Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...ey_eyes_t.html

During the Blazers’ recent homestand, a respected and veteran beat reporter approached me and told me that an assistant coach for the team he covered said the Blazers are shopping LaMarcus Aldridge.
    He is making 13,500,000 this season. Jack/Bonner for him works.

The good: Aldridge could be the piece that we are missing, so trading Jack+Bonner for Aldridge could make the Spurs a true top contender... The Blazers would take it because Jack/Bonner contracts are expiring.

The bad: He will be tied until 2015, we would lose Jack toughness and Bonner spacing

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Brunodf; 12-27-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true (which I doubt), Portland is going to want plenty more than just cap relief, such as a young SG to pair up with Lillard in the backcourt.
    Last edited by Ginobili2Duncan; 12-27-2012 at 01:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think they are that desperate to get rid of Aldridge for Bonner and Jackson

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    trade parker ..... cojo mills nando manu can be pg .......

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing to think that just four years ago, the Blazers looked like an up-and-coming team that would be a major factor in the Western Conference for the next decade and how injuries destroyed their future. But I don't think trading Aldridge makes any sense considering he's still a young and productive frontcourt player and the cornerstone to that Blazers franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do no want injuries

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure they could get a more attractive package then Jackson/Bonner.
    It would take top draft picks and a young player with upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, I would give up everything but The Big Three and KL to get LMA. He would elevate our game to heights, we haven't seen since the Twin Towers era. He would be the guy, who would make us the Best In The West. I doubt that we could get him, but if we could he would almost instantly bring back The Finals to San Antonio

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers would want a lot more for Aldridge, but I would be overjoyed to make such a trade. I would only part with Jax if it brought back a legitimate bigman. Aldridge is more than legit. He alongside Tim would be a nightmare for the rest of the league. What is the extent of his injury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson, Green, De Colo, Blair, two first rounders.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why get rid of Aldridge? There were times where he was playing like arguably the best PF in the league.

You'd think him and Lillard would be an awesome combo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson, Green, De Colo, Blair, two first rounders.
    I would seriously do it and hope no more injury happens. Then, we should bring in another big wing(T-Mac, anyone? I really believe he could sing that 12-18 mins as our backup SF) player and we would be fine.
    Actually: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ft_Free_Agency
    Last edited by szkorhetz; 12-27-2012 at 02:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not shopping him. From the article in the OP:

Still, on Wednesday before the Kings game, I felt obliged to corner the whirlwind that is Olshey.

I asked him directly if he is shopping Aldridge.

It was as if I had told Olshey the best joke he had ever heard. In fact, I think he is still laughing as I write this.

Olshey said he has made zero calls to other teams about Aldridge. He did say he has fielded one inquiry from another team, but it was more exploratory in nature, that team feeling the Blazers out. And he said he has no plans to make any future calls about Aldridge as February approaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Portland continues to struggle I could see them moving him. Of course the GM is going to say he's not doing anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're NOT shopping him ! The article says it.

And Jack + Bonner for Aldridge ?

Really delusional trade attempt. If SA wants to make a serious bid, start with Kawhi and Splitter. Lamarcus Aldridge is a stud. One of the best PFs in the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're NOT shopping him ! The article says it.

And Jack + Bonner for Aldridge ?

Really delusional trade attempt. If SA wants to make a serious bid, start with Kawhi and Splitter. Lamarcus Aldridge is a stud. One of the best PFs in the league.
    Feels like he has been going downhill lately tho.

And like someone said, no one will ever admit they are shopping someone...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing to think that just four years ago, the Blazers looked like an up-and-coming team that would be a major factor in the Western Conference for the next decade and how injuries destroyed their future. But I don't think trading Aldridge makes any sense considering he's still a young and productive frontcourt player and the cornerstone to that Blazers franchise.
    thats what happens when you lose brandon roy and greg oden never pans out. its a damn shame, they would have been an awesome team. i know things would have turned out differently as far as draft picks if their players never got hurt, but could you imagine a lineup of lillard, roy, batum, aldridge, and oden? sheesh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah you can say a bit disappointing, but downhill is a big exaggeration. In the last games he has been balling.

