Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nbadan
    ..first Zell Miller's fire and brimstone speech, and now this...

President Bush on Friday wished Bill Clinton ``best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery.''

``He's is in our thoughts and prayers,'' Bush said at a campaign rally.

Bush's audience of thousands in West Allis, Wis., booed. Bush did nothing to stop them.

Bush offered his wishes while campaigning one day after accepting the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in New York. Clinton was hospitalized in New York after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath. ..
    AP

Tommy Duncan
    Let's see the video to see if indeed it was "thousands" booing or just a few nutballs.

Tommy Duncan

Nbadan

When Reagan died, I remember most democrats being very respectful.

Spurminator
    I'm quite sure most Republicans will be very respectful as well.

Yonivore
    "When Reagan died, I remember most democrats being very respectful."
    Yeah, right.

Samurai Jane
    I also remember some particularly vicious attacks by members of this board, among others, towards the late president.

There are a few bad apples in every bunch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    When Reagan died, I remember most democrats being very respectful."
    All I remember of prominent demos was Kerry saying Regan's era was a time of moral darkness, and Clinton being pissed he wasn't getting to speak at the funeral.

Tommy Duncan
    A new version has been posted by the AP:

story.news.yahoo.com/news...d=96378798

Bush Offers Best Wishes for Clinton

2 hours, 4 minutes ago

WEST ALLIS, Wis. - President Bush (news - web sites) on Friday offered former President Bill Clinton (news - web sites), who faces heart bypass surgery, "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery."

"He's is in our thoughts and prayers," Bush said at a campaign rally.

Bush offered his wishes while campaigning one day after accepting the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in New York. Clinton was hospitalized in New York after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath.

Bush recently praised Clinton when the former president went to the White House for the unveiling of his official portrait. He lauded Clinton for his knowledge, compassion and "the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

SpursWoman
    What, and then inspire Moore to another crockumentary on how "Bush Denies Citizens Their First Amendment Rights" ?

Spurminator
    Interesting that they changed it... I wonder what happened.

Yonivore
    I want to see the video.

This reeks of press bias on the scale of Reuters calling Vice President Cheney's acceptance speech an attack on Kerry's patriotism.

Tommy Duncan
    Hmmm...is the AP trying to impact the presidential campaign? After all, everyone knows they are a CIA outlet.

BC-Bush-Clinton, 1st Ld-Writethru,150 Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery
    Eds: SUBS lead to include reference to surgery. DELETES 3rd graf previous, Bush's audience, because of uncertainty about crowd reaction.
    WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - President Bush on Friday offered former President Bill Clinton, who faces heart bypass surgery, "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery."
    "He's is in our thoughts and prayers," Bush said at a campaign rally.
    Bush offered his wishes while campaigning one day after accepting the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in New York. Clinton was hospitalized in New York after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath.
    Bush recently praised Clinton when the former president went to the White House for the unveiling of his official portrait. He lauded Clinton for his knowledge, compassion and "the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

Joe Chalupa
    Where is the love?

Tommy Duncan
    The love is there.

Where is the objectivism in journalism?

Nbadan
    Interesting that they changed it... I wonder what happened
    Not really. Happens all the time. It's amazing how one news outlet can report something completely different regarding the same incident. You simply cannot trust the broadcast news media anymore, and now it is infecting print media also.

Tommy Duncan
    What changed about the reliability of the print media in the last minute?

Tommy Duncan
    According to Drudge...

THEN RETRACTS... AUDIO REVEALS LOUD CHEERS FOR EX-PREZ... DEVELOPING...
    If true does this make the GOP the "Love Filled Party"?

Yonivore
    Biased media? What biased media?

Joe Chalupa
    Biased media? you mean FauxNews?

There are biased consertive and liberal media outlets.

FoxNews is clearly conservative and the major networks seem to be sliding that way too.

That is why I listen, watch and read from all sides.

Yonivore
    Give me an example of where Fox News has out-and-out lied like the AP just got caught doing.

Or, like Reuters did yesterday by reporting that Vice President Cheney attacked Kerry's patriotism.

I don't think Fox hides the fact they have a conservative bent. But, I don't see them lying either.

Joe Chalupa
    I don't consider Reuter's as lying since Cheney did attack Kerry's patriotism.

Reporting something that is inaccurate is not lying, at least not to me.

Again, that is why I don't limit my news sources.

Tommy Duncan
    The thing that people seem to forget is that Fox News is one ing channel. You have CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, and most major print media outlets (NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Newsweek, Time, etc) which can scarcely be projected as objective.

All of your whining about "Faux News" rings pretty ing hollow in the face of the reality of the bias exhibited daily by all of those other outlets.

Yonivore
    How'd he attack his patriotism, Joe?

Tommy Duncan
    Attacking how one voted in a legislative body does not cons ute an attack on their patriotism. It's a critique of their judgement. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cleland pulled this same in Georgia in the 2002 Senate race when his votes on the Homeland Security Department were criticized.

Thread Information