Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I picked up on this guy while he was at NCSt, you could see "it". The guy had it all, smart, mobile, arm. Yep, the total package. He played great at Wisconsin and hasn't slowed down in the NFL. Only one rookie ever threw as many TD passes, and now here Wilson is favored to beat RGIII. So all you who play this ridiculous...black QB's can't.....must be rethinking things, or should be.

Andrew Luck will be out of the playoffs, while he had a great rookie season, he did nothing that over shadowed Wilson/RGIII. Stat wise he's really not that close, he gets his props because of the lack of a running game (so it is important all of a sudden...haha!).

RGIII will be so banged up by 2016, there really is a question about can he survive with his style.

There is a very real posibility that Russell Wilson is in a SB in the near future. I don't see that with Luck/RGIII. Wilson is going to be the best of the three as far as a career goes. He will accompish more and he will have the superior stats.

3 threads and counting.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    3 threads and counting.
    Who really gives a , does it really matter...why?

Dude, do you do anything besides whine?

All you do is this....

You'll always have the meat sandwich though.

Why?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    if suddenly NFL teams decided that they will only sign black qbs, would that make them better than white qbs?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    if suddenly NFL teams decided that they will only sign black qbs, would that make them better than white qbs?
    It's not about black/white it's about being athlectic. Blacks are simply faster/quicker and more elusive. We rarely see a sub 4.50 white QB. Todays defenses are too fast, too quick, guys can't just stand back there anymore surveying the field. They need some mobility, enter the athlete/the black QB.

Warren Moon has stats on a par with Joe Montana, we have three black QB's in these playoffs. A black QB is playing for the NCAA Championship. Two black QBs have won two of the last three Heismans. A black QB will win the ROY. Things are changing, and quickly.

You can drop the word black for athlete. It's just the most athlectic QB's are black.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-04-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Who cares

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's not about black/white it's about being athlectic. Blacks are simply faster/quicker and more elusive. We rarely see a sub 4.50 white QB. Todays defenses are too fast, too quick, guys can't just stand back there anymore surveying the field. They need some mobility, enter the athlete/the black QB.

Warren Moon has stats on a par with Joe Montana, we have three black QB's in these playoffs. A black QB is playing for the NCAA Championship. Two black QBs have won two of the last three Heismans. A black QB will win the ROY. Things are changing, and quickly.

You can drop the word black for athlete. It's just the most athlectic QB's are black.
    it's pitiful to even consider stats when comparing a running qb with a pocket passer.. also, wilson literally lives only on play actions, do you think it will still work when he'll be figured out? also, do you really think monkeyballers as him or rg3 can last more than two seasons without getting beaten up to the point of missing games? It's ok when your team relies on a huge D and an above average running game, but cmon, how can you build a team like that and expect to be successful?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    guys can't just stand back there anymore surveying the field. They need some mobility, enter the athlete/the black QB.
    Yeah, the Tom Brady vs. Eli Manning superbowl last year is really hard evidence that the pocket passer can't just "stand back and survey the field" anymore.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Probably about as many who cared about...Elite Manning.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    it's pitiful to even consider stats when comparing a running qb with a pocket passer.. also, wilson literally lives only on play actions, do you think it will still work when he'll be figured out? also, do you really think monkeyballers as him or rg3 can last more than two seasons without getting beaten up to the point of missing games? It's ok when your team relies on a huge D and an above average running game, but cmon, how can you build a team like that and expect to be successful?
    You see Russell Wilson playing monkeyball????? Where?

When we talk QB 's we look at how they deal with the system they are in. It doesn't matter if it's play action, speed, winged T, it's do they make it work? Russell Wilson is a master already in the system he is in, a system that won't be changing. He doesn't need to be a pocker passer in a spread, that mean nothings. It's can he excell in the system he's in? Obviously he can.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Tom Brady vs. Eli Manning superbowl last year is really hard evidence that the pocket passer can't just "stand back and survey the field" anymore.
    Do you watch football, ever listen to anyone talking about the game? You seem lost. All we are hearing is what I was talking about, you really aren't aware of this? All over the place it's...."can a pocket passer survive"...?

Dude, you honestly aren't seeing the direction things are going?

Mobile

Luck
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Kaepernick
    RGIII

....all in the playoffs. That's where things arte heading, you really aren't seeing this?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You see Russell Wilson playing monkeyball????? Where?

When we talk QB 's we look at how they deal with the system they are in. It doesn't matter if it's play action, speed, winged T, it's do they make it work? Russell Wilson is a master already in the system he is in, a system that won't be changing. He doesn't need to be a pocker passer in a spread, that mean nothings. It's can he excell in the system he's in? Obviously he can.
    yes if you are tryin to do something at the moment.. if you want to build a team for the ages then no.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Do you watch football, ever listen to anyone talking about the game? You seem lost. All we are hearing is what I was talking about, you really aren't aware of this? All over the place it's...."can a pocket passer survive"...?

