Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 games in a row with rebounding issues down the stretch, RC/Pop better be on the phone with Baynes' agent, we need a rebounder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's strange because a couple of days ago it was said in an interview that Baynes is getting salaries regularly (yeah, that's not really usual in Union Olimpija, if you were wondering...), to prevent him from leaving without buyout... I guess one side is not talking the truth..
    Yep, that's what Union Olimpija GM confirmed after yesterday's game:
    http://kosarka.si/olimpija-pojasnjuj...acan-je-redno/

Baynes can't break his contract right now. If a team wants him, they will need to contact Union Olimpija and negotiate a buyout. What's also interesting is that the GM is saying that Baynes is drawing some interest form NBA teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets be honest, the likelihood of getting Baynes is minimal but it'd be great if it happened because as smaka and ace says he's a good rebounder where Blair certainly is falling off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that I know there is a buyout, I'm lowering my expectations of the Spurs landing him, especially with other Euro teams with money to spend...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read a rumor that after tomorrow's game, Baynes will sign with Maccabi Tel Aviv in exchange for money from Maccabi... We will see if that's true, I think it is...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will see where he goes but, yeah, it's way more likely for him to join another European team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far he is still with Olimpija. Sources said Macabbi offered 100k for him, but Olimpija didn't accept the offer. Honestly, I think 100k is way too low for a player like he is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's still 100k Euros. You also have to consider that in Europe players usually have a home and a car provided for them by their team. So if you prorate the minmum of $473k, there's not that much of a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He means 100K as his buyout, not as his contract. Olimpija must think someone will pay them more. They may be right. The question I have is can NBA teams pay the same 500k buyout for free agents as they can for drafted players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question I have is can NBA teams pay the same 500k buyout for free agents as they can for drafted players.
    Yes, they can and it's even $550K this year.

Numbers that I've seen are that Maccabi is offering $100K for the buyout and a $200K salary for the rest of the season. Olimpija wants a $150K buyout.

If Spurs wants, him, they can easily outmatch these numbers. The $550K slot for international buyouts will be way enough to cover his buyout and they can pay him up to to $557K for the rest of the season by using the rest of their LLE.

At the end, I don't think the issue is about money, it's mainly about Spurs being or not interested in getting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket Maccabi Tel Aviv could not reach an agreement with Ljubljana for Aron Baynes but they will sign Darko Planinic by the end of the week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good.

Spurs get rid of someone and sign asap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erildas Budraitis ‏@Erildas Union Olimpija remains banned from signing new players by FIBA. Could Aron Baynes' buyout improve Union Olimpija financial situation?

--

Anyone know why Union can't sign new players? Over the salary cap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erildas Budraitis ‏@Erildas Union Olimpija remains banned from signing new players by FIBA. Could Aron Baynes' buyout improve Union Olimpija financial situation?

--

Anyone know why Union can't sign new players? Over the salary cap?
    Olimpija has a pretty bad history connected with paying salaries to their players. For the last few years, most of the salaries haven't been regular, usually they come a few months later than they should (but some players - especially Slovenian players - didn't get salaries even longer). That allowed many players to leave the club before their contract expired, and then they sued Olimpija in order to get the money that belonged to them (and wasn't payed to them during season). I think DGreen had similar problems too, but it wasn't discussed a lot... But yeah, because of those things Olimpija is banned by FIBA until they pay what they should to players who sued Olimpija.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well now would be the ideal time to sign (if interested in) Baynes, now that Kawhi and SJAX are back.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Buford is on the phone finalizing the details or else he has a better backup center in mind, anything else would suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, is there any reason why the spurs would NOT be interested in bringing him? It's not a rhethorical question, but rather asking anyone who has seen him play if Bynes has some atributes or weaknesses which point out to him not fitting in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Pick ‏@IAmDPick About to hit @SportandoBasket, the inside report on Maccabi Tel Aviv's decision b/w Darko Planinic & Aron Baynes.

Hopefully he will have more insight on what Baynes is going to do, he first reported Baynes not going to Maccabi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Anderson being released today, the roster spot is open...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I know Macabbi is going to sign with Planinić soon, because Olimpija declined their offer for Baynes.

And if anybody is interested, I just came home from Olimpija game in ABA League, Baynes scored 16 pts (7/16 shooting) and 13 rebs. He could easily have got 20+ pts, however a few times the ball literally jumped out of hoop, but still great performance from him. He is a strong rebounder, exactly what Spurs need...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the story from tweet I posted earlier:

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/...nd-baynes.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surely this is the move to make. Baynes a better option that a lot of whats available as a free agent, and certainly the best available for the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well hopefully the stars have aligned:

1. Baynes played in one more "evaluation" game today

2. Kawhi and SJAX are finally back

3. JA released leaving 1 spot open.

* Just wished we knew which, if any, NBA teams are interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well hopefully the stars have aligned:

1. Baynes played in one more "evaluation" game today

2. Kawhi and SJAX are finally back

3. JA released leaving 1 spot open.

* Just wished we knew which, if any, NBA teams are interested.

there has to be some, anyone I know associated with Euroball says he is going to the NBA, even Maccabi have said there contract will only come into play if he doesnt go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine the Spurs signing this guy. Pop took how long to give Splitter any burn at all? And he was a damn MVP. Baynes minus a training camp = DNP-CD/Inactive all year long.

Don't see that happening.

Thread Information