Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s New Attempt to Skew Redistricting

the administration was determined to move ahead with a separate collection of citizenship data that it could offer Republican-controlled states to use for redistricting, instead of the traditional total population measurement.

“Accordingly, the Secretary has directed the Census Bureau to proceed with the 2020 Census without a citizenship question on the questionnaire, and rather to produce

Citizenship Voting Age Population (CVAP)

information prior to April 1, 2021 that states may use in redistricting.”

“Administrative records will use existing government information to produce citizen voting age population (CVAP) data at the census block level, the smallest geographic data unit,”

Block-level data is all a state would need to plug in to widely available redistricting software and spit out a map based on CVAP, which would skew heavily white and Republican.

Such a move would reshape the political and social topography of any state that tries it.

Legislative seats — and the raw political power that comes with them — would shift away from diverse urban areas and gravitate toward whiter suburban and rural communities.

The centers of political gravity would also bend in those directions,

resulting in state legislative maps that strongly favor the Republican Party.

The effects of extreme partisan gerrymandering and stringent voter-ID laws would be amplified.

This has been a long-standing fantasy for conservative legal scholars and hard-boiled GOP operatives alike.

it’s hard to imagine that there will not be an early effort by some Republican-controlled states to adopt CVAP redistricting and test it in the courts

it would not be terribly surprising if

Chief Justice John Roberts

the author and deciding vote in the June decision on the citizenship question —

found a way to let Republicans use CVAP even though he stopped them from imposing it nationally via the Census.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/trump-moves-ahead-on-citizenship-data-to-skew-redistricting.html

The Cons ution-hating/destroying Repugs know they can't win without ing the census, without cheating, without voter suppression, without counting fraud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Democracy for Some, But Not for All': Report Reveals Nearly 1,700 Polling Places Closed Since Supreme Court Weakened Voting Rights Act

"Seems like Republicans don't want people to vote...wonder what they are worried about."

Civil rights advocates said Tuesday that The U.S. Supreme Court must restore a key provision of the Voting Rights Act

after a sweeping new report showed how the court's decision led to the closure of nearly 1,700 polling places across the American South.

The Leadership Conference on Civil Rights Under Law study, "Democracy Diverted," revealed Tuesday that

nearly 1,200 of the polling places were closed between the 2014 and 2018 midterm elections,

"underscoring the scale of this assault on U.S. democracy."

"We must recognize that closures are taking place at alarming speed amid broader efforts to prevent people of color from voting,"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/10/democracy-some-not-all-report-reveals-nearly-1700-polling-places-closed-supreme?cd-origin=rss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems lose NC-9, again.

Solid Republican district since 1963 stays Republican after Republicans cheated and fouled the election, causing a revote.

Voting is key, radio and TV spots slagging the other guy, somewhat less so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems lose NC-9, again.

Solid Republican district since 1963 stays Republican after Republicans cheated and fouled the election, causing a revote.

Voting is key, radio and TV spots slagging the other guy, somewhat less so.
    Not really a surprise outcome. It was closer than it should have been.

"win at all costs" has been the "tone at the top" for the GOP since the Clinton-ear Republican Revolution.

Cheating on many levels is symptomatic of that, IMO. Closing polling places, limiting voter registration, voter ID laws, gerrymandering, and in this case and others actively cheating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a surprise outcome. It was closer than it should have been.

"win at all costs" has been the "tone at the top" for the GOP since the Clinton-ear Republican Revolution.

Cheating on many levels is symptomatic of that, IMO. Closing polling places, limiting voter registration, voter ID laws, gerrymandering, and in this case and others actively cheating.
    Now do the dems...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yuuuuuuup

popular vote sanctuary cities yuuuuuuup

Tom Fitton yuuuuup

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

yuuuuuuup

popular vote sanctuary cities yuuuuuuup

Tom Fitton yuuuuup
    Inactive voters don't vote by definition.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris's whole bit in this thread is to reheat half a dozen already discredited stories over and over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris's whole bit in this thread is to reheat half a dozen already discredited stories over and over.
    Qhris does not care about the truth, merely "owning the libs". Whatever lie does that is fine with him. He won't defend anything, just ring the doorbell and run away.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Qhris can't stand being exposed. He'll stop acknowledging you once you prove he's full of too many times for his ego to handle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris can't stand being exposed. He'll stop acknowledging you once you prove he's full of too many times for his ego to handle
    These assholes, which Repug voters are why America is so ed and un able, are so indoctrinated, programmed, conspiracy-sotted that they are perfectly immune, impervious, resistant, deaf and blind to facts or just alternative interpretations. Enjoy your pissing contests.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUSTED: NC GOP senator announces retirement after getting caught on video gerrymandering his district

North Carolina Republican state Sen. John Alexander has announced that he will not seek re-election after he was caught trying to gerrymander his own district.