Dude, you honestly aren't seeing the direction things are going?

Mobile

Luck
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Kaepernick
    RGIII

....all in the playoffs. That's where things arte heading, you really aren't seeing this?
    good job addressing the fact that two pure pocket passers with limited mobility started the most recent superbowl

trying to group Luck and Rodgers in with Wilson, Kap and RG3, as if their occasional scramble is the key to their success

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    yes if you are tryin to do something at the moment.. if you want to build a team for the ages then no.
    Totally wrong.

We now have defensive linemen running the 40 as fast as linebackers used to, backers as fast as db's were. Defenses have too many fast guys out there anymore, how do you compete vs that, yep, amobile QB. A guy who can make them pay, a guy who can get outside.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Avante gets so defensive when anybody disagrees with his opinions.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    good job addressing the fact that two pure pocket passers with limited mobility started the most recent superbowl

trying to group Luck and Rodgers in with Wilson, Kap and RG3, as if their occasional scramble is the key to their success
    I figured you had enought common sense to know I'm talking about a change, guess not. Not surprised.

Answer my question, you really haven't heard the talk?

How about we compare Luck and Rodgers with Manning. Eli and Brady, see the difference? Joe Flacco???? Both Luck and Rodgers can score from 20 yards out with a run, you disagree?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson deserves the lion's share (if not all) of the credit for Seattle's season. Experts will point to Seattle's 3rd ranked rushing attack or their 4th ranked defense (1st in points allowed), or maybe the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick has more passing yards than him--but what do they know? It's important to have an agenda and see it through to completion, amirite?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Totally wrong.

We now have defensive linemen running the 40 as fast as linebackers used to, backers as fast as db's were. Defenses have too many fast guys out there anymore, how do you compete vs that, yep, amobile QB. A guy who can make them pay, a guy who can get outside.
    so your idea is to draft rg3 one year, go for it, then tank the next year and draft rg4 the next one?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I figured you had enought common sense to know I'm talking about a change, guess not. Not surprised.

Answer my question, you really haven't heard the talk?

How about we compare Luck and Rodgers with Manning. Eli and Brady, see the difference? Joe Flacco???? Both Luck and Rodgers can score from 20 yards out with a run, you disagree?
    Who gives a about the "talk" you hear from Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders who have an agenda to hype up as many black QBs as possible?

Luck and Rodgers are primarily pocket passers that have the occasional run. Rodgers and Luck both averaged roughly 16 rush yards a game this year, so either one having a 20+ yard touchdown run would be pretty unusual and unexpected. They're considered pretty traditional pocket passers by everyone who doesn't have an agenda to promote mobile/black QBs.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Totally wrong.

The Patriots and Giants managed just fine last year without a QB who can make them pay and get to the outside.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    so your idea is to draft rg3 one year, go for it, then tank the next year and draft rg4 the next one?
    Nope~!

You have to go with the times, everything screams.....extent the play, mobility.......in todays NFL. I'm not talking about a sprinter at QB, I'm talking about somebody who can run. The days of a Dan Marino are coming to an end. These guys today have to have some escapism, they can't just stand there.

Yes I know all about Brady/Peyton/Drew but how many of those are out there? Look at what the colleges are playing now, look at who has won the last three Heismans, yep...running QB's. That's where it's heading.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Patriots and Giants managed just fine last year without a QB who can make them pay and get to the outside.
    I'll go really slow....

I'm talking about the direction NFL QBing is heading, do you disagree?

Watch these playoff games I guarantee we'll hear about.....mobility at the NFL QB position....a few times. You disagree?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Nope~!

You have to go with the times, everything screams.....extent the play, mobility.......in todays NFL. I'm not talking about a sprinter at QB, I'm talking about somebody who can run. The days of a Dan Marino are coming to an end. These guys today have to have some escapism, they can't just stand there.

Yes I know all about Brady/Peyton/Drew but how many of those are out there? Look at what the colleges are playing now, look at who has won the last three Heismans, yep...running QB's. That's where it's heading.
    of course there aren't many of those great pocket passers, but as long as there is at least one in a decent team, monkeyballers will never be THE guys to look for. You can hype them as much as you want, find 100 new records they broke, they will still be damaged goods soon enough.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    sup Avante

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'll go really slow....

I'm talking about the direction NFL QBing is heading, do you disagree?
    Yes. One single season where mobile QBs have more success than they normally do (and you all but admitted this new direction didn't start till this season since you're refusing to talk about last season) does not mean the NFL is heading in a new direction. I would need to see multiple seasons of it before I call it the NFL moving in a new direction.

This would be like saying the Dolphins having an 11-5 season in 2008 running the wildcat offense means that the NFL is heading in the direction of the wildcat.

Thread Information