Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players forcing their way to the Lakers ala Kirby, Kareem, and AD have nothing to do with the Lakers' FO; that is 100% LA being a preferred market.
    All the new star players have gone Hollywood. They just want to build their brand

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Present.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Players forcing their way to the Lakers ala Kirby, Kareem, and AD have nothing to do with the Lakers' FO; that is 100% LA being a preferred market.
    that's three players over 50 years one of them being a 17 year old that multiple teams passed on not some established star and Laker turn them into 6 les and counting when with other team they win one le combined...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's three players over 50 years one of them being a 17 year old that multiple teams passed on not some established star and Laker turn them into 6 les and counting when with other team they win one le combined...
    That's three more than most other teams, not even mentioning the fact they're HoF talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calm yo azz down boy, winning a le when stacked is still hard, ask the cp3 or current cripples or rockettes or durbeta thunder or danonti suns about that, Laker doing it 12 time since 1980 is still impressive no matter what free agents they get. besides lebron and shaq who are the other big free agents anyways in that span? kobe and worthy and magic drafted, gasol and davis traded for, kareem traded for, trades using young talent laker had drafted. If being a big time destination is so important, why are knicks awful for so long? Why were cripples awful until six years ago for so long?

and spur fan can't point fingers, most franchises would win multiple les with tim duncan for 20 years. without winning that lottery spur as a franchise are just another utah jazz
    Kareem forced his way to LA so he's basically a FA. Lebron,Shaq,Kareem all 3 forced their way to LA through FA or Trade. That's 3 top 10 all time great players. These are players who come around once every 20-30 years and LA was able to steal all 3 of them. Lakers were also lucky to draft Magic another top 10 player. Any team would be able to win 10-12 les with those players. The Spurs were fortunate to have 1 top 10 player in Duncan and were able to get 20 years of great success out of him. Harden/CP3/Durant are not top 10 all time greats so you can't compare them to those players.

You mention why the Knicks have been bad for so long and why the clippers were awful until 6 years ago? Well the answer is ownership. If the Knicks had better ownership there would be a ton of FA's flocking to go there much like how now the Clippers can now take advantage of their location due to having Ballmer as their owner. Look at how the Nets were able to get Kyrie/Durant due to being in NYC. Once the Knicks get a better owner you will see ton of guys trying to go to the Knicks.

Nothing is impressive about the Lakers championship success. I'm always impressed by teams that actually have to build their team through drafting and making good trades to become a championship contender. Examples of this is 90's bulls, 90's rockets, '80's Pistons,'00 Spurs, '00 Pistons,'11 Mavs,Warriors before they got Durant. If a team like the Nuggets wins it all I'll be impressed because they actually had to make a ton of good moves to build a contender and didn't have the luxury of having top 5 players knocking at their door.

The Lakers on the other hand were run like an incompetent clown show for 7 years prior to winning it all this year and were rewarded Lebron/AD which all had to do with their location. '12-'19 is a true reflection of how great the Lakers front office is when they are not able to successfully steal stars. They were even less successful than the mediocre Charlotte Hornets who manged to make it to the playoffs twice in that 7 year span. Bragging about the Lakers being successful is like a rich kid bragging about inheriting a billion dollars from his parents.
    Last edited by daslicer; 12-30-2020 at 02:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In while it lasts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    posting for the last time this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    posting for the last time this season
    Getting one last breath in here compliments of the LA teams.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Present.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Present but not for the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still .500 so it counts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Every time i've put money on the spurs this season, they covered. I have nothing bad to say about those scrubs really. Go Fat Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta get in while we can, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas Cowboys: 5-1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking in while I still can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the GOAT threads

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    checking in

lol spurs

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In before the Mavs with chunky Luka and perpetually injured KP dip below .500.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowboys

Thread Information