Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisconsin court overturns ruling ordering voter purge

A Wisconsin appeals court on Friday overturned a ruling that ordered the removal of up to 209,000 people from the state’s voter rolls.

The court last month put the ruling, and the purge, on hold while it considered the case.

The 4th District Court of Appeals ruling overturned the decision of an

Ozaukee County judge who had initially ruled in favor of a conservative law firm that was seeking the purge.

The appeals court

also vacated an order from that same judge that found the state Elections Commission in contempt for not moving forward with the purge.

https://fox6now.com/2020/02/28/wisconsin-court-overturns-ruling-ordering-voter-purge/

But the Repug assholes will be back at it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPORT ALLEGES VOTER SUPPRESSION IN ALABAMA

Report Alleges Voter Suppression in Alabama:

Since the
    Supreme Court gutted a key part of the Voting Rights Act of 1965,

Alabama lawmakers have taken a string of actions that disproportionately disenfranchise African American voters

The report states that the Republican-controlled state legislature

implemented a voter ID law that targets minorities,

closed polling places in predominantly minority communities, and

made little effort to educate voters about a new felon re-enfranchisement law.

“Alabama’s political leaders have instead

promoted the myth of voter fraud, particularly in-person voter fraud —

despite numerous studies finding that such fraud is virtually nonexistent,”

https://whowhatwhy.org/2020/02/24/report-alleges-voter-suppression-in-alabama/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole Texas closes hundreds of polling sites,

making it harder for minorities to vote

Guardian analysis finds that

places where black and Latino population is growing by the largest numbers

experienced the majority of closures and could benefit Republicans

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...losures-voting

Repugs can't win fair and square, they MUST cheat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida woman switched multiple voters’ party affiliations from Democrat to Republican —
    without their knowledge

She has been charged with 10 felony counts of submission of false voter registration information.

According to reports, she filed 119 false voter registration applications.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/flo...8460&list_id=1

If she were black, she'd be really screwed.

But pro-Repug voter fraud in Repug FL? no big deal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida woman switched multiple voters’ party affiliations from Democrat to Republican —
    without their knowledge

She has been charged with 10 felony counts of submission of false voter registration information.

According to reports, she filed 119 false voter registration applications.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/flo...8460&list_id=1

If she were black, she'd be really screwed.

But pro-Repug voter fraud in Repug FL? no big deal

was about to post this....

wonder how many trump supporters out there are being paid by this trump support group to with voter cards?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Party of voter suppression

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ballot integrity is code for voter intimidation and suppression, especially if they are minorities -- that's what targeting "inner city" precincts is all about.

https://w.com/2020/04/11/republican-...l-voter-fraud/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Investigative reporter breaks down

the real reason Republicans ‘threw a fit in Wisconsin’

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/inv..._campaign=4271

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John "balls and strikes" Roberts, cheap oligarchy lying

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP loses lawsuit claiming they have a cons utional right to gerrymander Michigan

, a federal appeals court threw out a lawsuit from the Michigan GOP claiming that a newly-created independent redistricting commission violates their cons utional rights.

Republicans heavily gerrymandered Michigan after the 2010 midterm election

solidified their power over the state. Leaked emails showed

party officials boasting that their map would pack
    Dem garbage into a small handful of districts in the southeast.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/gop-loses-lawsuit-claiming-they-have-a-cons utional-right-to-gerrymander-michigan/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4316

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug voter suppression includes intimidating voters at polling places, would be totally defeated by mail-in ballots

CONSERVATIVE OPERATIVES FLOAT PLAN TO

PLACE RETIRED MILITARY, POLICE OFFICERS AS GOP POLL WATCHERS ON ELECTION DAY

The idea is a reprise of once-illegal Election Day “ballot security” intimidation tactics, intended to challenge voter registration and remove voters from the rolls.

