Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hey x, how many voters did those jokers intimidate. Surely you have testimony from dozens of people who were blocked from actually entering the polling place.

No, you don't. Sorry you're so afraid of black people.
    This query works in multiple ways. Subs ute "billboards" for "jokers".

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This query works in multiple ways. Subs ute "billboards" for "jokers".
    True enough. Now if they have people at the polls threatening people with jail time, that would probably be a different story.

They can, to my knowledge, stand outside a polling place with a stick looking stupid, however.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    voter fraud is a massive problem!

sincerely,

red teamer
    Diabold voting machine rigging is a massive problem!

Sincerely,

Blue Teamer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A third instance of fraudulent voter registration has been uncovered in the important swing state of Virginia, where a Republican consultant has been arrested and thousands of discarded voter registration forms were recovered from a dumpster earlier this week. According to the Not Larry Sabato blog, a law student at James Madison University registered to vote on campus, but found when she tried to verify the change online, found that her form had never been submitted.

On Thursday, Raw Story reported that 31-year-old Colin Small, a Republican operative employed by Pinpoint, a firm contracted by Republican Party of Virginia, was arrested and charged with “four counts of destruction of voter registration applications, eight counts of disclosure of voter registration application, and one count of obstruction of justice” for throwing active voter registration forms into a dumpster.

Not Larry Sabato blogger Ben Trippett wrote that 2 to 3 weeks ago, a woman, identified only by her first name, Lucy, attempted to update her voter registration at a table on the campus of James Madison University.

“She stopped to fill out a voter registration form to change her voting address from her parents house in Fairfax to her dorm address in Harrisonburg so she could vote in person on election day,” wrote Trippett. ”On Wednesday night Lucy went online to check her voter registration status and found out she had not been registered in Harrisonburg- meaning whoever was collecting her form on campus had not turned it in.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/1...d-in-virginia/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pennsylvania Newspaper Owned By Top Right-Wing Funder Falsely Claims ID Is Required To Vote

The Mount Pleasant Journal is one of several newspapers run by Trib Total Media, a media conglomerate owned by billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife. Scaife’s foundation donated hundreds of millions of dollars to conservative organizations ranging from the American Enterprise Ins ution to the Federalist Society, and he currently serves as vice-chairman of the right-wing Heritage Foundation’s board of trustees.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...uired-to-vote/

Wasn't Mellon-Scaife the 1% asshole who financed Paula Jones and the witchhunt of the Clinton's?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I have no problem with requiring adequate Id for voting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with requiring adequate Id for voting.
    and you have no problem with Repugs and their thugs disenfranchising legit Dem voters with intimidation and misinformation.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    and you have no problem with Repugs and their thugs disenfranchising legit Dem voters with intimidation and misinformation.
    If people are to scared to vote when they legally can, that's their problem. Not yours or mine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey RG, give me a break and others. What damn paperwork, voter registration card. Voter suppression, you mean like the black panther duds standing at the polling place with clubs in the hand.

Last time I checked, the sign is correct.
    Voter ID is more about having a voter registration card, it is about having some form of verified ID, and the expense and hassle of getting that ID and/or the do entation required to get it.

Given that such restrictions benefit one party, and it is that party that is calling for such laws, it pays to be HIGHLY skeptical.

If I advocated for a law that would somehow discourage legitimate Republican voters, based on some problem I couldn't prove exists, what would YOU say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If people are to scared to vote when they legally can, that's their problem. Not yours or mine.
    That is everybody's problem.

Do you think it is morally right to, by whatever inaction, deny people their vote?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Repug cheaters and fraudsters will be frantically working to steal this one like 2004

Oct. 22: Ohio Has 50-50 Chance of Deciding Election

But this year, all the clichés about Ohio are true. In our most recent simulations, Ohio has provided the decisive vote in the Electoral College about 50 percent of the time.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...ding-election/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    That is everybody's problem.

Do you think it is morally right to, by whatever inaction, deny people their vote?
    What the is wrong with you? Voting is suppose to be sacred, and nobody should turn a blind eye and allow illegal voting to be easy, by not checking for it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What the is wrong with you? Voting is suppose to be sacred, and nobody should turn a blind eye and allow illegal voting to be easy, by not checking for it.
    i agree. its terrible what the republicans did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Voting is suppose to be sacred"

just another "belief", a "myth" that Americans live by, similar to "America is democracy", "God loves and prefers America"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That didn't really answer my question, although I can probably construe "voting is suppose [sic] to be sacred" to be a "yes", so let's go on.

Fraudulent voting is already illegal. You don't think that the penalties are enough to prevent most cases of fraud?

This of course, touches on the extent of the voter fraud. Voter ID simply prevents "in person" fraud. How many people do you think would have to be involved in any given scheme to actually affect outcomes of most elections?

If such a scheme was in place, don't you think that given pollworkers would remember, say the same person voting 5-10+ times? Or would these magic people have the time to drive from place to place and vote in a different place each time.

Fill in the spaces as to what would be required for your conspiracy theory. Otherwise, you get to stand in the corner with Cosmored.

That is perfectly reasonable to ask for if you want a costly new law put in place to prevent what you think is a problem. First, you have to prove, as has been asked of you repeatedly, that there is a problem in the first place.

