you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ROFL

Torii Hunter ‏@toriihunter48
    I was told money was tight but I guess the Arte had money hidden under a Mattress. Business is business but don't lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hunter knew anything about business, he would know it's bad business to talk on Twitter.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Best #2 in the AL

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    He's used the Rangers a few times before, talking about how he'd love to play in the town where he lives, just to drive up his own price and go to the highest bidder. So he can shove this up his own hypocritical ass.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Best #2 in the AL
    I think Hunter will hit mostly #5 in the Tigers line-up to keep a righty-lefty balance throughout the order, and maybe get some reps at #2 against lefty starters.

That said, he does seem a bit sour. It's part of the business and he's been in the game long enough to know that. Even if Moreno lied to him, so what? But I don't think it's that big of a deal for him to voice an opinion on twitter. It's the age of mass communication on an individual level and athletes do these things all the time now. Hunter probably shouldn't have said , but I don't think it's that bad.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Hunter needs to realize that they didnt have enough money......for him. Simple as that.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think Hunter will hit mostly #5 in the Tigers line-up to keep a righty-lefty balance throughout the order, and maybe get some reps at #2 against lefty starters.

That said, he does seem a bit sour. It's part of the business and he's been in the game long enough to know that. Even if Moreno lied to him, so what? But I don't think it's that big of a deal for him to voice an opinion on twitter. It's the age of mass communication on an individual level and athletes do these things all the time now. Hunter probably shouldn't have said , but I don't think it's that bad.
    I think VMart is locked in at the 5, Torii will be either #2 or #6 switching with Dirks

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Against most right handed starters, I see the batting order like this:

Jackson
    Dirks
    Cabrera
    Fielder
    Hunter
    Martinez
    Peralta
    Avila
    Infante

Righty-lefty up and down the line-up. That way in late inning situations of close games, opposing teams will have to burn a lefty for Fielder for that one hitter and then again for Victor or risk a lefty facing Hunter. If Victor was head and shoulders above Hunter as a hitter, it would make total sense to keep him at #5. But not only is Hunter about as good a hitter, we don't know how good Victor will hit returning from all the injuries and rehab. Makes much more sense to have Hunter 5, at least to start the season. If Victor starts raking and Hunter struggles at all, then maybe they switch.

Thread Information