Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Every one was having a tizzy over the now Diebold electronic machines, saying they would be rigged for the republicans. Of the three types of machines shown, only the Diebold system (E-Vote) had a majority of Kerry votes. The Op-Scan and Punch systems in place for years had Bush votes at the majority.
    Repug Blackwell and his Repug operatives counted the votes.

None dare call it stolen: Ohio, the election, and America's servile press

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2005/08/0080696

Voting Problems in Ohio Spur Call for Overhaul

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/24/national/24vote.html

Your machine technology proves nothing. w/o OH stolen, dubya was a one-term loser, and he "won" by the slimmest margin of any in bent Pres.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Every one was having a tizzy over the now Diebold electronic machines, saying they would be rigged for the republicans. Of the three types of machines shown, only the Diebold system (E-Vote) had a majority of Kerry votes. The Op-Scan and Punch systems in place for years had Bush votes at the majority.
    That would be more convincing, as already noted, if you had maps showing how and where those machines were VERY SPECIFICALLY placed.

Controlling for confounding variables is the first link in taking your conspiracy theory from Cosmored-land to legitimacy. If you can't do that, you can go stand in the corner with the moon landing hoax people.

Can you eliminate this confounding variable for your theory?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is True the Vote Shaking Down States With Nuisance Lawsuits?

Less than a month before Election Day, the "election integrity" group True The Vote is battered, bewildered and disappointed. The upcoming election landscape will hardly resemble the "ground war" they were hoping for. Voter fraud as a thing has been exposed by civil rights watchdogs and a wide range of journalists as pure conspiracy theory. And civil rights legal advocates have at least temporarily blocked all of the most strict voter ID laws for which they fought so hard.

But while True the Vote is down, they're certainly not out. The group still hopes to make an impact in November, though they've downgraded their self-descriptors from "armies" prepared for "ground wars" to "grannies with clipboards." Besides their cheering for voter fraud billboards targeted in poor, black neighborhoods in Ohio, their last operative hope is to shake down states, including Ohio, that don't comply with their purging demands with frivolous lawsuits.

A true army, encompassing journalists, lawyers, election protection volunteers, civil rights activists and the ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform will be watching the watchers throughout early voting periods and on Election Day. The real question now is, if things go awry with any of the clipboard grannies, will True the Vote have its volunteers' backs? If recent news reports are any indication, it sounds like the volunteers True the Vote has recruited will be on their own.

True the Vote attorney Brock Akers told The American Prospect's Abby Rapaport that True the Vote has "no relationship with any other groups and [is] not aware of others describing themselves as 'empowered.'"

Akers was flat out lying. Colorlines created a map that points to no less than two dozen groups True the Vote is aware of. One of those groups, the Virginia Voters Alliance, has a YouTube video posted where one of its leaders clearly spells out the training relationship, and also spells out why True the Vote told them not to use their name—"because of all of the lawsuits they had been getting in Houston," VVA's Reagan George explains.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/170627...ance-lawsuits#

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    That would be more convincing, as already noted, if you had maps showing how and where those machines were VERY SPECIFICALLY placed.

Controlling for confounding variables is the first link in taking your conspiracy theory from Cosmored-land to legitimacy. If you can't do that, you can go stand in the corner with the moon landing hoax people.

Can you eliminate this confounding variable for your theory?
    The file that the graph came out of is a huge excel file that breaks everything down by voting precinct. If you want to look at it, here is the main link for Ohio:

Ohio 2004 Presidential Elections: Results, Summary, Charts and Spreadsheets

Knock yourself. out. The guy tries to prove a Bush side cheat, and you may agree. I see other anomalies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truthout.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit,[2] progressive/liberal news organization in the United States that operates a web site[3] and distributes a daily newsletter.

Yep, this this is another really, really good unbias source..............

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truthout.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit,[2] progressive/liberal news organization in the United States that operates a web site[3] and distributes a daily newsletter.

Yep, this this is another really, really good unbias source..............
    Tell us which news sources are perfectly objective.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol deflection.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pennsylvania Utility Company Admits Newsletter Contains Wrong Voter ID Information, Keeps Sending It Anyway

Pennsylvania’s biggest utility company, PECO, has admitted to sending incorrect voter ID information to 1.3 million customers in 7 Pennsylvania counties. Despite the recent suspension of the state’s strict voter ID law, PECO’s newsletter warned voters that they must present a valid photo ID in order to vote on Election Day. When customers complained about the inaccurate mailing, a PECO spokesperson explained the mailing was approved a week before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court sent the law back to the Commonwealth Court to reconsider the risk of disenfranchisement for low-income, minority, and elderly voters. “We were trying to do a service for our customers in Pennsylvania, to get the word out. Because of the press time of this particular publication, unfortunately the information in there is not entirely correct,” PECO rep Ben Armstrong told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Though the mailing may have been a simple technical mistake, PECO plans to keep distributing its newsletter unchanged through October 28:

Armstrong said Peco intended to continue distribution of the faulty newsletter through its October billing cycle, running through Oct. 28. It’s not possible for its printer to schedule a corrected run, he said, and the newsletter contains information on other programs “that needs to get” to customers.

The other items this month include information on the utility’s home energy audits, how to make donations to its Matching Energy Assistance Fund, Fire Safety Month, and a cutout for customers to get discounts at the Please Touch Museum.

