Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

yup
    Fake news

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    1 in 5 Ballots Rejected as Fraud Is Charged in N.J. Mail-In Election

Following accusations of widespread fraud, voter intimidation, and ballot theft in the May 12 municipal elections in Paterson, N.J., state Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal (pictured) announced Thursday he is charging four men with voter fraud – including the vice president of the City Council and a candidate for that body.

With races still undecided, control of the council hangs in the balance. Paterson is New Jersey’s third largest city and the election will decide the fate of a municipal budget in excess of $300 million, in addition to hundreds of millions more in education spending and state aid.

By Mark Hemingway
    June 26, 2020
    1 in 5 Ballots Rejected as Fraud Is Charged in N.J. Mail-In Election
    Joe Lamberti/Camden Courier-Post via AP

Following accusations of widespread fraud, voter intimidation, and ballot theft in the May 12 municipal elections in Paterson, N.J., state Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal (pictured) announced Thursday he is charging four men with voter fraud – including the vice president of the City Council and a candidate for that body.

With races still undecided, control of the council hangs in the balance. Paterson is New Jersey’s third largest city and the election will decide the fate of a municipal budget in excess of $300 million, in addition to hundreds of millions more in education spending and state aid.
    Recommended

X
    More from Real Clear
    Sharpton: I Don't Think We've Had "Closure" On NASCAR Noose Incident

FBI Director Wray: Voter Fraud "On Our Radar," It's A Real Thing That Happens
    Sharpton: I Don't Think We've Had "Closure" On NASCAR Noose Incident
    Gen. Flynn Calls Rush Limbaugh: Dismissal A Boost Of Confidence In Our Justice System

In the City Council election, 16,747 vote-by-mail ballots were received, but only 13,557 votes were counted. More than 3,190 votes, 19% of the total ballots cast, were disqualified by the board of elections. Due to the pandemic, Paterson’s election was done through vote-by-mail. Community organizations, such as the city’s NAACP chapter, are calling for the entire election to be invalidated.

Mail-in ballots have long been acknowledged by voting experts to be more susceptible to fraud and irregularities than in-person voting. This has raised concerns from President Trump and other Republicans about the integrity of national elections in November, which are expected to include a dramatic increase in mail-in ballots. If Paterson is any guide, it ought to concern Democrats as well.

Over 800 ballots in Paterson were invalidated for appearing in mailboxes improperly bundled together – including a one mailbox where hundreds of ballots were in a single packet. The bundles were turned over to law enforcement to investigate potential criminal activity related to the collection of the ballots.

The board of elections disqualified another 2,300 ballots after concluding that the signatures on them did not match the signatures on voter records.

Reporting by NBC further uncovered citizens of Paterson who are listed as having voted, but who told the news outlet they never received a ballot and did not vote. One woman, Ramona Javier, after being shown the list of people on her block who allegedly voted, told the outlet she knew of eight family members and neighbors who were wrongly listed. “We did not receive vote-by-mail ballots and thus we did not vote,” she said. “This is corruption. This is fraud.”

There were multiple reports that large numbers of mail-in ballots were left on the lobby floors of apartment buildings and not delivered to residents’ individual mailboxes, further casting doubt on the integrity of the election.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...on_143551.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 charged criminally, system works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 charged criminally, system works
    1/5 of cast votes invalidated... thats still an obvious cause for concern.

that it was a municipal election for one county already distinguishes from national elections because they might have different levels of funding/verification, etc... but election officials should definitely use this as a case study to learn from

for instance, i dont know from the article of these ballots had individual bar codes on envelopes, or if they had any other iden y protectors besides signatures (such as having voters write the last 4 digits of social, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1/5 of cast votes invalidated... thats still an obvious cause for concern.

that it was a municipal election for one county already distinguishes from national elections because they might have different levels of funding/verification, etc... but election officials should definitely use this as a case study to learn from

for instance, i dont know from the article of these ballots had individual bar codes on envelopes, or if they had any other iden y protectors besides signatures (such as having voters write the last 4 digits of social, etc)
    Agree. But also goes to what we were discussing not long ago: anything MASSIVE sticks out like a sore thumb, as in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N.C. red team still wins the most recent prize.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, what does that even accomplish?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, what does that even accomplish?
    what if people wanted republican primary ballots, but their application was pre-marked for democrat and said "no input needed"

it's wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if people wanted republican primary ballots, but their application was pre-marked for democrat and said "no input needed"

it's wrong
    I know it's wrong and should be prosecuted but it doesn't seem to accomplish much given the risk. This woman is stupid on top of being criminal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's wrong and should be prosecuted but it doesn't seem to accomplish much given the risk. This woman is stupid on top of being criminal.
    thats true... it has zero value in giving democratic candidates an advantage over republican ones in general elections, so its unclear what the motives actually were. disenfranchising republican voters from participating in the republican primary is obviously a bad thing, but i dont see how that inherently benefits democrats unless it impacted their ability to vote in general elections, which it doesnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she kept doing it after the Democratic party and election officials told her to stop.

personal primary party participation prevention found!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she kept doing it after the Democratic party and election officials told her to stop.

personal primary party participation prevention found!
    all part of a plot to get illegal immigrants to vote in general elections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately, Trump doesn't have to worry about New York, outside of his legal cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how easy this is and how many times it goes uncaught.

This is what Chumpettes want.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope for Chumpettes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how easy this is and how many times it goes uncaught.
    How many times it goes uncaught... and why did Trump's own commission investigating this couldn't come up with anything substantive?

Is it because Trump is for voter fraud, or he keeps hiring incompetent people, or there's nothing there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mail in voting isn't a novelty. Five US States rely on it exclusively, in the rest absentees vote by mail. It's safe and reliable, but issues like ballots that arrive after election day (not counted in most states) and ballots without postmarks (a PO error) routinely cause large numbers of spoiled ballots, as in the case Chris just cited.

Mail in voting is just voting, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many times it goes uncaught... and why did Trump's own commission investigating this couldn't come up with anything substantive?

Is it because Trump is for voter fraud, or he keeps hiring incompetent people, or there's nothing there?
    How the Case for Voter Fraud Was Tested — and Utterly Failed
    From a new Supreme Court ruling to a census question about citizenship, the campaign against illegal registration is thriving. But when the top proponent was challenged in a Kansas courtroom to prove that such fraud is rampant, the claims went up in smoke.

https://www.propublica.org/article/k...d-kansas-trial

Thread Information