Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aron Baynes is close to signing a multi-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs, a source told Sportando confirming the Tweet from Djordje Matic.
    Union Olimpija Ljubljana will get $400k as buyout for the Australian big man who averaged 13.8ppg and 9.8rpg in Euroleague this season.
    http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...the-spurs.html

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after Green another Union Olimpiija player.... Oh, he's a great rebounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yeahhhhh!!!! Finallly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to jyra for breaking the news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aron Baynes Think Tank Thread

Also a nice call by Bruno for suggesting the Spurs would go after him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like I was dead wrong in the think tank thinking the Spurs wouldn't sign him. Hope I was also wrong in thinking that Pop wouldn't play him after how he's dealt with Splitter.

Mea Culpa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like I was dead wrong in the think tank thinking the Spurs wouldn't sign him. Hope I was also wrong in thinking that Pop wouldn't play him after how he's dealt with Splitter.

Mea Culpa.
    No apologies needed...it's not like think tank players ever actually happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's also safe to say that Dejuan Blair's career as a Spur is close to ending. The Spurs asking price for Blair was higher than some teams wanted to pay initially but now that price could drop. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get dropped for a second rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he on the Australian national team too? Makes sense to bring in someone with some knowledge of the Spurs system (given how Brett Brown coached the 2012 squad).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's interesting. I really hope it's true. I'm an Australian so i'm all in for that move. As long as he gets some Playing time over the turd towers and not wasted on the bench doing nothing. He's about 6'10" 270lbs so he could be a nice interior presence. I read this line about him sometime last year.

Aron Baynes continues dominance in Europe

Aron has been playing incredible in Europe with a huge game yesterday 19 points, 16 rebounds and 3 assists. Its only a matter of time till Aron is in the NBA, His manager Daniel Moldovan has confirmed that there is 2 NBA GM's following Aron very closely and I'm sure there would be a few more!

Wander if RC was one of the two GM's keeping an eye on him back then. I hope this is true and the deal is going to be done soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's also safe to say that Dejuan Blair's career as a Spur is close to ending. The Spurs asking price for Blair was higher than some teams wanted to pay initially but now that price could drop. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get dropped for a second rounder.
    Especially if Baynes' contract gets the salary up to the lux tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he on the Australian national team too? Makes sense to bring in someone with some knowledge of the Spurs system (given how Brett Brown coached the 2012 squad).
    From wikipedia:
    Baynes played for the Australian National team in the London 2012 Olympic games. Although he only averaged 12 minutes a game, Baynes finished as the Boomers' fifth-leading scorer and had averages of 7.5 points, 3.3 rebounds and an impressive 65% field-goal accuracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially if Baynes' contract gets the salary up to the lux tax.
    He's gone. He and Blair are basically the same from a player mold standpoint and I don't think the Spurs would have dropped 400k on a buyout if they didn't really like him and plan on using him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is good but not very good. he plays as veteran-calmed, good rebounder but i dont think to save us. of course better than dejuan. if he fits a little, we can use taigo as a part of a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My questions are how is his pick-and-roll game with regards to catching and finishing?

If he ever does play it would probably be with Duncan and Splitter resting I would guess in lieu of Diaw at center for those rare minutes in games, and with either Ginobili or De Colo on the court at the same time Baynes will need to be able to catch some difficult passes and finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is good but not very good. he plays as veteran-calmed, good rebounder but i dont think to save us. of course better than dejuan. if he fits a little, we can use taigo as a part of a trade.
    Tiago's in favor with Pop right now though, a little late but nevertheless.

He's here for depth; you do realize it's gotten to the point where Kawhi plays as the fourth big for stretches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My questions are how is his pick-and-roll game with regards to catching and finishing?

If he ever does play it would probably be with Duncan and Splitter resting I would guess in lieu of Diaw at center for those rare minutes in games, and with either Ginobili or De Colo on the court at the same time Baynes will need to be able to catch some difficult passes and finish.
    Or tip in Patty's Kobe assists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He has some pretty good hands. His go to play in the Olympics was finishing alleyoop passes out of the pick and roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has some pretty good hands. His go to play in the Olympics was finishing alleyoop passes out of the pick and roll.
    65% FG? That makes Tiago look like Kwame Brown on the finishing end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @turkish spurs fan: he is good but not very good. he plays as veteran-calmed, good rebounder but i dont think to save us. of course better than dejuan. if he fits a little, we can use taigo as a part of a trade.
    How many of his games exactly have you watched hm?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news! Another player from my hometown team to play for Spurs (first Danny, now Aron).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depth chart:

Parker/Neal (move him to SG pls)/Mills/De Colo
    Green/Ginobili
    Leonard/Jackson
    Duncan/Diaw/Bonner
    Splitter/(Baynes?)

Blair likely dumped for a top 55 protected pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i live in europe bro and i follow euroleague. you re closer, what do you think? with baynes, will the spurs bigs be enough to be nba champion? i am not sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i live in europe bro and i follow euroleague. you re closer, what do you think? with baynes, will the spurs bigs be enough to be nba champion? i am not sure.
    The Spurs bigs most important in the postseason are Duncan, Splitter, and Diaw.

Thread Information