Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oh I understand that there are differences between Cali Mex and Tex Mex. I get that, but if I am going to try something then I would try some of the Asian food or Italian. There isn't really a good place for either of those two here.
    I might try some Cali Mex food but I am completely biased. I like the real deal Mex food so I agree with you there too.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Oh I understand that there are differences between Cali Mex and Tex Mex. I get that, but if I am going to try something then I would try some of the Asian food or Italian. There isn't really a good place for either of those two here.
    I might try some Cali Mex food but I am completely biased. I like the real deal Mex food so I agree with you there too.
    Well, you'll be close to both Chinatown and North Beach, so you'll have plenty of nearby options for good Chinese and Italian.

Also, if your interest in Asian goes beyond just Chinese, I would recommend a jaunt over to Japantown. In fact, one of the things I meant to suggest in my first post was that you check out the Japan Center. It's awesome. And chaotic. And bizarre. And awesome because it's chaotic and bizarre. It's basically a giant Japanese themed mall that just so happens to have several really good sushi and teppanyaki restaurants inside. It's also where I first discovered one of my most favorite inventions: a gelato crepe.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Cali mexican is foul imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    Perbacco http://www.yelp.com/biz/perbacco-san-francisco is my favorite Italian place in the city. It's a bit upscale, but well worth it. (Probably need to make reservations way in advance)

Avoid driving if you can help it. BART is awesome and parking is a nightmare to find.

CF nailed most of the touristy things, but two I would add are the Cable Car museum on Nob Hill as well as the Presidio (Which can be easily integrated with a Golden Gate walk)

Sonoma>Napa>Marin

Oaktown has a lot of ty areas (around Oracle e.g.) but Jack London Square is awesome. Tons of places to eat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Going to be there next month. For those of you in the area or who have frequented, what are some cool things to do *no *. I am going to be at the Spurs game so I will be "that guy" in the visiting teams colors. I'll more than likely only be there for 2-3 days. What is something that I HAVE to do while I am there? *again no *
    Tons of good stuff to do in San Fran. Definitely check out Golden Gate Park.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You have to bring me a bag of dark chocolate sea salt and caramel squares from Ghirardelli.
    I saw bags of these at burlington before christmas.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Perbacco http://www.yelp.com/biz/perbacco-san-francisco is my favorite Italian place in the city. It's a bit upscale, but well worth it. (Probably need to make reservations way in advance)

Avoid driving if you can help it. BART is awesome and parking is a nightmare to find.

CF nailed most of the touristy things, but two I would add are the Cable Car museum on Nob Hill as well as the Presidio (Which can be easily integrated with a Golden Gate walk)

Sonoma>Napa>Marin

Oaktown has a lot of ty areas (around Oracle e.g.) but Jack London Square is awesome. Tons of places to eat.
    lagunitas is so damn fun.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I love just walking in SF moreso than any other city. The weather is cool, the architecture is nice, the hills are fun to walk up, and yeah, you don't have to look forever to find somewhere to park.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    watch a west coast sunset. walk the streets and neighborhoods,but stay out of the tenderloin. see the Japanese tea garden. ride the cable cars. go to Sausalito for a spectacular view. use public transportation. visit Chinatown. drink some absinthe. people watch. see the financial district. eat on a sidewalk. find good sushi or seafood. Oh and stay out of the tenderloin district.

Legitimate All-Star manustarting2gd's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Have a drink at the Top of the Mark and enjoy the whole city view.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So I was going to get a pair of SPurs tix but the wife didn't want to be on a schedule while there. Since I am doing this for her for Vday I went along with it. Doesn't mean I can't still look on Craigslist for tix.

2 lower level tickets for WARRIORS vs. San Antonio Spurs on 4/15/13 (Last game of the season and check out the stars like Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Stephen Jackson, Boris Diaw, DeJuan Blair, Danny Green)

Section 107, Row 14 - $100/pair, CASH or PAYPAL only

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/golden_state_warriors/

Let me know if you are interested it

(510) 812-DINO

LOL at the stars they name.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Have fun in San Francisco!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Have fun in San Francisco!!!!
    Holy smokes. I didn't realize that we are going next week. I was about to reply that we aren't leaving until the 21st but thanks. Then I realized that today is the 11th.

So I am bringing back some slated caramel chocolate things for Money Maa but I think I am just going to buy a bag from Walmart here and give them to her.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy smokes. I didn't realize that we are going next week. I was about to reply that we aren't leaving until the 21st but thanks. Then I realized that today is the 11th.

So I am bringing back some slated caramel chocolate things for Money Maa but I think I am just going to buy a bag from Walmart here and give them to her.
    My sophisticated palate will be able to tell the difference!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

what else will your bring back? will you have to pack some fudge before you leave?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I. Hustle - the first time I went to San Fran I was too young to really enjoy it.

Last march, we went and if you are a wine drinker, I highly recommend doing a Napa Valley Tour.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Plus everyone is so nice. Always asking if then can push your stool in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I. Hustle - the first time I went to San Fran I was too young to really enjoy it.

Last march, we went and if you are a wine drinker, I highly recommend doing a Napa Valley Tour.
    My wife is. I'm not sure if we'll have time for that. I want to take her for sure though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My sophisticated palate will be able to tell the difference!
    My brother in law (reason we are going) makes a dessert with a salted caramel sauce that kicks ace. He is in culinary school there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    make sure you take along some cigarettes to give out. I heard everyone there loves to have a in his mouth.
    Also, it seems like they prefer brands from Poland. Lots of Pole smokers I hear.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    make sure you take along some cigarettes to give out. I heard everyone there loves to have a in his mouth.
    Also, it seems like they prefer brands from Poland. Lots of Pole smokers I hear.
    So, when they say to ride the ferry I have to check the spelling? Ferry - Fairy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So, when they say to ride the ferry I have to check the spelling? Ferry - Fairy
    what in the world?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My brother in law (reason we are going) makes a dessert with a salted caramel sauce that kicks ace. He is in culinary school there.
    Is he single??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    LOL yeah he actually is. We have our su ions because he has been posting pics (facebook) with some random girl but insists that he isn't seeing anyone. I tell my wife to leave him alone and let him do his thing. He's 25 living in SF and not a worry in the world... F that dude lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Are you going to any head shops?

Thread Information