Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1495
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Red State movement to depress voting in general is the functional equivalent of Jim Crow 2.0. It will do nothing to make elections more secure, the point is to make it harder for "traditional Democratic Party consituencies" to vote.

Not sure how this will turn out at the national level, but if the US economy recovers as robustly as predicted, it may not matter much in 2022.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

only Euro-White Males are (highest) quality voters, blacks and browns are low quality to be denied the vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No voter fraud, just a handful of wrong addresses on registration forms.

Last edited by Winehole23; 03-15-2021 at 05:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started this thread 9 years ago, left this forum, came back to now... and the same is still going on. Wild, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In context, this is incitement to mass violence on election day.

Make no mistake, Trump is running against the election itself. This cry for volunteers is also a klaxon for Day Zero post-democracy stormtroopers.
    I got the date wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll probably see a maximalist version of this after the election, Trump challenging absentee ballots wherever HRC had large majorities in 2016.
    Damn, I had this one dialed in early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gov. Abbott pressured the DPS and the Texas SOS to purge Texas voters, then threw DPS and acting SOS David Whitley under the bus when the list turned out to contain tens of thousands of legal voters.

Abbott then rehired Whitley as a personal assistant at $200,000/year.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...r-13936493.php
    plus ça change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No voter fraud, just a handful of wrong addresses on registration forms.

16 out of 17M is like 10% right?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We certainly cant call it a waste of taxpayer dollars.
    Paxton has wasted a whole lot more on himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess Rudy was gullible like derp.

Putin targeted people close to Trump in bid to influence 2020 election, U.S. intelligence says.

Russian President Vladimir Putin and other senior officials in Moscow sought to influence the 2020 election by spreading misleading information about Joe Biden through prominent individuals, some of whom were close to former president Donald Trump, the U.S. intelligence community said in a report Tuesday.

The report does not identify those individuals by name, but it appears to reference Trump’s onetime personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, whose repeated meetings with a suspected Russian agent came under scrutiny by U.S. officials.

Both Russia and Iran sought to influence the election, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said in its report. But a third major adversary, China, did not try, it says, contradicting the Trump administration’s assertions about Beijing’s activity last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a6d_story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Im sure all 16 were on the blue team.
    A veritable blue wave of cheating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are many stupid poor people, they are called Democrats.
    There are fewer smart, hard working, honest people who make money, they are called Republicans.

So yes we have a problem with our elections.
    This is the reasoning that fuels basic red team paranoia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . . Well, well, well, guess someone’s duck got cooked.

Judge rips Arizona GOP for 'groundless' lawsuit challenging Biden's win, orders it to pay legal fees.

Calling its lawsuit challenging 2020 election procedures "groundless" and "disingenuous," a judge has ordered the Arizona Republican Party – and its lawyers – to pay the state thousands of dollars in legal fees.

In his ruling, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge John Hannah contended the GOP's team acted in "bad faith" when it questioned the process for auditing voting machines and sought to delay certification of election results last November.

Instead of living up to the "privileged position in the electoral process" afforded to it by state law, Hannah said, the party sought to undermine Arizonans' confidence in election results.

"The public has a right to expect the Arizona Republican Party to conduct itself respectfully," he wrote. "It has failed to do so in this case."

The party and its attorneys must pay the Arizona Secretary of State's Office $18,238, according to the order. That's just a fraction of nearly $152,000 the agency said it spent defending itself against a barrage of election fraud lawsuits challenging President Joe Biden's Arizona win.

Secretary of State Katie Hobbs said the "damage inflicted upon our democracy by frivolous lawsuits and conspiracy theories can't be measured in dollars." But she called the order "good news for taxpayers" and said it sent an important message to "those willing to abuse the legal process for political purposes."

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-rips-ar...121644101.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE'RE VERY CONCERNED ABOUT ELECTION INTEGRITY

(unless the GOP benefits)

Florida Republican leaders say they are standing by a former Miami-Dade state senator who was arrested on election fraud charges Thursday, rebuking Democratic calls to hold a special election in order to ensure a legitimate vote.

Florida's GOP-controlled legislature is among dozens of states promoting stricter "voter integrity" laws in the wake of former President Donald Trump's unfounded claims of fraud in the November 2020 election. But Florida Republicans say the GOP state senator who was elected—by a slim 32-vote margin—through allegedly deceptive means instead has the party's "full support." Miami-Dade County State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle filed felony charges against former state Senator Frank Artiles Thursday, accusing him of organizing a $50,000 "ghost campaign" aimed at unseating in bent Democratic state senator Jose Javier Rodriguez. The "sham" independent candidate neither lived in the district nor campaigned for the seat.

Prosecutors say Artiles deliberately sought to "confuse voters and siphon votes" from the in bent Democrat. Artiles was arrested and charged with three separate campaign finance crimes tied to the 2020 Florida state Senate elections. But the GOP-controlled Florida legislature said it will not hold a special election to ensure voter trus
    https://www.newsweek.com/voting-redo...charge-1577602

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there some bull , good government rationale for this, or no?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Georgia House passes bill to punish Delta Airlines after CEO attacks Republican voter suppression bill

The Georgia State House passed a bill that would eliminate tax breaks for Delta Airlines for jet fuel.

The vote was 97-73 and moves onto the state Senate.

https://www.rawstory.com/georgia-hou...delta-airlines

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "business friendly"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ex FL State Senator paid a no-party candidate with the same last name as another candidate to sway an election.

Prosecutors on Thursday filed new felony charges against Frank Artiles, a Republican operative and former state senator, and Alexis Rodriguez, an auto-parts dealer who authorities say was recruited and paid by Artiles to sway the outcome of a Miami-Dade state Senate race.

The new charges — filed in the 11th Judicial Circuit in Miami-Dade County — expand on a criminal case that accuses Artiles of paying Rodriguez nearly $50,000 to run as an independent in Miami-Dade’s Senate District 37 race.

Prosecutors are are now accusing Rodriguez of submitting false voter information that said he lived in Palmetto Bay, though he lived in Boca Raton at the time of the election. Knowingly filing an incorrect address with the state is a third-degree felony.

Artiles is also facing a new third-degree felony for allegedly advising and helping Rodriguez to “willfully submit a false voter registration application” on June 9, 2020, days before Rodriguez qualified to appear on the ballot.
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/m...cie-story.html
    https://apnews.com/article/miami-sen...7a71ca80b5aaae

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, at least he wasn't trying to hand out bottles of water..........

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis wants voters’ signatures to match. Would his pass the test?

If the Florida governor gets his way,

mail-in ballot signatures would have to match the most recent signature on file with the state.

His own signature history shows how autographs evolve.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...pass-the-test/

Jim Crow lives on in Confederate FL
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-20-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Thread Information