Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dogfighting module is ing amazing. They're patching/improving it all the time. This game is already worthy. So so good. You need a beefy system though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss them Dev Team

Damn I can see the studio from my appartment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dogfighting module is ing amazing. They're patching/improving it all the time. This game is already worthy. So so good. You need a beefy system though.
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...Star%20Citizen

According to that site, it's recommending a 2700k/780/12 GB RAM to run Ultra. I'm currently running a 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz, overclocked 680, 16GB RAM.

I don't like running any less than 60 FPS, so if I have to I'll just downgrade the anti-aliasing. What options does the game give you for AA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...Star%20Citizen

According to that site, it's recommending a 2700k/780/12 GB RAM to run Ultra. I'm currently running a 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz, overclocked 680, 16GB RAM.

I don't like running any less than 60 FPS, so if I have to I'll just downgrade the anti-aliasing. What options does the game give you for AA?
    Yup, when they designed it they wanted it to exceed the top end rig of the day just like Crysis did when it was first released.

As of now, there are three options for graphics: Low, medium, and high. This is still a pre-alpha, though. Even low looks phenomenal (as in, some of the best graphics I've ever seen). I can run medium reasonably well but it hangs really bad at certain points. Low runs OK on my machine. Going to build a new one next year around the Oculus Rift for the full release of SC. Whatever high end video card AMD/Nvidia releases that gives the best SC performance for the $ is going in that system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, when they designed it they wanted it to exceed the top end rig of the day just like Crysis did when it was first released.

As of now, there are three options for graphics: Low, medium, and high. This is still a pre-alpha, though. Even low looks phenomenal (as in, some of the best graphics I've ever seen). I can run medium reasonably well but it hangs really bad at certain points. Low runs OK on my machine. Going to build a new one next year around the Oculus Rift for the full release of SC. Whatever high end video card AMD/Nvidia releases that gives the best SC performance for the $ is going in that system.
    So they only have presets? No customization of the graphics options individually? And yeah, I'm probably gonna upgrade my GPU with the 800 series Nvidia, depending on the performance gains. Processors have much longer lifespans so I shouldn't bottleneck there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they only have presets? No customization of the graphics options individually? And yeah, I'm probably gonna upgrade my GPU with the 800 series Nvidia, depending on the performance gains. Processors have much longer lifespans so I shouldn't bottleneck there.
    They will certainly add more detailed graphics settings at some point in the future. As I said, it's pre-alpha right now so it's a very barebones experience. To run it on high right now they recommend a 780.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I wonder.

Would a LGA 2011 be a better choice since it supports four memory buses?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went from a dual channel 1333 Mhz 16GB RAM kit, to a quad channel 2133 Mhz 16GB kit, and honestly cannot detect any noticeable performance gains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went from a dual channel 1333 Mhz 16GB RAM kit, to a quad channel 2133 Mhz 16GB kit, and honestly cannot detect any noticeable performance gains.
    That will be one of the last things that bottlenecks your system, unfortunately.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    What about the LGA 2011 socket CPU's? The extra parallel memory?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the LGA 2011 socket CPU's? The extra parallel memory?
    Not really. GPU is seriously 80% of the demand for modern games. Everything else is just a few frames here or there unless you have a serious bottleneck somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 4790k is looking really nice.. saw they were able to hit 5.4 Ghz on air cooling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $69,000,000+ in funding now, about to cross the 70mil milestone.

This game is incredible so far.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are very good since I stole them from Ubisoft
    Not sure if SRS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $69,000,000+ in funding now, about to cross the 70mil milestone.

This game is incredible so far.

Is this a MP game mostly, or is there going to be a lot of SP campaign action too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you even notice any benchmark gains? I know with Haswell high end RAM performs at exactly the same level as the tiest DDR3 out there when it comes to gaming, as long as you have the same amount of RAM. I bet it's probably the same all the way back to Sandy Bridge at least. God damnit though, with 12GB as the recommended spec I'm going to have to go to a 16GB kit too for this game since I went cheap on the board (H81, which only has 2 DIMMS). Oh well, guess I can put the 8GB kit in my HTPC with the ans tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean
    AC Unity was such a piece of they had to give s a free game for buying that crap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a MP game mostly, or is there going to be a lot of SP campaign action too?
    Both. MP is going to be the persistent universe, while Squadron 42 will be a full featured campaign for single player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got a raise today at work. Thinking about upgrading from dual 6950s to celebrate. Would it be worth it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got a raise today at work. Thinking about upgrading from dual 6950s to celebrate. Would it be worth it?
    What resolution you playing at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man, wait for R9 390x and GM 200 since the GTX 980 is so overpriced right now. If you want something right now, the GTX 970 is pretty ing impressive at $340. I got a model that's not even supposed to be a great overclocker (EVGA 970SC) and it pretty easily overclocks to 1500MHz.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-08-2015 at 07:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC Unity was such a piece of they had to give s a free game for buying that crap
    They still have excellent developers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man, wait for R9 390x and GM 200 since the GTX 980 is so overpriced right now. If you want something right now, the GTX 970 is pretty ing impressive at $340. I got a model that's not even supposed to be a great overclocker (EVGA 970SC) and it pretty easily overclocks to 1500MHz.
    Yeah, I think the 390x will be the ticket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think the 390x will be the ticket.
    Hopefully it won't be an $800+ card like I bet Big Maxwell will be.

Thread Information