Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "The supposedly conservative candidate tells us about 'waste' in government, and ticks off $10 million in frivolous pork-barrel projects that outrage him…in order to elicit laughter and applause from partisan audiences. All right, so that's 0.00045 percent of the federal budget dealt with; what does he propose to do with the other 99.99955 percent in order to return our country to live within its means? Not a word. Those same three or four silly programs will be brought up all campaign long and that's all we'll hear about where the candidate stands on spending."

- The Revolution: A Manifesto

Man, Ron would have ethered Willard in the debate, tbh....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The supposedly conservative candidate tells us about 'waste' in government, and ticks off $10 million in frivolous pork-barrel projects that outrage him…in order to elicit laughter and applause from partisan audiences. All right, so that's 0.00045 percent of the federal budget dealt with; what does he propose to do with the other 99.99955 percent in order to return our country to live within its means? Not a word. Those same three or four silly programs will be brought up all campaign long and that's all we'll hear about where the candidate stands on spending."

List Randian Paul's fantasy list of specific cuts in govt "waste", which for him inludes EPA, OSHA, FDA, etc?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    List Randian Paul's fantasy list of specific cuts in govt "waste", which for him inludes EPA, OSHA, FDA, etc?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/r/2010...mericaPlan.pdf

Read it and weep, son....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All bull . you guys weep, not me, because RP's cutting is pure hallucination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I whole-heartedly wish that you would get the chance to enact every single one of those reforms. Gut government to your hearts content, with all the free market pixie dust and unicorn dancing to make your favored utopia (non) government realized.

Then when reality crushes that with the unintended consequences that you seem blind to, we can once and for all throw libertarianism in the same dustbin as communism, and get on with it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Because huge deficits, fiat money, bloated government programs, and the nanny/police state has worked out SO well for us...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He had so many chances in the primary debates & he was Romney's , he just attacked the others like Santorum, Bachman & Gingrich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because huge deficits, fiat money, bloated government programs, and the nanny/police state has worked out SO well for us...
    Just because those that came before us voted in a free ride doesn't mean that there is not a responsible manner in which to govern.

My issue with Paul's plan is that while he cuts across the board, he doesn't really touch the two major issues. Nonwar defense spending and the boomer's personal gravy train.

Instead he cuts stuff like education, the arts, food safety and oversight. That is all stuff that benefits us. It just seems to me like throwing out the baby and keeping most of the bathwater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respectfully Boutons, Do you have any idea whatsoever how corrupt and evil the FDA actually is and how many deaths they are responsible for year in and year out with their lies, corruption and brainwashing? I'm not for the cutting of certain programs, especially for the poor. But the FDA can go to . They are a corrupt piece of mob that needs to end just like the corrupt Fed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Paul would never get his anywhere near his whole plan through the congress and senate, but his commitment to austerity is hugely contrasted with the current candidates.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Do you have any idea whatsoever how corrupt and evil the FDA actually is"

a much better idea than you. But you and others always blame the govt, and NEVER the sacred, adored corporations (cut their taxes!! the corporations can't compete, poor things!) that own, operate, and corrput FDA, EPA, USDA, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Do you have any idea whatsoever how corrupt and evil the FDA actually is"

a much better idea than you. But you and others always blame the govt, and NEVER the sacred, adored corporations (cut their taxes!! the corporations can't compete, poor things!) that own, operate, and corrput FDA, EPA, USDA, etc.
    Dude where do you get that I don't blame corporations? I doubt you understand how corrupt the FDA is. The difference is that I don't pretend that Democrats aren't also corrupt pieces of . I'm very liberal, extremely liberal, but that doesn't mean I'm ok of being stripped of my privacy or civil liberties or that I have to blindly worship the Dems, and yes I do blame the government for a lot of things, I also blame the majority of stupid voters. I don't argue red team/blue team, it's nonsense and is what hurts America, because they are BOTH a scam. If I see Obama as a war criminal I'm going to say that, because it's the truth. I won't make excuses for him about corporations, Bush, etc. I'm an equal opportunity "blamer". Right, left, liberal, conservative, corporation, non profit, idgaf. Wrong is wrong, and the FDA is full of some s of the earth lying murdering sob's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RP blind, ideological commitment to austerity and destruction of key govt agencies, now in the Banksters' Great Depression or anytime, shows what an ideological he is, apparently totally unaware how how economic pain that govt austerity wreaks in a depression, and how the corps would up people and the environment without regulation. corporations and esp the finance sector simply cannot be trusted to self-regulate. If he doesn't like the regulations, he and his libertarian dreamers go themselves, and go swimming in the Houston ship channel and Love Canal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Dude where do you get that I don't blame corporations?"

