My Team
    Stanford Cardinal
    Post Count
    Kermit

ty ass UT football team getting their pushed in week in and week out

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Do you know the school colors? Do you know the mascot? Lol utsa.
    Take it out on the little, 'inferior' guys at UTSA brah...that should make the anger and frustration go away.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What do you do at games while alumni and students are singing the alma mater, bene?
    Same thing I do at my old high school when I go watch games there. I just stand there. So do I no longer have a connection because of that? If so that ing sucks, because they were finally getting good.
    I never said you make college football what it is either. I said you help make it as big as it is, mainly by providing ratings and revenue from t-shirt sales.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tshirt arguments
    but you don't sing the song

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kermit

ty ass UT football team getting their pushed in week in and week out
    Lol Texas is irrelevant
    Lol first chance she gets, posts in thread about Texas

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Same thing I do at my old high school when I go watch games there. I just stand there. So do I no longer have a connection because of that? If so that ing sucks, because they were finally getting good.
    You attended that high school, if you chose to you could sing along during the alma mater and it wouldnt be stupid. You didnt attend UT. Why do you continue making stupid comparisons ?

Wow, youre a dumbass if you took that as me saying t-shirters make college football as great as it is. You help make it bigger but youre far from being the core of it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You are dumb if you think that college football would exist even near it's current level without fans that didn't attend school there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I seriously can't believe you ing typed that. That's some Fabbs level logic.

King
    My Team
    Stanford Cardinal
    Post Count
    Lol Texas is irrelevant
    Lol first chance she gets, posts in thread about Texas
    salty as
    UT gonna get there inevitably pushed in
    Kermit, the fanboy gonna come in to defend the good ole mackbrownturd got led Longhorns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    College football wouldn't even be nationally televised without the non-alumni fan. Recruiting? Non-existent. All schools would basically be utsa level.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT represents Austin as much as or even more so than the Spurs representing San Antonio. So that argument doesn't really work.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    salty as
    UT gonna get there inevitably pushed in
    Kermit, the fanboy gonna come in to defend the good ole mackbrownturd got led Longhorns
    Link pls where Kermit defended ol' butter tooth.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You are dumb if you think that college football would exist even near it's current level without fans that didn't attend school there.
    Noone is arguing otherwise, dip . I said you guys help provide the ratings and revenue from t-shirt sales. You dont make it as great as it is though, there is a huge difference between the two. The core of it is obviously the universities and whole college football experience, which you play little to no role in.
    Last edited by FkLA; 12-02-2012 at 06:40 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UT represents Austin as much as or even more so than the Spurs representing San Antonio. So that argument doesn't really work.
    bene is the one that seems to think otherwise, cause I agree with that:

And people who live in Austin have a strong connection to UT actually....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I assumed you were arguing from the alumi angle. It doesn't matter...because you trying to call out fans that don't live in the city/didn't go to school there is ing dumb. No major sports team anywhere would exist without non local fans.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That is...unless you consider utsa level existing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The core of it is obviously the universities and whole college football experience, which you play little to no role in.
    I'm going to go ahead and call bull on this too. The core is national exposure. The rivalries, the bowl games, media, messages boards like this one...these are things that fuel college football and make it go. They make the universities themselves go. What do you think the enrollment would be without the level of media exposure they have...and they have that exposure because of the average joe that roots for a team, just like any pro sports team.

Take that away and you are just a few thousand fans cheering in a stadium not much bigger than most 5A high school stadiums.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I'm going to go ahead and call bull on this too. The core is national exposure. The rivalries, the bowl games, media, messages boards like this one...these are things that fuel college football and make it go. They make the universities themselves go. What do you think the enrollment would be without the level of media exposure they have...and they have that exposure because of the average joe that roots for a team, just like any pro sports team.

Take that away and you are just a few thousand fans cheering in a stadium not much bigger than most 5A high school stadiums.

