Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who gives a about the "talk" you hear from Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders who have an agenda to hype up as many black QBs as possible?

Luck and Rodgers are primarily pocket passers that have the occasional run. Rodgers and Luck both averaged roughly 16 rush yards a game this year, so either one having a 20+ yard touchdown run would be pretty unusual and unexpected. They're considered pretty traditional pocket passers by everyone who doesn't have an agenda to promote mobile/black QBs.
    While you have an agenda to do all you can to degrade the black QB.

So you see no different between what Luck and Rodgers can do compared to the Mannings and Brady, you serious? Andrew Luck could play fullback, Aaron Rodgers could give the Mannings/Brady a head start in the 40 and still dust them. Can't believe you aren't aware of that.

When you have a QB that can motor (for a QB) you have to rush them differently than a Peyton Manning. Manning isn't going anywhere, while you miss Luck/Rodgers they'll put 15 yards on ya.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-04-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yes. One single season where mobile QBs have more success than they normally do (and you all but admitted this new direction didn't start till this season since you're refusing to talk about last season) does not mean the NFL is heading in a new direction. I would need to see multiple seasons of it before I call it the NFL moving in a new direction.

This would be like saying the Dolphins having an 11-5 season in 2008 running the wildcat offense means that the NFL is heading in the direction of the wildcat.
    Do you pay any attention at all? Everyone is talking about it, it will be talked about in the playoffs. Everyone is seeing it. What you blind?

Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick are where things are going. Dude, just listen to what football people are saying.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    While you have an agenda to do all you can to degrade the black QB.

So you see no different between what Luck and Rodgers can do compared to the Mannings and Brady, you serious? Andrew Luck could play fullback, Aaron Rodgers could cive the Mannings/Brady a head start in the 40 and still dust them. Can't believe you aren't aware of that.

When you have a QB that can motor (for a QB) you have to rush them differently than a Peyton Manning. Manning isn't going anywhere, while you miss Luck/Rodgers they'll put 15 yards on ya.
    that's one of the problems with mobile QBs, at one point they see the space, they get 10 yards, don't see the db coming from the blindside and get pounded to the ground or fumble the ball.. Also, one of the most common Luck's problems, is that he holds on to the ball too much, why do you think that is?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So you see no different between what Luck and Rodgers can do compared to the Mannings and Brady, you serious?
    I see a minor difference that's irrelevant and does nothing to bolster your argument (especially since Manning and Brady led their team to a better record than Luck's team or Rodger's team had ). All four of them are easily classified as pocket passers most effective when they can sit in the pocket and make a decision. None of the 4 will be outrunning DeMarcus Ware or Von Miller anytime soon.

Luck and Rodgers average 16 rushing yards a game, so there's an obvious misconception you have about how often they drop 15 yards on a defense. The stats your ignoring say that a 15 yard run from them would happen once a game and afterwards they'd do nothing on the ground.

You can try to argue it using anecdotes and corny phrases like "they can motor" till the cows come home, anyone who watches football and hasn't recently had a lobotomy considers Luck and Rodgers pocket passers who become a lot less effective when forced out of the pocket.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Do you pay any attention at all? Everyone is talking about it, it will be talked about in the playoffs. Everyone is seeing it. What you blind?

Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick are where things are going. Dude, just listen to what football people are saying.
    Oh look, another logically flawed appeal to popularity/authority because Avante can't respond to the actual content of my posts.

I've never met a more intellectually dishonest person in my life.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante gets so defensive when anybody disagrees with his opinions.
    You mean those opinions I got from listening to all those football people, those opinions?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You mean those opinions I got from listening to all those football people, those opinions?
    so opinions you get from recycling other opinions without ever actually coming up with your own opinions?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Oh look, another logically flawed appeal to popularity/authority because Avante can't respond to the actual content of my posts.

I've never met a more intellectually dishonest person in my life.
    Dude, who is talking about the past, not I. Why not try and talk about the future which is wherre I'm at with this. You keep telling me about yesterday, yesterday, I'm talking about tomorrow, you really don't get that?

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Remember when those experts you listen to were calling Cam Newton a franchise QB and preseason MVP candidate, Avante?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    so opinions you get from recycling other opinions without ever actually coming up with your own opinions?
    Are you really as lost as you appear?

I'll start hearing about something....some band...for an example. After I listen to them, yep, great band. Only then do I start propping that band. Dude, never seen anyone as lost as you stay. You really thought....wow!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dude, who is talking about the past, not I. Why not try and talk about the future which is wherre I'm at with this. You keep telling me about yesterday, yesterday, I'm talking about tomorrow, you really don't get that?
    So you wanna talk about stuff that hasn't happened yet which enables you base your entire argument off conjecture that can't be proven right or wrong? No thanks. But good job admitting your argument is completely based off sensationalism and conjecture. Progress

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Remember when those experts you listen to were calling Cam Newton a franchise QB and preseason MVP candidate, Avante?
    You missed my point totally.

Firstt off I know more about most these things than those experts. Been at it a lot longer. All I'm saying is they bring things up that get ya thinking.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So you wanna talk about stuff that hasn't happened yet which enables you base your entire argument off conjecture that can't be proven right or wrong? No thanks. But good job admitting your argument is completely based off sensationalism and conjecture. Progress
    Incredible, wow~

Do your best, ok?