Turd, I get that you don't blame corporations because you only mention here their police/marketing arm, the FDA, rather than the corrupting BigPharma.

"
    I doubt you understand how corrupt the FDA is"

I know you have no clue how totally I KNOW the FDA is corrupt.

"
    I don't argue red team/blue team, it's nonsense and is what hurts America, because they are BOTH a scam."

false equivalence. There's simply no Dem equivalence to all the sociopathic nutcases on the Repug/"Christian"/tea bagger side.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-07-2012 at 11:27 AM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    All bull . you guys weep, not me, because RP's cutting is pure hallucination.
    That all depends on how well he can stir up the people, getting them to put pressure on congress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Dude where do you get that I don't blame corporations?"

Turd, I get that you don't blame corporations because you only mention here their police/marketing arm, the FDA, rather than the corrupting BigPharma.

"
    I doubt you understand how corrupt the FDA is"

I know you have no clue how totally I KNOW the FDA is corrupt.

"
    I don't argue red team/blue team, it's nonsense and is what hurts America, because they are BOTH a scam."

false equivalence. There's simply no Dem equivalence to all the sociopathic nutcases on the Repug/"Christian"/tea bagger side.

It's the government who is allowing the corporations to up, realize that. If you know how corrupt the FDA is, then accept that you need to blame blue team as well. They are a huge part of it. Of course you keep giving blue team a pass because you think the right is so much worse. I believe the bas s are in evil myself, but come on man...It's not like Obama is not also murdering people overseas just like the right wants. But he gets a pass I know, because Bush started it.

I think what you really mean is you know FDA and other things are corrupt, you know blue team is part of the evil corruption, but you prefer Obama so he gets a pass because of that. That's frickin ridiculous. You don't agree with NDAA, you know it's bull , but your boy signed it (no gun to his head) and is fighting for it tooth and nail in court, but again, he gets a pass and excuses just keep getting made for him. He's a war criminal and murderer just like Bush, period. Blue team. They back-stabbed their cons uency to the worst degree. I won't pretend otherwise. who's worse, they are both evil bas s. Ron Paul would whoop Obamas ass worse than anyone in Political history if he were able to debate him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Person holding that sign (noun):

U.S. voter who cares more about Afghanistan and Pakistan than the US.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^count me in on that list. i don't support terrorism of any kind tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He had so many chances in the primary debates & he was Romney's , he just attacked the others like Santorum, Bachman & Gingrich.
    Exactly lol. I keep laughing at these idiots that keep propping up Paul like he's different from the rest. Anytime that old got a chance to talk in the debates he RARELY went after Romney on . er was bought and paid for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9/11 Casualties

George W. Bush: 3000
    Obama: 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9/11 Casualties

George W. Bush: 3000
    Obama: 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respectfully Boutons, Do you have any idea whatsoever how corrupt and evil the FDA actually is and how many deaths they are responsible for year in and year out with their lies, corruption and brainwashing? I'm not for the cutting of certain programs, especially for the poor. But the FDA can go to . They are a corrupt piece of mob that needs to end just like the corrupt Fed.
    I won't deny that the FDA is coopted by big pharma but at the end of the day take off the tin foil hat. You probably bought that about vaccines didn't you?

Thread Information