Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Because the elation of a cancer rally can last a whole season but the weight of both concern for and stunted rookie ceiling because of said coach's cancer and subsequent absence has no ill effects at all.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    uhh i said the cancer rally played a role, it wasn't the entire reason behind their season.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    What a great motivational tool used by the nearly x-eyed tactician. Every rookie QB with expectations of franchise messiah would be so lucky (pun intended) to have a coach as fox-crazy as Pagano to strategically be stricken with cancer right before the season and be so intelligent to milk the rally effects with actions as smart as on-going chemo throughout the remainder of the season.

I sense a new trend in this copycat league!

What a great motivational tool used by the nearly x-eyed tactician. Every rookie QB with expectations of franchise messiah would be so lucky (pun intended) to have a coach as fox-crazy as Pagano to strategically be stricken with cancer right before the season and be so intelligent to milk the rally effects with actions as smart as on-going chemo throughout the remainder of the season.

Hopefully the Cowboys take that a couple of steps further and give the owner REAL cancer.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

smh.

tragedy= inspiration.

its not something organizations strive for but when a tragedy hits a team, the level of play is better.

only a fool would disagree.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Tragedy rally... First employed by Pagano, later used by extreme enthusiasts like Belcher and Brent. #CopycatLeague es

Really, Trill? Really?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tragedy rally... First employed by Pagano, later used by extreme enthusiasts like Belcher and Brent. #CopycatLeague es

Really, Trill? Really?
    do you agree that tragedy= inspiration?

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    I think only a complete idiot thinks only the inspired good befalls amidst tragedy.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Really, Trill? Really?
    Jovan Belcher
    literally "taking one for the team"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    again, i never said "only"

stop trying to avoid the question lol.

well i see you're hesitant to agree that the coach's sickness played a part in inspiring this team.

that just tells me deep down inside you believe RG3 is the more cerebral, accurate, deadly qb.

its 2012, man. the future of the qb position is no longer a blue eyed white boy from cali lol.

RG3 is that dude.

the only area luck has over RG3 is size, no .

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Lol if tragedy wasn't an inspiration, they wouldn't have been pimping that chuckstrong theme song and putting banners all over the damn place.

Post Count
    "Hey Luck, if the coach dies from your ty play, the blood is on your hands. Chuckstrong!"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lol if tragedy wasn't an inspiration, they wouldn't have been pimping that chuckstrong theme song and putting banners all over the damn place.
    eggs-actly

"Hey Luck, if the coach dies from your ty play, the blood is on your hands. Chuckstrong!"

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Couple things... Luck is on a far more incomplete team than either of these other guys. He has more pass attempts because he's playing in a vertical downfield offense and has a ty offensive line and until the emergence of Vick Ballard as a guy who can do more than just run into the line of scrimmage and get tackled, no running game either. He is about to become the first ever Number One overall pick to start a playoff game. Pretty damn impressive.

Washington won with Kirk Cousins at QB this week. If you replaced Wilson with Matt Flynn, I think Seattle would be doing just as well.

I do think that if you replaced Andrew Luck with Drew Stanton, that the Colts would be right back in the top 3 of the draft order. Almost all of Indy's wins are because Luck pulled the game out in the 4th quarter. That can't be discounted. ROY isn't Most Valuable Rookie though, so Luck will probably lose out to Cornball Brother III just because CB3 is more highlight reel friendly than Luck this season.

Couple things... Luck is on a far more incomplete team than either of these other guys. He has more pass attempts because he's playing in a vertical downfield offense and has a ty offensive line and until the emergence of Vick Ballard as a guy who can do more than just run into the line of scrimmage and get tackled, no running game either. He is about to become the first ever Number One overall pick to start a playoff game. Pretty damn impressive.

Washington won with Kirk Cousins at QB this week. If you replaced Wilson with Matt Flynn, I think Seattle would be doing just as well.

I do think that if you replaced Andrew Luck with Drew Stanton, that the Colts would be right back in the top 3 of the draft order. Almost all of Indy's wins are because Luck pulled the game out in the 4th quarter. That can't be discounted. ROY isn't Most Valuable Rookie though, so Luck will probably lose out to Cornball Brother III just because CB3 is more highlight reel friendly than Luck this season.
    Luck holds on to the ball too long in certain situations.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All three are in the playoffs.

RGIII/RW both completed over 60% of their throws, Luck below 55%.

RGIII + 15 td/INT ratio
    RW + 16 (and tied the rookie record for TD's)
    AL. + 3

Both RGIII/RW had QB rankings of over a 100. Luck less than 75.

RGIII/RW were in the top 5 NFL QB's in the overall rankings, AL....26th.

Just the facts!

I know, I know...."Luck threw more"....big ing deal. , Tony Romo threw more than Peyton Manning.

Oh yeah, neither RGIII/RW had a Reggie Wayne to throw to.

One more thing, both RGIII/RW had over 450 yards rushing. AL no where in the park.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-31-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Luck is 11-5 and better than RG3 and Wilson. Shut the up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Wilson is 11-5 too.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Wilson is 10-5-1 replacement referee up

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    All three are in the playoffs.

RGIII/RW both completed over 60% of their throws, Luck below 55%.

RGIII + 15 td/INT ratio
    RW + 16 (and tied the rookie record for TD's)
    AL. + 3

Both RGIII/RW had QB rankings of over a 100. Luck less than 75.

RGIII/RW were in the top 5 NFL QB's in the overall rankings, AL....26th.

Just the facts!

I know, I know...."Luck threw more"....big ing deal. , Tony Romo threw more than Peyton Manning.

Oh yeah, neither RGIII/RW had a Reggie Wayne to throw to.

One more thing, both RGIII/RW had over 450 yards rushing. AL no where in the park.
    dodging the fact that RG3 and RW both have elite rushing attacks that their offense is based around

Post Count
    dodging the fact that RG3 and RW both have elite rushing attacks that their offense is based around
    You're only providing the argument that they are so good taking the key in from the runningbacks that they are able to thrive. RG3 faked out Ware so many times it was laughable.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    RG3 actually took a mediocre supporting cast to the playoffs and deserves a lot of praise for it. He's got a great future.

Russell Wilson has the best supporting cast of any QB in football and does not impress me at all. Seattle's defense gave up almost 2 less points than any other team in the NFL, and they were an elite rushing team before Wilson came along, unlike Washington and RG3. Wilson lost his team 3 games this year just with horrible QB play.

Out all those guys...idk why but I can see luck doing something special in the play offs....the colts are not even that good and look at what he has done to help the colts

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Then there was only one left.

Thread Information