Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    I had Frankie beating Aldo 48-47, but was not shocked by 48-47 Aldo score either. The 49-46 scores were poor in my opinion. Third round was extremely close. This reminded me a lot of Edgar's first fight with BJ. Aldo landed the harder shots, much like BJ did in that first fight, but Frankie outworked him. Fight Metric had Frankie outlanding him in round 3,4, and 5. Aldo does seem to be fading late in fights with some regularity. I think he should move up to 155. Not many good fights at 145 left for him, save for the 155ers who come down.

Post Count
    I think Frankie should go down to 135. 135 is really where he should be as most guys in that division walk around at 155-160.. His lack of power will be less of a factor the lower he goes. Edgar fighting guys like Faber and Cruz are very good fights and with this loss to Aldo what does he have to lose by dropping another weight class?

UFC ‏@ufc It's a superfight... again!! RT ‏@MMAjunkie USA TODAY: Top lw contender Pettis dropping to 145, meets Aldo Aug. 3 http://on.ufc.com/14OKXvt

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wow, so Dana went for it. Seems like Pettis saw something he can expose in Aldos game standing up.

Interesting, yet again Pettis will go down for the first time in weight.

Dana White ‏@danawhite Aldo vs Pettis is ON!!!!!

--

sometime in August

Post Count
    Dana with the threats..

Thread Information