Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For OKC is a bad trade for this season.
    Like a lot of people said, Martin is obviously not at the level of Harden.
    However, I really like the way Presti moves...
    With this trade and considering OKC has quite always been able to recognize draft talent (a la Spurs school) he has basically given to his team the chance to improve again with young blood and at the same time he has opened playing space for these players.
    I don't know if somebody remember that for quite the entire season, Perry and Lamb were considered both in the top ten poicks in the most deep draft in years.
    Well, this year they'll both have the chance to play and became effective players for years to come...the potential is there.
    Plus, Presti has probably obtained another lottery pick for next year ('cause probably Toronto is not gonna make the play offs).
    Plus, the Dallas draft choice and another 2 round choice.
    Plus, he has given to Houston the privilege to pay the contracts of three players who weren't going to play any sort of minute in the upcoming season.

So : maybe bad for this year, but the future looks really bright for this small market team, and bright for a lot of years to come...Presti has probably avoided the chance of a "small window" team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great move by Presti.
    Harden was garbage in the finals and was supergarbage in the Olympics.
    It's obvious that the Howard trade signals that Stern wants the West to be Lakers stuff this hear, no matter what.
    Howard, Nash -finally- and that other jerk will be in the Finals again.
    So OKC starts a minirebuilding for the next two years.
    OKC's turn will come next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder Out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of this trade could impact Spurs and if there were some kind of truth behind the Spurs being interested in Patterson, this move increase Spurs odds of making that trade. Rockets might have some doubts on picking his 13-14 option and reduce even more their next summer cap space. Rockets have too lost Lamb in this trade and will need a good backup SG behind Harden which Neal could be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of this trade could impact Spurs and if there were some kind of truth behind the Spurs being interested in Patterson, this move increase Spurs odds of making that trade. Rockets might have some doubts on picking his 13-14 option and reduce even more their next summer cap space. Rockets have too lost Lamb in this trade and will need a good backup SG behind Harden which Neal could be.

Hope your right!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Bruno was right, but to me Patterson looks like their starting PF, at least for now. None of their PFs is more ready to contribute and start than Patterson.

They have Delfino to backup both SG/SF positions, they could keep Livingston to backup both guard positions, they just got Daequan Cook in the OKC deal. It's not like they're totally out of options.

To me the trade increased the odds to see Jajuan Johnson waived and want SA to take a look at him badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, lmbebo: How about this trade?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Rockets probably wont pick it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really thought, Harden would end up with us, but such is life. I really think, this trade will have the similar influence on the team, and fans what we experienced in Jax's departure after 03.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I wish Bruno was right, but to me Patterson looks like their starting PF, at least for now. None of their PFs is more ready to contribute and start than Patterson.

They have Delfino to backup both SG/SF positions, they could keep Livingston to backup both guard positions, they just got Daequan Cook in the OKC deal. It's not like they're totally out of options.

To me the trade increased the odds to see Jajuan Johnson waived and want SA to take a look at him badly.
    Patterson is garbage. Either Terrance Jones or Donatas Motiejuanas will eventually be the starter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really thought, Harden would end up with us, but such is life. I really think, this trade will have the similar influence on the team, and fans what we experienced in Jax's departure after 03.
    WTF, how did you think Harden would end up with the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets won't take Bonner with his contract. The trade that could make sense would be Neal and Blair for Patterson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, didn't see that coming... generally mixed feelings, the only good part is that players got a huge slap in the face in the "i'll wait till i'm a rfa and then get the best deal possible" routine..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of overrating of harden going on in here
    people acting like had a hakeem series vs us
    his best game was game 2 where the spurs beatdown the thunder and everyone was creaming themselves and making prediction of the spurs going undefeated

outside of hitting one big shot in game 5 he didnt have much of an effect on the series
    18.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.7 assists in 32 minutes per game counts as "an effect" in my book. 111 points on 73 shots is pretty insane, especially when he only had 11 turnovers for the entire series. Most damning for the Spurs in the series, Harden was able to out-Ginobili Ginobili. In the 139 minutes those two players were on the court at the same time, the Thunder outscored the Spurs by 27 points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, just seeing this. Thunder got great value and avoided all the drama which was to follow if they didn't extend him.not ideal to lose those points off the bench, but they'll be fine with Manor, lamb, and jones coming online.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who aren't thinking of Harden as a max guy are focusing too much on his low usage. He's among the most efficient players in the league, and is more than just a open shooter.

To help some people think of it, think of the Shooting guards in the league under 30, and the players with room to improve. If Harden isn't first amongst your Group, you have issues. He's way better than Eric Gordon, and Gordon got the max. Maybe people coming in the next few drafts turn out better, but the best youngish SG in the league has value.

Looking over the plus minus numbers on Harden also points out how good he is, The offense with him on the court is mental. RAPM has him as +4.6 on offense, which is better than all but Dirk, Manu, CP3 and Nash. He's good(Though, -1.6 defensively)

If you compare his +3 with Kevin martins -1.1, They'd be ~2.7 points worse off per game(at 32 minutes a game). That's a lot of wins off the table, that improvement from other guys will have to make up., or OKC will be looking at a lower seed in the playoffs. Losing 7 more games could knock them down 3 or 4 spots in the standings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Patterson, but Rockets will be pairing down roster.

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/...85540254257153

JaJuan Johnson anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were supposedly interested in Brockman before they ended up with Blair in that draft. They're probably not still interested in him but you'd think the Spurs are in the market for a big of some sort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want another 6'7 BIG tbh. As i said before, I think SA should gamble on Jajuan, who is still young, has legit size and has good shot-blocking skills. But we still have to wait until we know who are the players waived by the Rockets. With the trade, they have 5 players to be waived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great deal for the Rockets. Martin didn't have much future with them and excluding the fillers it boils down to Lamb + picks for Harden, signed long-term. Absolute no-brainer. As for his 4 and 60, he's worth that.

Thunder probably got out of a difficult situation and got a reasonable deal but they're definitely weaker now. They'll really miss Harden's playmaking with the second unit and at the end of games when Westbrook starts chucking. They're much more one-dimensional and easier to predict and defend now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But...but...they're a family...they hang out together. How could this be ????

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn they have lots of bigs -- You have to think they keep Asik, Motiejunas, Morris, Patterson, and their rookie PF. They also just netted Cole Aldrich and Daequan Cook. There just isn't room for Jajuan. [That said if Cook is waived, I can Pop salivating at the thought of getting another stretch 4.]

Edit: Wrong guy, i had in mind another ex-Heat player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This situation reminds me of the Tyson Chandler one.

He was not worth a max contract but the mavs couldn't defend their le properly without him
    Even if the guy would be overpaid, you have to give yourself a chance to continu with the same core when you went to the finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE THUNDER ARE STUPID AS . THEY GONE REGRET THAT MOVE. MARTIN IS OK AN ALL, BUT HES NO HARDEN!

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This seems to be a decent scenario for both teams. The Thunder will give this year away championship-wise to continue building for the future, while simultaneously allowing the Heat and the Lakers become weaker of the next few seasons. Two seasons from now they will be in position for multiple rings. The Rockets weren't luring anyone to Houston, so they did what they had to do with their assets to get a legit player. As others have said he will never be a number one, but there are not a lot of other options out there. Time will tell whether or not they will use this as a beginning to build for the future or they will continue to be...well...the Rockets.

Thread Information