Thats like saying the consumer makes a product great. National exposure isnt handed to universities either, most started small. Almumni/city/local businessman donations and student fees helped get all these programs up and running. Yall simply come in and provide the ratings plus huge boost in revenue with t-shirt sales, which Ive given you guys credit for tbh.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

National exposure isn't handed to universities? You get dumber by the second.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Let's get back on track here...this all started with you laughing at fans that you claim have no connection to that respective school because they don't live in that town/didn't go to school there. This is stupid because you are basically laughing at the reason college football is even allowed to be on TV. I guess some local station might televise it with a shaky cam, but nationally televised games wouldn't exist. Network deals, corporate sponsorships...gone. You wouldn't get to watch any bowls or conference championship games on national television, because the majority of the fan base wouldn't exist.

Furthermore, it's like saying that someone who lives in a city that doesn't have a team should just not bother being a fan. Most of the state didn't go to A&M or Texas, but those are the two most notable programs in the state and most people will chose to root for one or the other as a kid and grow up rooting for them...just like they do with the Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Texans, Cowboys, Rangers, Astros, etc. College football fandom is really not any different than any pro sport from a fan perspective. Fans are fans. You choose a team as a kid or decide you like a team because of this player or that player and you follow them. I pay my money to go to see the Longhorns just like I pay my money to go see the Spurs and Texans. It's all the same. I am concerned about the coaching, just like I would be if any of my other teams were dealing with coaching issues.

I feel stupid for having to explain all this to you but since you've gone all Aggie with your Tshirt arguments I guess it was necessary. Congrats for being dumb again per your usual.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

National exposure isn't handed to universities? You get dumber by the second.
    Wow.

Schools arent put on national tv randomly, dip . Boise St was FCS like 15 yrs ago, they decided to make the move up which was funded by locals/alumni and increased student fees. Now they have t-shirters like Clipper Nation all over the country. UTSA didnt have a program 2 yrs ago, next year theyll be in CUSA...again funded the same way. I can keep going with tons of examples. T-shirters like you get the product when its complete. You play little to no role in getting the program off the ground. Same with academics. Donations and fees help build a strong academic reputation. Then comes the national exposure.

Let's get back on track here...this all started with you laughing at fans that you claim have no connection to that respective school because they don't live in that town/didn't go to school there. This is stupid because you are basically laughing at the reason college football is even allowed to be on TV. I guess some local station might televise it with a shaky cam, but nationally televised games wouldn't exist. Network deals, corporate sponsorships...gone. You wouldn't get to watch any bowls or conference championship games on national television, because the majority of the fan base wouldn't exist.

Furthermore, it's like saying that someone who lives in a city that doesn't have a team should just not bother being a fan. Most of the state didn't go to A&M or Texas, but those are the two most notable programs in the state and most people will chose to root for one or the other as a kid and grow up rooting for them...just like they do with the Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Texans, Cowboys, Rangers, Astros, etc. College football fandom is really not any different than any pro sport from a fan perspective. Fans are fans. You choose a team as a kid or decide you like a team because of this player or that player and you follow them. I pay my money to go to see the Longhorns just like I pay my money to go see the Spurs and Texans. It's all the same. I am concerned about the coaching, just like I would be if any of my other teams were dealing with coaching issues.

I feel stupid for having to explain all this to you but since you've gone all Aggie with your Tshirt arguments I guess it was necessary. Congrats for being dumb again per your usual.
    I never said you arent allowed to root for a college team, quote me if I said that. I also never denied that you guys make college football bigger with ratings and revenue from t-shirt sales. All I did was say how stupid of a concept being a t-shirt fan is, which alot of people would agree with imo.
    Last edited by FkLA; 12-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Kind of hard to have a discussion when your comprehension skills are tbh. Especially when you argue stuff that I never said/claimed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow.

