Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What difference does it make if one of the actors is black? It's a ing sci-fi movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe when you post something interesting, insightful or humorous.
    "That bodega dude character is gonna get shot by a Jedi, causing riots & looting in coruscant and the rise of another chancellor to emperor..."
    nope.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    What difference does it make if one of the actors is black? It's a ing sci-fi movie.
    How would you like Muslims playing the lead roles in your favorite black sitcoms?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How would you like Muslims playing the lead roles in your favorite black sitcoms?
    Are they good actors? If they are, I wouldn't give a .

"black" sitcoms

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Though the teaser was pretty good. Getting the Millennium Falcon back was very smart of JJ. His Mission Impossible movies were criminally underrated largely in part to people getting sick of Tom Cruise.
    i actually think Cruise got better with the series tbh... the last 2 were my favorites

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i wasn't aware the Jedi was a white race

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lawrence Kasdan is co-writing these screen plays. He wrote ESB (the best of them all) which is the true character development story at the core of the entire SW saga, so I've got something to be hopeful about.

The prequels lacked emotional connection to any characters due to horrible scripts and zero chemistry between the actors, too much focus on effects...blah blah blah beating a dead horse.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    I'll be rooting for the dark side tbh...

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    soccer ball robot? really?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't understand why people keep bringing up this politically correct bull . Maybe they just want a character who isn't a pasty white guy for once.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    my boy boyego in the lead!!

may the force be with my wallet when this drops

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Not saying the movie is gonna suck, but this teaser sucks tbh
    Here you go lefty. I'm sure this is what you prefer. Lots of plot points, action shots, etc.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Lawrence Kasdan is co-writing these screen plays. He wrote ESB (the best of them all) which is the true character development story at the core of the entire SW saga, so I've got something to be hopeful about.

The prequels lacked emotional connection to any characters due to horrible scripts and zero chemistry between the actors, too much focus on effects...blah blah blah beating a dead horse.
    He finished ESB after Leigh Brackett died.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He finished ESB after Leigh Brackett died.
    rumor has it they completely disregarded her script and just kept her name on it out of respect. Kasdan also said Lucas still deserves a lot of credit for the story. The DP on ESB, Peter Suschkitzky (Cronenberg's longtime DP) was another unsung hero, hired by Lucas first iirc. The look of ESB still holds up so well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    rumor has it they completely disregarded her script and just kept her name on it out of respect. Kasdan also said Lucas still deserves a lot of credit for the story. The DP on ESB, Peter Suschkitzky (Cronenberg's longtime DP) was another unsung hero, hired by Lucas first iirc. The look of ESB still holds up so well.
    Yeah it does look good. Still think nothing looks as good as 2001 outside of the ape suits (which are awesome imo).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah it does look good. Still think nothing looks as good as 2001 outside of the ape suits (which are awesome imo).
    cosigned. 2001 is probably my all time favorite, with Blade Runner a close second. first time I saw 2001, i was 13 and it was a ty pan and scan VHS, so about the worst possible way to experience it. I fell asleep half way through, but didn't want to give up on it, something about the film stuck with me. Since then I've seen it at the Paramount, Drafthouse etc....I never get tired of it now, it's still one of the ballsiest films ever made and rated G.

Lucas said he doesn't think effects will ever be as photorealistic as 2001 and I agree. Kubrick at his peak.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    cosigned. 2001 is probably my all time favorite, with Blade Runner a close second. first time I saw 2001, i was 13 and it was a ty pan and scan VHS, so about the worst possible way to experience it. I fell asleep half way through, but didn't want to give up on it, something about the film stuck with me. Since then I've seen it at the Paramount, Drafthouse etc....I never get tired of it now, it's still one of the ballsiest films ever made and rated G.

Lucas said he doesn't think effects will ever be as photorealistic as 2001 and I agree. Kubrick at his peak.
    Great collaboration between Kubrick and Clarke. Holding the books release to coincide with the film, and how the book fleshed out some of the concepts shown in the film made me enjoy the movie even more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    I don't understand why people keep bringing up this politically correct bull . Maybe they just want a character who isn't a pasty white guy for once.
    "They". It's a film written, directed, acted and watched by Whites. OUR film, our rules. Blacks can go make their own story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Great collaboration between Kubrick and Clarke. Holding the books release to coincide with the film, and how the book fleshed out some of the concepts shown in the film made me enjoy the movie even more.
    heard the same from a friend, but i just dig the mystery of the movie, so I never read the actual novel. I did buy 2061 as a kid but never read it. Did read Rendezvous with Rama, mainly because I heard Fincher wanted to make it years ago. I should read the series though, and should watch 2010 again since I remember liking it but it's clearly not in the same ballpark as 2001.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    heard the same from a friend, but i just dig the mystery of the movie, so I never read the actual novel. I did buy 2061 as a kid but never read it. Did read Rendezvous with Rama, mainly because I heard Fincher wanted to make it years ago. I should read the series though, and should watch 2010 again since I remember liking it but it's clearly not in the same ballpark as 2001.
    Only thing I remember from 2010 is it tried way too hard with the Russia vs US bit. That wasn't even mentioned in the first film iirc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    "They". It's a film written, directed, acted and watched by Whites. OUR film, our rules. Blacks can go make their own story.
    Lol, not sheriff serious.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Oh . Did not know that was Andy Serkis doing the voiceover during the trailer imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Only thing I remember from 2010 is it tried way too hard with the Russia vs US bit. That wasn't even mentioned in the first film iirc.
    the Cold War was a huge part of Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, but in 2001 it's sort of referenced. The scene where NASA guy has a drink with the Ruskies, and he won't go into details about what they found on the moon. So subtle reference imo, but it's more about something greater pushing us into evolution, then overcoming our own creations to take the next step, at least that's how I interpret it. I do remember 2010 having some really obvious, Rocky IV type in regards to Russia, like wasn't there a shot where the Russian and Americans have to grab hands in space or something?

Thread Information