I don't doubt POR would trade him for the right package. But Jack + Bonner won't cut it. Not even close. They can get much better offers.

#1 poster - @chazley
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...ey_eyes_t.html

He is making 13,500,000 this season. Jack/Bonner for him works.

The good: Aldridge could be the piece that we are missing, so trading Jack+Bonner for Aldridge could make the Spurs a true top contender... The Blazers would take it because Jack/Bonner contracts are expiring.

The bad: He will be tied until 2015, we would lose Jack toughness and Bonner spacing

Thoughts?
    Sure, we could put together a viable package for Aldridge, but the suggestion that Jackson/Bonner would get it done is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Also, how the is it a bad thing that a 7-ft all star-caliber bigman is signed through 2015? The only way Blazers make this trade is if they are blowing up their team, which just doesn't make much sense to me. Lillard/Batum/Aldridge is a core you build around, and JJ Hickson is playing out of his mind right now. Wes Matthews I'm not sold on, but he's a decent piece and his contract isn't horrendous. The Spurs don't have the right pieces to do a 2-team trade because the Blazers will want to get rid of their bad contracts if they trade their franchise player, and honestly they've done a great job signing their players to reasonable deals and don't have a single terrible contract on their roster. So, I just do not see this happening and wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, keep in mind that the Spurs are set up VERY nicely for this summer. If we let the SJax contract expire, resign Manu for around 8mil, let Blair/Neal leave, we have room to sign a near-max free agent. Of course, we gotta resign Tiago, but we can still maneuver through trades to free up even more space. Dwight/Al Jefferson (idols Duncan)/Josh Smith are going to be UFA by the way. Spurs are set up to play out this year and hopefully get lucky this offseason in free agency, and if it all falls into place, we could be looking at an absolutely stacked 2013-2014 roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, we could put together a viable package for Aldridge, but the suggestion that Jackson/Bonner would get it done is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Also, how the is it a bad thing that a 7-ft all star-caliber bigman is signed through 2015? The only way Blazers make this trade is if they are blowing up their team, which just doesn't make much sense to me. Lillard/Batum/Aldridge is a core you build around, and JJ Hickson is playing out of his mind right now. Wes Matthews I'm not sold on, but he's a decent piece and his contract isn't horrendous. The Spurs don't have the right pieces to do a 2-team trade because the Blazers will want to get rid of their bad contracts if they trade their franchise player, and honestly they've done a great job signing their players to reasonable deals and don't have a single terrible contract on their roster. So, I just do not see this happening and wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, keep in mind that the Spurs are set up VERY nicely for this summer. If we let the SJax contract expire, resign Manu for around 8mil, let Blair/Neal leave, we have room to sign a near-max free agent. Of course, we gotta resign Tiago, but we can still maneuver through trades to free up even more space. Dwight/Al Jefferson (idols Duncan)/Josh Smith are going to be UFA by the way. Spurs are set up to play out this year and hopefully get lucky this offseason in free agency, and if it all falls into place, we could be looking at an absolutely stacked 2013-2014 roster.
    Basically we won't have that much cap space to sign players who don't want to come here in the first place...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am Portland I want cap space. They aren't going anywhere, no reason to pay a star who's not going to sell that many tickets sans wins.

#1 poster - @chazley
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically we won't have that much cap space to sign players who don't want to come here in the first place...
    False. No big markets have cap space, and who wouldn't want to come to the Spurs if it meant playing on a team with an awesome core already in place and will be playing for a great coach/front office for years to come? I like our chances.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway I still want to trade with the Aryan Brotherhood of Minnesota to get Derrick Williams.

Aldridge will cost too much...

I'm also open to trade high on Tiago, who is used pretty inefficiently it seems anyway and who may walk or get paid more than we can afford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won't get LMA. I could see him going to the Nets, but no way we get him in SA, that would make us dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading the article twice, I dont think the Blazers are shopping LA. I think they might trade him for the right offer, but SJAX, Bonner, G Neal and 2014 and 2016 1st picks are not enough to bring Portland on board for a trade. Replace Bonner with D Green, they might start talking. On Jan 15, Green can be traded, do the Spurs want to do this or will they say it is too much to give up?

Thread Information