Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious- what is the tourney format in fiba oceania? There is only Australia and New Zealand playing. Does New Zealand even have a formidable team? Baynes may not be needed at all.
    There is no tourney format and hasn't been for the past few years. No other countries have really bothered to compete in the past few events, so it's devolved to a glorified series of exhibition games between Australia and NZ where both teams already are qualified to go to the world event (Olympics, WC).

It's been a complete farce that FIBA has let this go on as long as it has and I'm happy they finally got their heads out of their asses and merged Oceania into FIBA Asia for the next event.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been a complete farce that FIBA has let this go on as long as it has and I'm happy they finally got their heads out of their asses and merged Oceania into FIBA Asia for the next event.
    Really? So I guess this would be the last chance of Philippines getting into the FIBA World Cup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? So I guess this would be the last chance of Philippines getting into the FIBA World Cup.
    Maybe not - Adding Australia and New Zealand to the FIBA Asia tourney may also mean that the number of qualifying slots in the tourney increases from 3 to 4/5 (4 more likely).

Just making the semis should be enough to get to the World stage again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not - Adding Australia and New Zealand to the FIBA Asia tourney may also mean that the number of qualifying slots in the tourney increases from 3 to 4/5 (4 more likely).

Just making the semis should be enough to get to the World stage again.
    Hopefully that's the case. Australia and New Zealand have both NBA-caliber type of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interview with Baynes

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/aussie-hoops-star-aron-baynes-in-joshs-newsroom#.Uif0HT_yDmt

JJ) HOW HAS YOUR SHORT TIME WITH THE SPURS BEEN THUS FAR?

AB) The Spurs are a very European style team so it was good me coming over from Europe where I always played with a couple of Americans and a heap of Europeans which surprisingly is similar at the Spurs where it’s a very international feel and they are up there every year when it comes to playoffs.

Everyone is so professional and it seeps down through the ranks, the veterans lead the way.

From the first time I stepped into the Spurs facility I saw how they operated and although I’m still learning the culture it’s easy to see why they have so much success.

Not too many teams in the NBA can say they are a tight bunch but we are and in my six months with them both on and off the court everyone gets along.

The older guys make the effort to include and teach the younger guys.

JJ) WHAT IS YOUR SCHEDULE AND PREPARATION BEFORE THE UPCOMING NBA SEASON?

AB) I return to the United State next week and I’ve got to get my body healthy and in peak physical condition.

The Spurs have a lot of guys there who are able to work us out.

I will be doing whatever I can to make myself better and the Spurs will set a few things up and bring in some good big guys from around the league that I will play against before training camp.

I am looking forward to that and that is the best way to get better, competing against the best players and improving your own game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More sums for RC to consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd let him walk unless he just wanted his QO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike Mills he's most likely gonna be cheap to keep... Don't see why they wouldn't re-sign him unless they draft a big...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His QO is a nice pay day for a young guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they'll bring Boner back and, as well all know, Ayres is useless on the court. I wouldn't see why they don't bring him back for a small sum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs fo is stupid enough to let him walk. They'll find out Blair and Mahinmi got nothin on Baynes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd let him walk unless he just wanted his QO.
    In reading one of the analysis on him (I hadn't seen him play much) here on ST, it sounds like he has made big strides in learning the offense/defense. While he still has a ways to go, his main value would seem to be in being able to pit him against the few dominant big men left in the league. Having a beast for a back up that can go toe-to-toe with DHoward is a nice thing to have. I think it would be worth having him, there are far worst 13th men in the league. And I don't know who we'd target that would be superior for the price we can have him at. He doesn't need to put in big minutes, he needs to give just enough to fill his role. I think we can draft a big and still have room for Baynes. (Not that a drafted big would be on the team right away anyway...)

Also, another couple performances like he had in game 1 and he will have earned his salary this year in just those games... well worth it...

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% keeper at QO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes is a great option off the bench... I'd give him 3mil~ and let him be the backup 5.. dump bonner, beg someone to take ayers for a 2nd.

I don't see who we could replace him with for cheaper that can bang with the big boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes is a great option off the bench... I'd give him 3mil~ and let him be the backup 5.. dump bonner, beg someone to take ayers for a 2nd.

I don't see who we could replace him with for cheaper that can bang with the big boys
    He's not gonna be a scorer and he doesn't have to be one. What the Spurs do need is someone to defend, bang around in the post, grab boards, and do the occasional tip in/dunk. He can do all of that. I don't see why the Spurs don't bring him back for the price you said while killing off Ayres.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could care less what they pay him next year, but there's no way I'd want the team to use a large chunk of their 2015 cap space on Baynes. He's 27, so his ceiling is not high enough to make him a good project. So long as Duncan is on the team, Baynes won't be a regular part of the rotation except perhaps against teams like Portland and Memphis who try to play be as much as possible. I certainly don't mind him hanging around the team, but I'd rather the team have the option of what to do with him after next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes is a great option off the bench... I'd give him 3mil~ and let him be the backup 5.. dump bonner, beg someone to take ayers for a 2nd.I don't see who we could replace him with for cheaper that can bang with the big boys
    ayres not goin nowhere tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres sucks so bad he is slower then Bonner as far as Baynes I agree he is our thug - who can set some screens that give our shooters tons of time to shoot the ball. That boy puts a hurt on players when he sets those screens.

So cap space in 2015 what do people think is going to happen - Do you think Kobe, Carmelo, are going to join our team. We have always built our team through the draft and we are not gong to get a star player to come to our city. Those players listen to Charles you know...............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a bargain at the QO, and I wouldn't at all be opposed to him getting a similar deal to what we handed to Ayres

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le updated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to bring back the Triple Bs -- Baynes/Boban/Bertans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to bring back the Triple Bs -- Baynes/Boban/Bertans

Looks at the photo.

Looks at photo of Harden.

Nah, we need is to get everyone on the team to grow big beards...

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    027 079 22b9fa5

Thread Information