At a strategy session in February attended by conservative donors and activists, several people expressed a specific need for Republican poll watchers in “inner city” and predominantly Native American precincts,

“You get some [Navy] Seals in those polls and they’re going to say, ‘No, no, this is what it says. This is how we’re going to play this show,’” said
    Catherine Engelbrecht, founder of True the Vote,

a group that lobbies for
    voting restrictions and organizes volunteers to go into precincts and

aggressively challenge voters who they believe are improperly registered.

“That’s what we need. We need people who are unafraid to call it like they see it.”

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/11/republican-poll-watchers-vote-by-mail-voter-fraud/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The%20Intercept%20New sletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP’S RESPONSE TO VOTE-BY-MAIL: MORE VOTER ROLL PURGES

Republicans hoping to give themselves an edge in swing states have set their sights on yet another voter roll purge in North Carolina.
    After more than 500,000 voters were
    removed from the rolls in North Carolina at the end of 2019,

the right-wing, self-described “election integrity” group

Judicial Watch filed a federal lawsuit in mid-April against the North Carolina State Board of Elections (NCSBE) and

two counties that were
    easily won by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D) in 2016.

The suit demanded that
    nearly 1 million names be purged from the voter rolls due to “inactivity.”

https://whowhatwhy.org/2020/04/23/gops-response-to-vote-by-mail-more-voter-roll-purges/

The oligarchy/Repug coup d'etat, the takeover of America, rolls on unstoppably

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In NY state, voter suppresssion is a blue team sport:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In NY state, voter suppresssion is a blue team sport:

that makes less than no sense. they claim to want to minimize voting because of the pandemic while the downballot primaries are still going forward...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that makes less than no sense. they claim to want to minimize voting because of the pandemic while the downballot primaries are still going forward...
    to preserve the Cuomo machine from attacks from the left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right trusts it with unlimited detention without trial, and extrajudicial killing of citizens.
    Because that's what the right is calling for, vs the left wanting federal healthcare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because that's what the right is calling for, vs the left wanting federal healthcare.
    Another strawman from No-take McGurk. Lying about what liberals think or believe is all you have. Lies. Lies. Lies. It gets old, but is easy to poke holes in.

I am calling for federal health insurance for everybody. Our current system of letting people die because they are poor, doesn't work, and is a drag on the economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP’S RESPONSE TO VOTE-BY-MAIL: MORE VOTER ROLL PURGES

Republicans hoping to give themselves an edge in swing states have set their sights on yet another voter roll purge in North Carolina.
    After more than 500,000 voters were
    removed from the rolls in North Carolina at the end of 2019,

the right-wing, self-described “election integrity” group

Judicial Watch filed a federal lawsuit in mid-April against the North Carolina State Board of Elections (NCSBE) and

two counties that were
    easily won by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D) in 2016.

The suit demanded that
    nearly 1 million names be purged from the voter rolls due to “inactivity.”

https://whowhatwhy.org/2020/04/23/gops-response-to-vote-by-mail-more-voter-roll-purges/

The oligarchy/Repug coup d'etat, the takeover of America, rolls on unstoppably

This is unacceptable. You get for posting this stuff incessantly but it is worth knowing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is unacceptable. You get for posting this stuff incessantly but it is worth knowing.
    So, a voter must fail to vote in two federal election cycles (a federal election cycle includes all elections and primaries in a two-year period) and fail to return an address confirmation card before being put on the inactive list. The inactive voter must then fail to vote in an additional two federal election cycles before his or her name is removed from the voter rolls. That means those who were recently removed from voter rolls have not voted since 2010.

What makes the most recent purge seem so dramatic is that it was almost all done in one week during the holidays, a time when there would be few new people registering to vote. Previous purges took place over several weeks. Every county except Yancy saw a decrease in registration numbers from December 29 to January 5. Previous purges took place over several weeks. As with prior purges, it will take some time for voter registration to reach its pre-purge level; the number of registered voters in the state did not fully recover from the early 2017 voter roll purges until late June of 2018.

From the same article

Helps to read it.