Schools arent put on national tv randomly, dip . Boise St was FCS like 15 yrs ago, they decided to make the move up which was funded by locals/alumni and increased student fees. Now they have t-shirters like Clipper Nation all over the country. UTSA didnt have a program 2 yrs ago, next year theyll be in CUSA...again funded the same way. I can keep going with tons of examples. T-shirters like you get the product when its complete. You play little to no role in getting the program off the ground. Same with academics. Donations and fees help build a strong academic reputation. Then comes the national exposure.
    using Boise St. as an example

Again...I have to explain to you that is common knowledge. You are right, schools are not put on TV randomly...they big programs have it handed to them no matter how bad they are. Schools from the AQ conferences don't have to build . National exposure is handed to them by the media and they are the backbone of college football and have been since they started putting games on TV. Not Boise ing St. The fan bases of those schools are for the most part regular fans that grew up rooting for that team. They fill the stadiums. They cause the sponsors to pay. They provide the TV deals and the big bowl payouts.

Once again...I can't tell if you are trolling or just ing dumb.
    All I did was say how stupid of a concept being a t-shirt fan is, which alot of people would agree with imo.
    The bulk of fans are...and you wouldn't have college football on a national scale without us...just like you wouldn't have other major sports. It's not stupid to grow up rooting for any team located in the state you live. Plenty of Spur fans outside of SA, Mavs fans outside of Dallas, Texans fans outside of Houston, etc. do it because...well...much of the state lives outside of those cities.

You say in one breath that you are not saying I'm not allowed to root for a college team(I have no major college in my city, like much of the state) and in then next you say "how stupid the concept of being a t-shirt fan is." Read that again and think about it.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    using Boise St. as an example

Again...I have to explain to you that is common knowledge. You are right, schools are not put on TV randomly...they big programs have it handed to them no matter how bad they are. Schools from the AQ conferences don't have to build . National exposure is handed to them by the media and they are the backbone of college football and have been since they started putting games on TV. Not Boise ing St. The fan bases of those schools are for the most part regular fans that grew up rooting for that team. They fill the stadiums. They cause the sponsors to pay. They provide the TV deals and the big bowl payouts.
    Jesus Christ you are stupid. I used Boise St because it is a recent example of a team that made the move up and has quickly climbed through the ranks, and wouldve been in an AQ conference prior to the new system which left the Big East out. I couldve easily used one of the bigger name teams in an AQ conference but they have been established longer which obviously means they paid their dues before my time and likely even yours...youre acting like UT or any other big program doesnt have a bunch of history behind them. UT football wasnt always as it big as it is now, every programs started off small and without t-shirters or national coverage.

Once again...I can't tell if you are trolling or just ing dumb.

The bulk of fans are...and you wouldn't have college football on a national scale without us...just like you wouldn't have other major sports. It's not stupid to grow up rooting for any team located in the state you live. Plenty of Spur fans outside of SA, Mavs fans outside of Dallas, Texans fans outside of Houston, etc. do it because...well...much of the state lives outside of those cities.

You say in one breath that you are not saying I'm not allowed to root for a college team(I have no major college in my city, like much of the state) and in then next you say "how stupid the concept of being a t-shirt fan is." Read that again and think about it.
    Youre arguing with yourself about t-shirters making CF bigger, since Ive agreed with that about 50 times already.

And pro sports and college sports are alot different than each other, idk why you keep comparing them. Pro sports dont have alumni, faculty, or students. They dont have a campus were those group of people spend most of their week at. I have never felt out of place at a Spurs or Cowboys game like I did at the Longhorn game when the alumni and fight song were being played. I wont tell you you cant root for a team because who the am I to tell someone what to spend their money on...Im just commenting on how dumb of a concept it is.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    every program started out small. It's pretty obvious you are trolling now.

It's the same concept as pro sports fandom from a large scale financial support standpoint(the alumni/faculty/students angle you are attempting to take doesn't change that)...and I won't go over all the reasons why again. Just because you had some kind of "feeling" doesn't change anything either. Congrats on lumping yourself together with Aggie in what is a stupid line of reasoning.
    Last edited by benefactor; 12-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Thread Information