My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free-agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski has agreed to terms with the Texas Rangers on a one-year deal, pending a physical, sources confirmed. The physical is expected to occur on Friday.
    Pierzynski, who turns 36 on Dec. 30, batted .278 with 27 homers (a career high) and 77 RBIs (tied a career-high in 2004) this past season for the Chicago White Sox. He played in 135 games, starting 121 at catcher.
    The veteran would give the Rangers a left-handed power bat in a lineup that was right-handed heavy even before Josh Hamilton signed his five-year deal with the Los Angeles Angels last weekend.
    Pierzynski could catch and play some designated hitter in Texas with catcher Geovany Soto also under contract with the team.
    Pierzynski, who made $6 million in 2012 as part of a two-year, $8 million contract, would step into the spot vacated by Mike Napoli, who agreed to terms on a three-year deal with Boston at the winter meetings. That deal has not been finalized.
    Napoli hit 24 homers and had 56 RBIs in 108 games for Texas in 2012, but hit just .227.
    In 133 career at-bats at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Pierzynski has hit .271 with three homers and 16 RBIs. He has nine doubles, one triple, 19 strikeouts and six walks. He's been hit by a pitch seven times as well.
    It was just last July when Pierzynski was left off the AL All-Star team by Rangers manager Ron Washington, who said he just didn't have room to put him on the squad. Washington has repeatedly praised Pierzynski throughout the years.
    "I feel bad for Pierzynski," Washington said shortly after the All-Star team was announced. "The guy's having an outstanding year. He's been working with a very good pitching staff over there with those Chicago White Sox for many years. I consider him a winning player because he beats you any kind of way he can. He beats you mentally. He beats you physically. So I feel really bad for Pierzynski."
    Pierzynski was not pleased with Washington's decision.
    "If (Washington) felt that bad, he would have put me on the team,'' Pierzynski said at the time. "He had an opportunity to and he didn't do it. Obviously, he can feel as bad as he wants, but he didn't feel that bad."
    Jim Bowden, a senior baseball analyst for ESPN Insider, contributed to this report.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...-texas-rangers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hate that guy more than any other player in the league

Hope he doesn't ruin your team. Guy is a in' bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Countdown to homerish retort by Beverly Hills in 3...2...1...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Rangers homer by any sense of the word. I am a fan though..and I'm really pissed about what the Rangers have done this offseason. Let Napoli go, didn't sign Greinke, Hamilton's gone (probably a good thing in the long run), Koji's gone, and we've missed out on other FAs I was really hoping we'd sign. AJ is better than ing Soto though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Rangers homer by any sense of the word. I am a fan though..and I'm really pissed about what the Rangers have done this offseason. Let Napoli go, didn't sign Greinke, Hamilton's gone (probably a good thing in the long run), Koji's gone, and we've missed out on other FAs I was really hoping we'd sign. AJ is better than ing Soto though.
    AJ will nuke your clubhouse, imo. His ego is disproportionately larger than his skill set. He's also the worst analyst in the history of the galaxy.

AL west is murder, may be the best division in baseball next year.

So long as the Rangers or the A's win it I'm good. Death to the Angels, tbh. (Seattle shouldn't be too bad either)

lol Astros. There are probably some minor league teams that can field a better lineup/staff. That owner is a disgrace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ...I used to keep up with the Stros... ing bull now...just disgusts me. I hope you're wrong about AJ, though we'll have to see.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    AJ will nuke your clubhouse, imo. His ego is disproportionately larger than his skill set. He's also the worst analyst in the history of the galaxy.
    I like AJ and I'm a Tigers fan. You got to take him for what he is. I haven't heard anything about him being bad in the clubhouse. I just know a lot of fans hate him because he talks a lot and looks and acts y. But I thought he was a good teammate who fellow teammates liked. He's also a gamer and has been very durable up to this point. He may not be able to put up that many homers again (but who knows in Texas) but he's been a solid hitter most of his career and doesn't strike out. Given the Rangers haven't done much else and the given the guys they're losing, I don't think it's a bad move for them. Probably can't catch as many games because of the Texas heat in the summer, but he does provide a lefty bat that can hit maybe 6th or 7th with all those right handed bats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like AJ and I'm a Tigers fan. You got to take him for what he is. I haven't heard anything about him being bad in the clubhouse. I just know a lot of fans hate him because he talks a lot and looks and acts y. But I thought he was a good teammate who fellow teammates liked. He's also a gamer and has been very durable up to this point. He may not be able to put up that many homers again (but who knows in Texas) but he's been a solid hitter most of his career and doesn't strike out. Given the Rangers haven't done much else and the given the guys they're losing, I don't think it's a bad move for them. Probably can't catch as many games because of the Texas heat in the summer, but he does provide a lefty bat that can hit maybe 6th or 7th with all those right handed bats.
    He was awful with the Giants, especially in the clubhouse. I'll never forgive him for that. I was incredibly glad to see him get run out of town.

You've probably followed him a lot closer than I have over the last few years, so I'll defer to your judgement in this case.

Where were you during the series, Jammy? The only Tiger fan that came in here to talk baseball was Irishock, and, well, he's a dumbass.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I lost a bet last NBA playoffs and couldn't post until the beginning of the NBA season. Otherwise, I would have been posting here during the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lost a bet last NBA playoffs and couldn't post until the beginning of the NBA season. Otherwise, I would have been posting here during the series.
    ohhhh, gotcha

Welcome back

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a bad move at all. Especially considering anything is better than Soto.

Cody Ross next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a bad move at all. Especially considering anything is better than Soto.

Cody Ross next?
    He'd be a good addition..Wouldn't mind bringing in LaRoche either, if the price is right.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    The Phillies stole Mike Adams from the Rangers. Another stud added to a loaded team. Phillies are going to be ing scary good with a healthy squad next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Phillies stole Mike Adams from the Rangers. Another stud added to a loaded team. Phillies are going to be ing scary good with a healthy squad next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be a good addition..Wouldn't mind bringing in LaRoche either, if the price is right.
    I think nats have almost resigned him

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol rebuilding already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers are currently looking to deal for Giancarlo Stanton from Miami or Justin Upton from Arizona...we'll see if either turns into something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers are currently looking to deal for Giancarlo Stanton from Miami or Justin Upton from Arizona...we'll see if either turns into something.
    I've been keeping up with the Rangers pretty heavily this offseason. They would have to give up profar and olt to get stanton. Better shot to get Upton for less but I don't think either will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been keeping up with the Rangers pretty heavily this offseason. They would have to give up profar and olt to get stanton. Better shot to get Upton for less but I don't think either will happen.
    I don't think it will anymore either...and they won't be giving up Profar. Olt maybe...but Profar's not going anywhere. He's the future.

Thread Information