you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    rofl all that cash to a guy who will be sucking for crack somewhere on skid row halfway thru your season.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the angels and dogers are pushing each other and i love it!

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    And the Rangers and A's will still finish ahead of them

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ok

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Texas just rid themselves of the two biggest chemistry cancers on the team....addition by subtraction tbh. Oh and they didnt blow all their money on over the hill players and crack addicts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ok

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Angels

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trout, #2 Hitter, Hamilton, Pujols, Morales, Trumbo

lol Angels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels

They will once again massively under perform, and watching them fail with a quarter-of-a-billion dollar roster will be almost as enjoyable as watching the Lakers suck ass with their "super team."

Prediction: 88-74. Wild Card Berth. ALDS exit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the Dodgers wont under perform? lol

I hope Daniels pulls something out of his sleeves soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the Dodgers wont under perform? lol

I hope Daniels pulls something out of his sleeves soon.
    Don't know. Dodgers were a solid team last season with their 97 million dollar payroll and Kemp only playing 75% of the season. Angels tried to buy it last year and it blew up in their face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a stupid move by the Angels. What is it with these baseball teams trying to buy a le? That method doesn't work, yet even fans fail to see that. Hamilton, CJ Wilson, Pujols? Meanwhile, the Giants have won 2 out of the last 3 World Series les with small trades and building through the farm and spending money on those players. These teams trying to spend like the Yankees, and they will fail going this route like the Yankees.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Even the Yankees have only bought like one of their les, their success came from drafting well and building up the farm system....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Weaver, Richards, Aybar, Trumbo, Kendrick, Morales, Trout, Borjous...home grown last time i checked.

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    rofl all that cash to a guy who will be sucking for crack somewhere on skid row halfway thru your season.
    I'd be shocked if there isn't a clause in his contract that says if he fails a drug test, the contract is void.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know. Dodgers were a solid team last season with their 97 million dollar payroll and Kemp only playing 75% of the season. Angels tried to buy it last year and it blew up in their face.
    I guess choking a 10 game lead is solid. Also, Dodgers traded for MASSIVE contracts mid season...so i find it ironic you are dissing teams who trying to buy les after seeing what the dodgers have recently been doing. But then again, my Rangers also choked a 10 game lead....so no strategy seems to be working.

I wouldnt have signed Hamiton for that much money, but it would be stupid to say that the Angels dont have a better chance to win it all with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weaver, Richards, Aybar, Trumbo, Kendrick, Morales, Trout, Borjous...home grown last time i checked.
    The Angels also signed 3 players over 30 to long term big ass deals. The Giants only did that with Zito, but that finally paid off this year. Everyone else was from the farm or through small trades. They weren't throwing big ass contracts at multiple players like the Angels/Dodgers/Tigers are. These type of moves didn't work out in the past, and they won't work out now. The Giants showed how to build the right team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess choking a 10 game lead is solid. Also, Dodgers traded for MASSIVE contracts mid season...so i find it ironic you are dissing teams who trying to buy les after seeing what the dodgers have recently been doing. But then again, my Rangers also choked a 10 game lead....so no strategy seems to be working.

I wouldnt have signed Hamiton for that much money, but it would be stupid to say that the Angels dont have a better chance to win it all with him.
    10 game lead in Baseball isn't the same as it is other sports, especially if you charge ahead early in the season.

And I ain't dissing the Angels at all. The fans, who are the paying customers, deserve a team who will spend money. After tolerating cheap-ass McCourt for close to a decade, I'm pleased the Dodgers finally have ownership willing to spend. I simply said I'll laugh if the Angels fail to make any noise in the post-season with what is arguably the most talented roster in the AL. And I'm sure I'll hear it from Giant, Padre, and D-Backs fan if the Dodgers flame out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As will the Giants in the NL

Thread Information