This doesn't stop people from voting, it's purging inactive registrants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, a voter must fail to vote in two federal election cycles (a federal election cycle includes all elections and primaries in a two-year period) and fail to return an address confirmation card before being put on the inactive list. The inactive voter must then fail to vote in an additional two federal election cycles before his or her name is removed from the voter rolls. That means those who were recently removed from voter rolls have not voted since 2010.

What makes the most recent purge seem so dramatic is that it was almost all done in one week during the holidays, a time when there would be few new people registering to vote. Previous purges took place over several weeks. Every county except Yancy saw a decrease in registration numbers from December 29 to January 5. Previous purges took place over several weeks. As with prior purges, it will take some time for voter registration to reach its pre-purge level; the number of registered voters in the state did not fully recover from the early 2017 voter roll purges until late June of 2018.

From the same article

Helps to read it.

This doesn't stop people from voting, it's purging inactive registrants.

No rat ing you won't lie about. Lie. lie. lie.

Let's unpack your lie. First time you fail to answer a direct question, I will simply take that as tacit acknowledgement and gloat about red-assing you. Again. A lot.

If you get purged, but don't know about it, and show up to vote, will you be able to?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you get purged, but don't know about it, and show up to vote, will you be able to?
    no, you will get a provisional ballot that won't be counted for days, ( or ever, in Repug states)

nor will purged you receive a mail-in ballot,

so you have a huge hassle to get back on the voting rolls, meaning the vast majority won't do it,

so Repugs purging MILLIONS is effective "voter suppression" which favors the Repugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, you will get a provisional ballot that won't be counted for days, ( or ever, in Repug states)

so you have a huge hassle to get back on the voting rolls, meaning the vast majority won't do it,

so effective "voter suppression" which favors the Repugs
    Shhh. Let him walk into the trap.

He has made a weak case, let him die on the ground he has chosen. I can't smack him around if you give away the game.

I know it, you know it. What ing astonishes me is that he doesn't.

Or if he does, he his hoping I am not smart enough to point it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so Repugs purging MILLIONS is effective "voter suppression" which favors the Repugs
    If you haven't voted in 10 ing years you're not really that interested in it.

Your chicken little act got blocked. Move on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Misleading’: LIE!

Experts say conservatives’ report on voter fraud touted by Trump contains critical data error

The Public Interest Legal Foundation reported that

more than 1 million ballots sent out to voters in 2018 were returned as undeliverable.

Taken at face value, that would represent a 91% increase over the number of undeliverable mail ballots in 2016, a sign that

a vote-by-mail system would be a “catastrophe” for elections,

after ProPublica provided evidence to PILF that it had in fact doubled the official government numbers,

the organization
    corrected its figure.

PILF regularly sues state and local election officials to force them to purge some voters from registration rolls

The report describes as “missing” all mail ballots that were delivered to a valid address but not returned to be counted.

12 million were mailed by election officials in Colorado, Oregon and Washington, which by law send a mail-in ballot to every registered voter,

roughly 30% of which are not returned for any given election.

unaccounted-for ballots “represent 28 million opportunities for someone to cheat.”

In particular, the organization argues that the number of unreturned ballots would grow if more states adopt voting by mail.

“Election officials ‘know’ what happened to those ballots,”

“They were received by eligible citizens and not filled out.

Where are they now? Most likely, in landfills,”

“The potential to affect elections by chasing down unused mail-in ballots and make sure they get counted — using methods that may or may not be legal — is great,”

“Conflating voters choosing not to cast their ballots with ‘missing’ ballots is a fundamental flaw,”

there was no evidence to support calling those ballots a pathway to large-scale voter fraud.

cases of voter fraud are extremely rare, although they do occur, and that fraud in mail voting seems to occur more often than with in-person voting.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/mis..._campaign=4448

The Greatest Democracy In The History of the Universe doesn't know how to vote! failed state, then USA has low voter turnout compared to industrial countries

Thread Information