Peco’s next billing cycle begins Oct. 29, a week before the election, but the company has no plans to deal with voter ID in its next newsletter, Armstrong said.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ing-it-anyway/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB

eloquent, convincing, devastating retorts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tricksters Trying To Suppress Vote With Deceptive Phone Calls

?Some African American, Spanish-speaking and elderly voters in Florida and Virginia are apparently being targeted by anonymous voter-suppression groups trying to trick them or intimidate them into not voting in the November presidential election, according to election officials and voter protection organizations.

The Virginia State Board of Elections is warning residents that "some Virginia voters, particularly older Virginians, are receiving phone calls from unidentified individuals informing voters that they can vote over the phone. This information is false."

In Florida, the 866-OUR-VOTE election protection hotline run by the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law has received a report of a similar calls in Florida.
    The lawyers' committee is also investigating reports from callers into African-American and Spanish-language radio stations in Florida that they had received warnings over the phone that election officials would be checking car insurance and registration status at the polls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics

Now why would Dem operatives want to intimidate, misinform, confuse voters who heavily vote Dem?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking great for Gecko/Ryan!

Millions lose access to polls, have votes go uncounted

The comprehensive report by the Caltech-MIT Voting Technology Project said millions of voters continued to lose access to the polls or have their votes uncounted because of technological and procedural shortfalls. The group recommends more study, attention and government investment to solve the problems.

“Unfortunately, the nation has not always had the patience to sustain and fully implement reforms, and election reform is no exception,” the report said. “Today, new challenges in elections have arisen that, if not addressed, could result in an eventual cons utional crisis just as critical as that following the 2000 presidential election.”

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/40.../p2p-72935583/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using the continued postings of liberal machines that live to manufacture pseudo events does not bode well for a convincing argument. It's kind of like using the National Enquirer as your source to argue that aliens from outer space are real.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dbestpro?

Do you think your Fox Repug Propaganda network. WND, Daily Caller, is doing investigative reporting on right-wing vote fraud?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Using the continued postings of liberal machines that live to manufacture pseudo events does not bode well for a convincing argument. It's kind of like using the National Enquirer as your source to argue that aliens from outer space are real.
    LA Times is usually fairly solid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    dbestpro?

Do you think your Fox Repug Propaganda network. WND, Daily Caller, is doing investigative reporting on right-wing vote fraud?
    Apparently nobody is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have not quoted fox in any discussion that I have posted. I understand that if I want to have a convincing argument that I need to post facts and statistics that are neither manipulated or contrived.

If you really do want to get near the truth a good way is to look at MSNBC and Fox and when they are both saying the same thing then it most likely is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The file that the graph came out of is a huge excel file that breaks everything down by voting precinct. If you want to look at it, here is the main link for Ohio:

Ohio 2004 Presidential Elections: Results, Summary, Charts and Spreadsheets

Knock yourself. out. The guy tries to prove a Bush side cheat, and you may agree. I see other anomalies.
    You look at the data and see a different interpretation that shows Democrats bad, and Republicans good?

Ho-lee ing , stop the presses.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You look at the data and see a different interpretation that shows Democrats bad, and Republicans good?

Ho-lee ing , stop the presses.
    Did that give you the information you asked for, or not?

Data can me interpreted in many ways. No individual conclusion, including mine is necessarily correct. Still, I find it so ironic that the method the liberals and democrats screamed about were the electronic voting machines, that they would be rigged for a Bush victory, and it was that system that gave the Kerry win. the other two systems in place gave the bush win. Nothing conclusive, but isn't it more likely if a system was tampered with, it was one and not two...

Here is the specific excel file in the mess of data overload I linked:

Ohio 2004 Presidential Election Canvass - Voting by Counties
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 10-18-2012 at 11:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did that give you the information you asked for, or not?

Data can me interpreted in many ways. No individual conclusion, including mine is necessarily correct. Still, I find it so ironic that the method the liberals and democrats screamed about were the electronic voting machines, that they would be rigged for a Bush victory, and it was that system that gave the Kerry win. the other two systems in place gave the bush win. Nothing conclusive, but isn't it more likely if a system was tampered with, it was one and not two...

Here is the specific excel file in the mess of data overload I linked:

Ohio 2004 Presidential Election Canvass - Voting by Counties
    It did not.

From what I could tell, in my brief review, the conclusions you are attempting to draw could not be evidenced by the data you have been attempting to draw them from.

I'm not going to give you enough of my time to flesh it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be quite probable that the voting machines that were electronic were placed in urban areas, which are highly populated and vote more democratic first, because quite simply it is more cost effective.

The paper ballots would remain in the rural area where the population is more spread out because it would be more expensive to do.These areas tend to vote republican. Truly, there is nothing to see here.

Looks to me like someone saw a rubber mouse and called the health department to complain of a rat infestation.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It did not.

From what I could tell, in my brief review, the conclusions you are attempting to draw could not be evidenced by the data you have been attempting to draw them from.

I'm not going to give you enough of my time to flesh it out.
    I agree. It's a lot of data to get anything substantial from.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell Clear Channel to take down voter suppression billboards

It's one of the nastiest voter suppression schemes we've seen: this week, in African American and Latino neighborhoods in Ohio and Wisconsin, an anonymous group started running outrageous billboards that try to scare people away from voting.1

The billboards are hosted by Clear Channel, a media conglomerate owned by Bain Capital - the same company that Mitt Romney co-founded.2

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/clearchannel_billboard/?p=clearchannel_billboard&r=6979527&id=49033-2667369-xYYcOtx

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How does this scare people away from voting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh, you have no answer. Not surprising.

Thread Information