My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the '80's I worked for WOAI..the station in San Antonio that broadcast the Spurs' Games. One of my jobs (if you can call it that.. , I'd of paid CCU for the fun I had!) was to go to Blossom Athletic Center and record the Spurs players at practice. Nothing time consuming..just little one liners to drop in during the broadcast day. I'd have this on an index card for them to read (had about three or four to rotate, but this one stands out in my memory): "Hi, this is__________inviting you to follow the Spurs on WOAI." I posted this several months ago, but didn't ask the salient question: "Do you think it's right or wrong to push elite players through college (regardless of the sport) to get them into the pros?

One player gave me 4 "takes"...the best of which was this, never used on the air for obvious reasons: "Hi, this is (W.B.) invitating you to the following on the wolf." Keep in mind, this man was graduated from St. Johns! He had been passed from Freshman to Sop re to Junior to Senior and GRADUATED...without being able to read!! Good or Bad? Right or Wrong? Without a "keeper" that wouldn't rob him blind, this guy was an injury away from being off the court and unable to read.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walter Berry didn't graduate until 2 years ago though.

Thread Information