1) Unicorns parking illegally is a problem. Since illegal unicorn parking is a problem, we need to pass laws, and set up police task forces to monitor and enforce the laws that penalize this problem.
    2) In-person voting fraud is a problem. Since in person voting fraud is a problem, we need to pass laws, and set up police task forces to monitor and enforce laws that penalize this problem.
    Both statements require the first grounding assumption to be true for the second half to be a rational solution.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Official Threatens Election Observers With Arrest And Prosecution

More right-wing politicians are warning incoming international observers not to interfere in the U.S. elections, or else. Among them is Texas Attorney General Greg Abbot, who sent the head of an Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) observers team a terse letter informing them that any attempt to meddle in voting will result in arrest and prosecution. The OSCE did not take kindly to the insinuation in a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton:

Abbot’s reaction is part of a larger narrative being spun by the right, in which the observers’ presence serves as a threat to their attempts to crack down on supposed voter fraud. This comes despite the fact that these observers have been present at every U.S. national election for the last decade.

In an example of the sudden Republican distrust of these observers, Rep. Connie Mack (R-FL) said in a statement that the idea that the United Nations “would be allowed, if not encouraged, to install foreigners sympathetic to the likes of Castro, Chavez, Ahmadinejad and Putin to oversee our elections is nothing short of disgusting.”

http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...ion-observers/

The USA Empire: "Don't Do as USA does (install/support/mandate election observers in foreign countries), GTFO of USA as Repugs steal elections"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) Unicorns parking illegally is a problem. Since illegal unicorn parking is a problem, we need to pass laws, and set up police task forces to monitor and enforce the laws that penalize this problem.
    The rational solution is obviously to force all those who park to provide proof that they are not unicorns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell Clear Channel to take down voter suppression billboards

It's one of the nastiest voter suppression schemes we've seen: this week, in African American and Latino neighborhoods in Ohio and Wisconsin, an anonymous group started running outrageous billboards that try to scare people away from voting.1

The billboards are hosted by Clear Channel, a media conglomerate owned by Bain Capital - the same company that Mitt Romney co-founded.2

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/clearchannel_billboard/?p=clearchannel_billboard&r=6979527&id=49033-2667369-xYYcOtx
    "Citizens" United: Bain Capital, Clear Channel and Those Voter Fraud Billboards

The anonymous donor behind a voter fraud billboard campaign would rather pull the ads than be identified, raising questions about ties to Romney-founded Bain Capital and its ownership of the company that owns and operates the billboard firm.

What is the connection between Bain Capital and a bevy of voter fraud billboards funded by an anonymous donor that have popped up in low-income neighborhoods in swing states only weeks before the election?

The management firm started by Mitt Romney is one of the owners of Clear Channel Communications, the advertising and billboard company at the center of a scandal surrounding more than 140 billboards warning against voter fraud.

Clear Channel, which syndicates Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck on its radio channels, has said it will remove the billboards following a public pressure campaign. But the company has still not revealed the anonymous donor behind the billboards, contrary to its rules on political ads.

The billboards appear to be part of the Republican-led push to pass bills against voter fraud that advocates argue is meant to discourage minority communities from exercising their right to vote. But it also shows the difficulty of finding who is behind the money, or the billboard, in the age of Citizens United.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/12320...aud-billboards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats up with republicans and cheating to win elections?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Blue Teams hypocrisy flambe' is hilarious. There is simultaneously no voter fraud and massive voter fraud.
    Pick a ing lane already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blue Teams hypocrisy flambe' is hilarious. There is simultaneously no voter fraud and massive voter fraud.
    Pick a ing lane already.
    There is no massive voter fraud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick a ing lane already.
    what a discriminating, refined laser of an intellect.

The Repugs whine and about non-existent voter fraud by blacks, etc.

The Dems claim EXISTENT, with good evidence, VOTE COUNTING fraud, caging, intimidation, misinformation (OH sending out mail with Nov 8 as date, FL calling people saying they can vote by phone), intimidation, FL and other Repug state making (black) ex-felons wait 7 years out of prison before they can vote, etc.

Repug know they've lost the demographics, so their only recourse is disenfranchise.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what a discriminating, refined laser of an intellect.

The Repugs whine and about non-existent voter fraud by blacks, etc.

The Dems claim EXISTENT, with good evidence, VOTE COUNTING fraud, caging, intimidation, misinformation (OH sending out mail with Nov 8 as date, FL calling people saying they can vote by phone), intimidation, FL and other Repug state making (black) ex-felons wait 7 years out of prison before they can vote, etc.

Repug know they've lost the demographics, so their only recourse is disenfranchise.
    I only appear to have a refined laser of intellect in contrast to your addled confirmation bias.
    lol evidence.
    lol Red Team exclusive

lol flaming hypocrisy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick a ing lane already.
    Given:
    1) little or no evidence of the kinds of fraud that would be prevented by voter ID laws.
    2) some fair evidence that voter ID laws would tend to depress some traditionally Democratic voting blocs
    3) Leading GOP officials calling for voter ID laws

Either leading GOP officials are not smart enough to realize there is no evidence, or they know about #1 and realize #2, and are pushing for such laws for reasons that have nothing to do with "protecting the sanc y of the vote".

I don't really see any other possibilities.

Maybe you can tel me then are the GOP leaders pushing for this, stupid or evil?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Given:
    1) little or no evidence of the kinds of fraud that would be prevented by voter ID laws.
    2) some fair evidence that voter ID laws would tend to depress some traditionally Democratic voting blocs
    3) Leading GOP officials calling for voter ID laws

Either leading GOP officials are not smart enough to realize there is no evidence, or they know about #1 and realize #2, and are pushing for such laws for reasons that have nothing to do with "protecting the sanc y of the vote".

I don't really see any other possibilities.

Maybe you can tel me then are the GOP leaders pushing for this, stupid or evil?
    Likely a combo, non-exclusive, of both in a begging the question sort of way.

Thread Information