Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Count
    That doesn't diminish the way he played this weekend. You play the role the team needs. He did that better than Luck and RGIII. He deserves props for getting his team to round two, something the other two QB's failed to do.
    The difference is, RW's team was expected to move on, not LUCK or RG3. If they moved on it was an upset, Seattle would have been a disappointment if they didn't move on because they had the superior team.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Answer my question first, then I will answer yours.
    Why ask questions you know the answer to?

Post Count
    Because I want to see your answers.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The difference is, RW's team was expected to move on, not LUCK or RG3. If they moved on it was an upset, Seattle would have been a disappointment if they didn't move on because they had the superior team.
    Would Seattle have been favored on the road vs Baltimore....nope!

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    That doesn't diminish the way he played this weekend. You play the role the team needs. He did that better than Luck and RGIII. He deserves props for getting his team to round two, something the other two QB's failed to do.
    and his point was that RW's role carries significantly less responsibility than Luck's. RW was not good at all today, but he had 130 yards from his running back, great leaping catches from his WR's, and a harassing defense. Not every QB has that luxury, as we saw today.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The bottom like is all that intereats me not silly games.

RW had the stats, he is a winner, he is moving on.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    and his point was that RW's role carries significantly less responsibility than Luck's. RW was not good at all today, but he had 130 yards from his running back, great leaping catches from his WR's, and a harassing defense. Not every QB has that luxury, as we saw today.
    Why ignore the season he had?

Give me a QB and let's compare what RW did vs what they did. Any QB.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why ignore the season he had?
    Why ignore his team's defensive and rushing rankings?

Post Count
    Would Seattle have been favored on the road vs Baltimore....nope!
    That just proves our point. RW had the easiest match up.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    And because his team was expected to move on you want to dismiss his play?? Maybe the criticism should go to Pagano and Shanahan for failing to put their rookie QB's in better position to succeed because its obvious by their play this weekend that the expectation for these rooks was bigger than they could handle.

RW made enough positive plays to get his team the W and played with a lot more poise...and this coming from someone who's been on the Luck bandwagon all year.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why ignore his team's defensive and rushing rankings?
    So what did the Lions do with Barry Sanders? How about the Vikes with Peterson? How many SB did Walter Payton win?

Do you think at all before posting?

You have any idea how many seasons the best D didn't play in the SB?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That just proves our point. RW had the easiest match up.
    So we simply ignore what he accomplished in reg season? Forget the fact his rookie season was better than a ton of those QB's in the HOF....right?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    So what did the Lions do with Barry Sanders? How about the Vikes with Peterson? How many SB did Walter Payton win?

Do you think at all before posting?

You have any idea how many seasons the best D didn't play in the SB?
    Let's hear you say it. What was Seattle's rushing rank and where did the defense rank in points-allowed? This isn't an admission of you being wrong. I just want to hear you say it.

Post Count
    And because his team was expected to move on you want to dismiss his play?? Maybe the criticism should go to Pagano and Shanahan for failing to put their rookie QB's in better position to succeed because its obvious by their play this weekend that the expectation for these rooks was bigger than they could handle.

RW made enough positive plays to get his team the W and played with a lot more poise...and this coming from someone who's been on the Luck bandwagon all year.
    Stop it. He did a good job of not losing his team the game. He dinked and dumped when he had to and avoided the game changing mistakes. That's all.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    QB's aren't great by themselves. It's a team game. It's like saying PManning doesn't deserve the MVP this year because he has a great defense. Why do you want to discredit RW's performance because he did what his team needed and did it well? His team didn't need him to go 30-40 with 450 yds and 4 TDs. He was asked to manage and make plays when need be and he did it better than Luck and RGIII THIS WEEKEND.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Adding the proper perspective that a QB who's system selects the safest plays at the most opportune times isn't diminishing, it's adding context that justifies the argument that its easier to put up stats when you're in an ideal system with strong balance, great defense and not asked to throw the ball 70% of the game in situations that dictate throwing, where defenses tee-off on you, or as an injured QB not even cleared by the teams doctor.

You don't even have to look hard in this thread to see that Avante and your opinion are basically saying what I've been saying; that Wilson is a quality game manager capable of some nice plays within his lesser offensive role as defenses key in to stop Lynch, and who gets to benefit from significantly shorter fields from his dominant defense. He simply doesn't carry the burden of responsibility that Luck and Griffin do within their systems, specifically Luck since everyone knows he's throwing 7-8/10 plays due to a ty running game.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Alex Smith > Aaron Rodgers last year..he played his role better in the playoffs, tbh..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Let's hear you say it. What was Seattle's rushing rank and where did the defense rank in points-allowed? This isn't an admission of you being wrong. I just want to hear you say it.
    We have to look at how they play on the road and I don't have those stats. We do know their road record was 3-5.

Always look at home/road trust me they are two different things. As we all know the Seahawks are amazing at home, not all that on the road, just ask the Niners. Who beat them at home got beat on the road.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Stop it. He did a good job of not losing his team the game. He dinked and dumped when he had to and avoided the game changing mistakes. That's all.
    Well, what did you want him to do?? Start throwing the ball all over the field??? There was no reason for him to do that. QB's are measured by wins and loses not by who has more or less responsibility. They're QB's...the most important position on the field.

Post Count
    Guys, I don't know about all of you but I'm beginning to think this guy Avante doesn't really know football. Same with Weebo-wobble.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Alex Smith > Aaron Rodgers last year..he played his role better in the playoffs, tbh..
    Quality.

Post Count
    Well, what did you want him to do?? Start throwing the ball all over the field??? There was no reason for him to do that. QB's are measured by wins and loses not by who has more or less responsibility. They're QB's...the most important position on the field.
    No, I wanted him to make reads, hit wide open WR's for sure TD's instead of taking off to run which forced his team to punt. His team won, that doesn't mean he played overly well. Luck did better because he put up more total yards against a much better defense without the benefit of having to respect the run or without having any protection.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Adding the proper perspective that a QB who's system selects the safest plays at the most opportune times isn't diminishing, it's adding context that justifies the argument that its easier to put up stats when you're in an ideal system with strong balance, great defense and not asked to throw the ball 7/10 plays a game in situations that dictate throwing, where defenses tee-off on you, or as an injured QB not even cleared by the teams doctor.

You don't even have to look hard in this thread to see that Avante and your opinion are basically saying what I've been saying; that Wilson is a quality game manager capable of some nice plays within his lesser offensive role as defenses key in to stop Lynch, and who gets to benefit from significantly shorter fields from his dominant defense. He simply doesn't carry the burden of responsibility that Luck and Griffin do within their systems, specifically Luck since everyone knows he's throwing 7-8/10 plays due to a ty running game.
    Dude, does any of that really matter? Who is moving on? Who doesn't go out and get hurt? Who isn't a turnover machine?

RW is smart, he protects the ball he wins games he is moving on all that other means.....o.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    QB's aren't great by themselves. It's a team game. It's like saying PManning doesn't deserve the MVP this year because he has a great defense. Why do you want to discredit RW's performance because he did what his team needed and did it well? His team didn't need him to go 30-40 with 450 yds and 4 TDs. He was asked to manage and make plays when need be and he did it better than Luck and RGIII THIS WEEKEND.
    Your rationale is "they won, so he must've played the role well!" A number of years ago I remember the Texans were outgained by 400 yds against the Steelers, but won 24-6 despite 33 passing yds from David Carr. Houston had 47 total yards in the game. I take it "he played his role well," amirite?

Post Count
    Avante and Weebo - is Vince Young a good QB? Look at his w/l record and doing what his team needs him to do.

Thread Information