI raided them like they did with ACORN.

You need to get a donut pillow for that butthurt, Chump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no comment about these allegations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where's your curiosity, indeed, your outrage? mere allegations never prevented you from airing swift, full-throated denunciations of Blue team . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has "myside bias" made you cir spect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see an article on voter registration irregularities. I have no comment about these allegations and the article is very short on detailed substantive information. It's not like the FBI raided them like they did with ACORN.

You need to get a donut pillow for that butthurt, Chump.
    I'll walk you through it, princess. Take my hand.

What was ACORN accused of?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhhh....guys...the Republicans are the ones that filed the complaint.

State Republican officials already have fired the vendor it had hired to register voters, and took the additional step of filing an election fraud complaint against the company, Strategic Allied Consulting, with state officials. That complaint was handed over Friday to state law-enforcement authorities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhhh....guys...the Republicans are the ones that filed the complaint.
    Princess, how did officials find out about ACORN's fraudulent forms?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too rich. the world turned upside down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, I think hiring people to register voters for either side is ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and with that, now you can conveniently ignore it. mission accomplished!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and with that, now you can conveniently ignore it. mission accomplished!
    Damn dude. You need to get a life if you feel like you just accomplished something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he means that your mission of paradoxically ignoring the thing that you used to be outraged against is accomplished.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn dude. You need to get a life if you feel like you just accomplished something.
    I believe he was referring to your mission, princess.

Thread Information