Alexander made the announcement on Thursday after he was seen on video Wednesday making changes that would have made his district a safe Republican seat while representing many Democrats in the Raleigh area.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/busted-nc-gop-senator-announces-retirement-after-getting-caught-on-video-gerrymandering-his-district/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1468

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin's dictate to Trash to withdraw USA from int'l agreements and sow chaos across the planet continues

Fears of ‘collateral damage to democracy’ swell as Trump weighs withdrawing from global postal pact

Thousands of absentee ballots could be uncounted in upcoming elections thanks to President Donald Trump’s objection to a treaty which governs the international mail exchange for nearly 200 countries.

Citing disapproval of shipping rates it says unfairly favor China, ING LIE, ALWAYS LYING

the White House is weighing a potential

withdrawal next month from the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a United Nations agency which allows for global postal service.

Without U.S. membership in the UPU, overseas voters could face high shipping rates for mailing their ballots as well as mass confusion, which could leave thousands of votes uncounted in 2019 and 2020.

“Military and overseas citizens already face enormous hurdles casting their votes,”

“These citizens may be forced to pay up to $70 to return their ballots via private shipping companies,

and it’s not clear all states will accept ballots delivered this way.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/fears-of-collateral-damage-to-democracy-swell-as-trump-weighs-withdrawing-from-global-postal-pact/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1471

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white guy violates a woman? skated free.

white celeb spend $1000s to cheat her kid into college, a couple weeks in jail

a BLACK lady in hole Jim Crow slave state TX votes wrong?

Crystal Mason’s ballot was never counted.

Will she still serve five years in prison for illegally voting?

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/cry...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no right to vote in the USA, use it or lose it:

https://www.apnews.com/4b056486ba6340938fc56a8ef02fbb5e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thousands of polling places closed in the USA, 750 in Texas since 2013.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-wait-longer1/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why more than 130,000 new voting machines could lead to more distrust in the 2020 presidential election results

the machines are controversial, splitting independent experts and election activists on issues that will likely affect public trust and confidence.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/why...ction-results/

goddamn, America, flattering/lying to itself that it's a democracy, is so ed up it can't even provide reliable (every vote counts and is counted accurately), uncontroversial voting system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Census Bureau wants the same Texas driver’s license data from failed voter purge for citizen count

Earlier this year, outdated driver’s license records led to an attempt to remove naturalized citizens from voter rolls.

these records have already proved to be unreliable indicators of citizenship status in Texas,

namely during
    this year’s failed voter purge when former interim Secretary of State David Whitley wrongly accused thousands of naturalized citizens of illegally voting.

if Texas leaders use citizenship counts instead of total population to redraw congressional and state Senate districts in 2021 — an idea President Donald Trump publicly pushed this year

Latinos, children under 18 and noncitizen immigrants could miss out on proper political representation for the next 10 years. that's the entire point by the racist Repugs

The Census Bureau requested the records from Texas this month to comply with an executive order signed by Trump in July.

His administration wants to provide states with a count of citizens

so that states can redraw districts based on the number of voting-aged citizens rather than total population.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...alPoints102219

I will be surprised if racist bag Repugs in racist hole TX do NOT give the DL data to Trash

counting citizens only is a violation of the Cons ution.

But bag Repugs don't GAF about the Cons ution or any laws, regs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    slave state don't won't no goddamn knitters votin

Georgia Releases List Of Nearly 315,000 Voters Set To Be Removed From Rolls

The state has faced scrutiny in the past for aggressively vacating people’s voter registrations.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/georgia-voter-purge-list_n_5dba00d6e4b00d83f722046c?ncid=newsltushpmgn ews

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats challenge new Texas limits on polling sites, claiming it’s GOP response to youth surge in 2018

The federal lawsuit alleges a new law banning temporary voting locations in Texas uncons utionally suppresses young voter turnout.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/10/30/democrats-challenge-new-texas-limits-on-polling-sites-claiming-its-gop-response-to-youth-surge-in-2018/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_conten t=Trump+impeachment+vote+today%2C+UT+fraternity+ha zing%2C+investigation+of+fertility+doctor&utm_camp aign=PoliticalPoints103119

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JO shows how Federal politicians, esp Senate Repugs, keep America's voting machine totally unreliable, hackable, etc.

Why? To enable Repug counting fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svEu...ature=youtu.be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

must be a glitch or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be election fraud. Election fraud is a live concern.

By contrast, voter fraud is a problem of infinitessimal dimensions. Crocodile tears, tbh. The laws passed to prevent voter fraud have the effect of disenfranchising legit US citizens, and that's as designed.

The ongoing furore on the right about voter fraud is vote suppression, pure and simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Election fraud recently spoiled a US Congressional election in NC, what did tou think of that, Chris?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Election fraud recently spoiled a US Congressional election in NC, what did tou think of that, Chris?
    do what?

Thread Information