Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully it won't be an $800+ card like I bet Big Maxwell will be.
    Whatever it is, they better have a ~$500 card that smokes the 980. That's the one I'll be after. Don't really care about power consumption, I have an 850w PSU.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever it is, they better have a ~$500 card that smokes the 980. That's the one I'll be after. Don't really care about power consumption, I have an 850w PSU.
    LOL the power consumption argument when really good PSUs are constantly on sale for crazy prices. I keep seeing the Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold for $50-$60 and the EVGA Suprnova G2 750W 80+ Gold for similar prices, and these are two of the best units on the market (both Super Flower OEM).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL the power consumption argument when really good PSUs are constantly on sale for crazy prices. I keep seeing the Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold for $50-$60 and the EVGA Suprnova G2 750W 80+ Gold for similar prices, and these are two of the best units on the market (both Super Flower OEM).
    I mean, I can see why Nvidia did it. Low power consumption is great and could lead to smaller rigs, but that's down the road from now. I just want gigaflops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I can see why Nvidia did it. Low power consumption is great and could lead to smaller rigs, but that's down the road from now. I just want gigaflops.
    AMD better do it too if they want to survive. They need to get their GPUs and CPUs back into laptops or they're done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fps portion indefinitely delayed
    producer quits for another studio
    crowd funding
    Cry Havoc ed out of hundreds of pledged dollars
    AMD

baseline bum, get in here and get you some

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crowd funding
    AMD

Damn man, sad news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, sad news.
    Crowd funding is pretty stupid tbh.. Pay them millions to get lazy up front, let them rob you without a care in the world when the dream is never realized, then pay them more millions when half assed game finally releases, if ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yu Suzuki gonna take those millions and shoot these fan boys the finger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crowd funding
    AMD

I had no delusions that this game would be out this year. I'd rather it take longer and be done right than putting out a crappier product early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had no delusions that this game would be out this year. I'd rather it take longer and be done right than putting out a crappier product early.
    True. Everyone complained about the GTA V port taking forever, but then it turned out to be the best port in recent history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Everyone complained about the GTA V port taking forever, but then it turned out to be the best port in recent history.
    Reading through the forums, it looks like the guy who left did so due to a serious illness in his family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I met Chris Roberts when I was working for one of the main developing studios for Star Citizen.

From January to late April (contract).

They delivered the dog fighting module and and take care of the planet side.

I hired a bunch of talented artists and developers for them.

Also the Producer is pretty cool. He let me walk in the SC floor whenever I wanted, and he even got me a Cloud Imperium hoodie
    And now you hire shoe bombers and people who go spray beaches up with machine guns. smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, when they designed it they wanted it to exceed the top end rig of the day just like Crysis did when it was first released.
    By the time this releases the i7-2700k and GTX 780 will be ing midrange.

My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count
    Crowd funding is pretty stupid tbh.. Pay them millions to get lazy up front, let them rob you without a care in the world when the dream is never realized, then pay them more millions when half assed game finally releases, if ever.
    Well someone has never had to deal with financiers on a development project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably looking at mid to late next year, so yeah, absolutely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Roberts telling the Console gits to off and he's not making his game for them

consoles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . Chris Roberts the same guy that did wing commander is doing star citizen!?!?!?

damn this guy came back from the dead!

In 2011, Chris Roberts founded Cloud Imperium Games Corporation, together with his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth, to work on a new game. On October 10, 2012, Cloud Imperium Games launched a crowdfunding campaign from the Roberts Space Industries website with the stated goal of raising between two and four million dollars to produce a space sim game for the personal computer in a sandbox vein. It was being built on the Cryengine 3 game engine. The game promised to integrate a traditional "branching storyline" game to be called Squadron 42 with a persistent online universe game to be called Star Citizen. On October 18, 2012, at the request of fans, a Kickstarter campaign was launched to run in conjunction with the Roberts Space Industries website. By November 19, 2012 when the combined campaigns concluded, they had earned $6,238,563, approximately 4.1 million from the RSI campaign, and approximately 2.1 from the Kickstarter campaign. This surpassed all stretch goals set for the campaign, and broke video game industry crowdfunding records, both in funds received and in number of backers.[1] Chris Roberts had stated that if at least $23 million could be raised over the course of the crowdfunding campaign, no outside investors' or developers' funding would be required. This goal was reached October 18, 2013.[2] As of July 10th, 2015, they have raised just under $85 million.[3]

In 2013 Chris Roberts announced Star Citizen would be created in modules to be released when playable. The first, the Hangar Module, was released on August 29th 2013, [4] and allowed the player to interact with certain ships planned for the game. The Dog-Fighting Module was released on June 3rd, 2014[5] under the name Arena Commander and allowed playing and testing of the game's dog-fighting system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Roberts telling the Console gits to off and he's not making his game for them

consoles
    What a got
    I want my cinematic games
    why u no port to XBox 360 or Poorstation 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Rosewill stopped shipping the Capstone power supplies as rebranded Super Flower golds. Now Capstone gold is crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Star Citizen Video Game Launches $27,000 Players' Pack

Crowdfunded space simulation game Star Citizen has launched its $27,000 Legatus Pack, which includes nearly all its spacecraft plus extras. Only players who have already spent $1,000 in the game can access the pack. Cloud Imperium, the creators of Star Citizen, has received more than $200m in crowdfunding since launching a Kickstarter campaign for it in 2012. According to its website it has more than two million players, although the game itself is still in development. Star Citizen aims to create a vast science fiction universe that can be explored in dozens of spaceships, with first-person space combat, all online and multi-player.

this game...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL now the i7-2700k is closer to an i3 than an i5 and the GTX 780 is worse than the gpus in the pro versions of the consoles. LOL at the Duke Nukem Forever of the 2010s & 2020s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crowd funding
    AMD

2018 and this game is still years away?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

$27,000.00 Ship pack that unlocks all ships. Sign up Cry Havoc for two please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know whats game is worse? Day Z That has made no progress in 7 years, and they just scrapped the Arma engine for something new altogether

Thread Information