I 'm talking about the beginning of something we are seeing right now, that isn't clear? Are we not seeing more and more mobile QB's in the league, well? Why do you think that is?

You aren't seeing it, yes you are so why the dummy bull ?

A running QB puts so much stress on any defense, this is a known fact. Even you know that. We are seeing a change, it's happening right now. For you to play silly bull games over something so ing obvious is stupid, pay attention to what's going on.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Words can't describe how intellectually dishonest Avante's arguing style is. He constantly moves the goal posts, employs every logical fallacy that exists, blatantly ignores stats/facts, and of course thinks events that haven't happened yet mean he's right.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Incredible, wow~

Do your best, ok?

I 'm talking about the beginning of something we artr seeing right now, that isn't clear? Are we not seeing more and more mobile QB's in the league, well? Why do you think that is?
    It's way too early to tell whether or not this is a fluke or the beginning of something. You're intellectually dishonest for pretending that this season being the beginning of mobile QBs becoming the norm in the NFL is a sure thing. As of right now, the popularity of mobile QBs/the read option this year is no different than the popularity of the Wildcat in 2008.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Words can't describe how intellectually dishonest Avante's arguing style is. He constantly moves the goal posts, employs every logical fallacy that exists, blatantly ignores stats/facts, and of course thinks events that haven't happened yet mean he's right.
    So we don't have more mobile QB's in the playoffs than ever? How about trying some reality for a change ya reckon?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's way too early to tell whether or not this is a fluke or the beginning of something. You're intellectually dishonest for pretending that this season being the beginning of mobile QBs becoming the norm in the NFL is a sure thing. As of right now, the popularity of mobile QBs/the read option this year is no different than the popularity of the Wildcat in 2008.
    What? So where are Kaepernick, Wilson, RGIII, Newton going in the next 10 years? yes it's happening and only a fool like you wouldn't see it.

Example

Who replaced Brett Favre? Yep, a mobile QB.

Who replaced Peyton Manning at Indy, yep, a mobile QB.

Watch as we see that happening from here on out. Why bother with Tebow, oh yeah....could run.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Incredible, wow~

Do your best, ok?

I 'm talking about the beginning of something we are seeing right now, that isn't clear? Are we not seeing more and more mobile QB's in the league, well? Why do you think that is?

You aren't seeing it, yes you are so why the dummy bull ?

A running QB puts so much stress on any defense, this is a known fact. Even you know that. We are seeing a change, it's happening right now. For you to play silly bull games over something so ing obvious is stupid, pay attention to what's going on.
    in my opinion, the reason for that is simply that GMs are now slaves of statistics.. they need yards asap no matter if it is in a sustainable way.. Also people are always delusional about someone having elite running skills and only using them when needed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Lol at calling Rodgers a mobile qb....weird that he's been sacked 51 times this season.....but he's mobile.

Shocking that avante is full of again.

At the beginning if the season, after week 2, avante also said the bronco weren't for real....they're now his Super Bowl pick!!!!! Lol!!!!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    in my opinion, the reason for that is simply that GMs are now slaves of statistics.. they need yards asap no matter if it is in a sustainable way.. Also people are always delusional about someone having elite running skills and only using them when needed.
    You ever play football?

You can put 8 in the box to stuff the run, you can double cover a stud receiver. What a defense can't do is deal with a running QB, if he can't make that spy miss then he's not really a runner. A QB makes one guy miss, he's got 10-20 yards before the defense can track him down, sometimes they don't....TD!

If a QB has no running ability, there goes that threat.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    You ever play football?

You can put 8 in the box to stuff the run, you can double cover a stud receiver. What a defense can't do is deal with a running QB, if he can't make that spy miss then he's not really a runner. A QB makes one guy miss, he's got 10-20 yards before the defense can track him down, sometimes they don't....TD!

If a QB has no running ability, there goes that threat.
    Right!!! I mean, look at all the Super Bowls they've won.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Lol at calling Rodgers a mobile qb....weird that he's been sacked 51 times this season.....but he's mobile.

Shocking that avante is full of again.

At the beginning if the season, after week 2, avante also said the bronco weren't for real....they're now his Super Bowl pick!!!!! Lol!!!!
    Since you won't leave me along.

Rodgers has rushed for 1442 yards, has scored 18 rushing TD's, has scored on a 35 yard rush. That isn't mobile?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    In 85 games 1442 rush yards is 17 rush yards a game. Sorry but that's really nothing spectacular.

being so desperate that you're trying to argue one singular 35 yard run means he's mobile. Peyton Manning has a 33 yard run and Joe Flacco has a 38 yard run. I guess that means they're both mobile QBs.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Not to mention, the word 'mobile' as it pertains to the ability to slide in the pocket is not the same as 'mobile' as it pertains to guys like RG3.....but I wouldn't expect someone who knows as little about football as avante to understand that.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In 85 games 1442 rush yards is 17 rush yards a game. Sorry but that's really nothing spectacular.

being so desperate that you're trying to argue one singular 35 yard run means he's mobile. Peyton Manning has a 33 yard run and Joe Flacco has a 38 yard run. I guess that means they're both mobile QBs.
    Who said anything about spetacular?

Compare what Rodgers has done compared to Peyton/Brady when it comes to running. Don't tell me you think Rodgers hasn't ran for over 15 yards many times. Do you watch football?

Thread Information