My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprising. He was done in New York long before the season ended to be quite honest.

As a matter of fact, this guy is declining ever so fast so it might be the end of his career soon.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Don't know if he's "declining" as much as you suggest. Don't watch the Yankees enough. Still puts up decent overall numbers. And he isn't that old for a baseball player. Yeah, he's getting overpaid, but seems like every FA has been getting overpaid this off season. Cleveland has had a hard time attracting free agents, even more so in recent years when they haven't been very good. So, it was pretty apparent they'd have to overpay to bring anyone significant in. The last couple years, they went the route of playing a lot of their prospects like Kipnis, Santana, Chisenhall, LaPorta, Marte. Santana and Kipnis seem solid enough, or at least major league caliber players, but a lot of their prospects, even their more highly regarded prospects, didn't pan out. So now, they've added a couple of proven major leaguers in Swisher and Reynolds. Neither are elite players. Both have holes in their games. But they've proven they can play in the majors. And they add some right handed power (Swisher has solid numbers from the right side of the plate) to a very left handed heavy line-up.

Cleveland wasn't going to get FAs like Hamilton or Greinke. Probably not even BJ Upton or Victorino. So they overpay for Swisher. They could have done worse. They could have done nothing like they have been doing. They needed an OF after trading Choo. They might not be much better than before. Swisher probably isn't worth that money. But at least they made an effort this off season compared to previous seasons where they literally have done next to nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping the Rangers would get Swisher but not for that kind of contract. 2 years would of been alright.

Thread Information