Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, they don't need to trade which is my whole point. If they do it will only be because they percieve they are recieving full value on their return, which would be young promising pieces (Not ROY candidates but guys who would have made the 1st or 2nd Rookie teams the past couple of years, as well as a lottery pick or two.

An example would be Thomas Robinson & Tyreke Evans and the Kings next two first round picks. I'm not saying either team does this trade or it matches salary wise but it's an example of what they would atleast be expecting to return.

Edit: I realise I said they wouldn't be getting a ROY back but in the case of Evans his rookie season was his best and, he's obviously not happy with his current position in Sacramento.
    I'm just saying that what we tend to think is value tends not to be what GMs have taken to be value. A lot of times, teams (even rebuilding teams) don't seem to want picks and young players for every player they move. I think Portland may want someone who could set the tone and help develop that team. A solid veteran back-court mate for Lillard may be on their minds. A player like Ginobili (and I'm not saying that either team would do that trade) could improve their long-term prospects a lot more than most lottery-level young players. Except for OKC, teams with too many young players have tended to flounder rather than grow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...ey_eyes_t.html

He is making 13,500,000 this season. Jack/Bonner for him works.

The good: Aldridge could be the piece that we are missing, so trading Jack+Bonner for Aldridge could make the Spurs a true top contender... The Blazers would take it because Jack/Bonner contracts are expiring.

The bad: He will be tied until 2015, we would lose Jack toughness and Bonner spacing

Thoughts?
    I'm sorry, but what in your right mind makes you think the Blazers would trade Aldridge for Bonner and Jackson?!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs fans are rightfully interested in trading in some of our depth for a stronger top-8. Unfortunately, this scenario is just too good to be true. Unless Aldridge is so disgruntled that he's becoming a cancer, trading him makes no sense for Portland.

If we want the Spurs to keep Tim/Tony/Manu/Kawhi/Tiago, we have to accept that we're not going to be able to trade for another star. At this point, we need to lower our expectations and hope the FO can find a nifty little 2-for-1 trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge for bonner and jax I love ST
    this. i'm surprised nobody said "throw in blair and a 2nd round pick"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus wouldn't fit in the Spurs system, he'd rather shoot from the outside than post up with his back to the basket. Sure, crash the boards might be a positive but he disappears in games too many times.
    Aldridge's shot selection not too far off from Timmy's this season tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way we'll get him for Jackson and Bonner, lol.

Any realistic chance the Spurs have of getting him would involve giving up too much or completely gutting their future team in favor of the next couple years. I wouldn't mind giving up Splitter, Jackson + stuff, but it's probably going to cost Leonard as well and I don't think that's worth it anymore.

I'd rather have Splitter, Jackson, and Leonard along with whatever filler and draft picks we'd have to give up than to have just Aldridge. Our team's depth would be gone just to have a dope low post frontcourt for a couple years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to split hairs, but no way are they in a position to draft Lillard with a healthy Roy / Oden. What a pick he was though in what may have been an 8-deep draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, how about Blair and Cory Joseph for Chris Bosh? I thought about going after LeBron but realized we'd have to throw in Diaw or Jack and that would be ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we trade Tiago for him?

Thread Information