Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/T..._big_man011813

It quite rules out Spurs for a 2 teams trade but they could still be a part of a 3 way trade if the third team doesn't like Williams.
    Hey, Bonner and Blair are "bigs."

Maybe they'll foolishly want Drew Gooden (who can actually be pretty good when he's the sole competent big man on a team). Milwaukee would probably jump at the chance to get rid of him, and if they don't want Williams, the Spurs' expirings may be off good use. So maybe something like this would work:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ap8db3d

The Spurs get back Williams and Amundson, the Bucks get Bonnner, Neal and $1 Million and the Wolves get Gooden and Blair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want a big, Maybe the wolves want in on either of the Milsap/Jefferson duo. They have interesting parts to package with him to make the money work too. I know Williams is in the doghouse but I think this forum is undervaluing him. as if Blair's knees are going to get better if he moves to Minni or anywhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe I am in the minority, but I am just not all that impressed with Williams. However, if he helps us rid ourselves of Blair and Bonner, I guess I can get behind having him on the team.

Still, I want extra draft picks in this draft, at least 1 if not 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Johnson & Gelabale (both just added to the roster) playing most all the crunch-time minutes tonight, DW probably lowered his trade value, maybe some teams will stay away from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Houston apparently trying to get Randolph from the Grizzlies, it seems likely that they will have to trade a couple of the power-forwards to clear enough space. Memphis has a lot of bigs, and I doubt they'd really want three or four more on their roster. If Minnesota is looking for bigs, Houston seems like the best trade partner. The thing is, Houston won't have the cap space to take both Randolph and Williams without finding a way to move Asik or Lin. So if Memphis doesn't want Williams, then the Wolves will have to look for a fourth team to take him.

Enter the Spurs? Possibly. They have the guards and expiring contracts to fill the Grizzlies' coffers enough to make the numbers work. If they can find a fifth team to take Blair (or if the Wolves want him), then facilitating the trade should be easy:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axfr52o

Something like this could certainly go down. It's probably more likely that team like Phoenix plays the fourth-team role and just take Williams for nothing. But I imagine that Williams' value is at an all-time low right now, and Bonner, Neal and a first (probably to Memphis) really seems like fair value if the Wolves get the big(s) they want from Houston.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he is ok :57 mark he gets a dunk to end the half and after he lands goes to his knees, could be foot/thigh injury. He did play in the 2nd half so that is a good thing, but something to keep track of.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Houston apparently trying to get Randolph from the Grizzlies, it seems likely that they will have to trade a couple of the power-forwards to clear enough space. Memphis has a lot of bigs, and I doubt they'd really want three or four more on their roster. If Minnesota is looking for bigs, Houston seems like the best trade partner. The thing is, Houston won't have the cap space to take both Randolph and Williams without finding a way to move Asik or Lin. So if Memphis doesn't want Williams, then the Wolves will have to look for a fourth team to take him.

Enter the Spurs? Possibly. They have the guards and expiring contracts to fill the Grizzlies' coffers enough to make the numbers work. If they can find a fifth team to take Blair (or if the Wolves want him), then facilitating the trade should be easy:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axfr52o

Something like this could certainly go down. It's probably more likely that team like Phoenix plays the fourth-team role and just take Williams for nothing. But I imagine that Williams' value is at an all-time low right now, and Bonner, Neal and a first (probably to Memphis) really seems like fair value if the Wolves get the big(s) they want from Houston.
    Feels like Memphis is not getting enough back, unlike Gay, taking back salary won't be enough to get Randolph imo, the Grizz will want some serious assets in return...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would absolutely love to see him in a spurs jersey. They may accept a trade with just danny green, considering how well he would fit there and how depleted they are at the sg. I still think he is a sf not a pf, so working on weight and speed should be priority since he can already shoot and rebound (for a sf that is). Moving Kawhi to sg and pair him with Derrick, makes me salivate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would absolutely love to see him in a spurs jersey. They may accept a trade with just danny green, considering how well he would fit there and how depleted they are at the sg. I still think he is a sf not a pf, so working on weight and speed should be priority since he can already shoot and rebound (for a sf that is). Moving Kawhi to sg and pair him with Derrick, makes me salivate.
    Much rather have KL at the 3 for his defense. These days the SF position we go up against are the most dangerous.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much rather have KL at the 3 for his defense. These days the SF position we go up against are the most dangerous.
    Well with an athlete like Williams you probably can get away with switching him on SGs on D so it's not necessarily contradictory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well with an athlete like Williams you probably can get away with switching him on SGs on D so it's not necessarily contradictory.
    the problem is Durant's height.. Kawhi can follow him speedwise and guard him properly, but Durant can still score over him, that's why i'm thinking right now we'd be better off tryin to adapt diaw to guard him on the perimeter, since the paint is locked anyway with the timmy-splitter combo. Someone like Derrick who is 6-8 and very atletic, could be a good matchup for Durant.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is Durant's height.. Kawhi can follow him speedwise and guard him properly, but Durant can still score over him, that's why i'm thinking right now we'd be better off tryin to adapt diaw to guard him on the perimeter, since the paint is locked anyway with the timmy-splitter combo. Someone like Derrick who is 6-8 and very atletic, could be a good matchup for Durant.
    I actually agree with your original idea of playing KY SG, now regarding Durant's case, no one can probably contest his shots, so it comes down to denying him the ball and steals, something KY is pretty good at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually agree with your original idea of playing KY SG, now regarding Durant's case, no one can probably contest his shots, so it comes down to denying him the ball and steals, something KY is pretty good at.
    Yep. I actually think the Spurs are set up well enough to contest Durant. The issue is Ibaka and KMart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is plenty tall enough to defend Durant. Their standing reaches are only four inches apart, so it's not like Durant has a lot of room to get his shot off. Also, it's rare to block shots on the perimeter. Defenders usually obstruct the vision of their man while moving them off their spots. If Durant can't see the basket and has to move somewhere he's not comfortable to shoot, then he's much more likely to miss. As PP said, no one is going to block Durant's jumpshots. KD has a higher standing reach than Splitter does. It's just like defending Dirk. Players like Jack could check him because they were aggressive with bodying Dirk up and getting a hand in his face. Even Kawhi has had success against Dirk, and it's almost impossible to block a shot with that kind of arch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the Hoopsrumors website:

"This isn't the first time we've heard about the Celtics' interest in Re , as David Baumann of SportsTalkFlorida.com reported last week (
    via Twitter) that the C's "covet" the 28-year-old. In order to make any trade work financially, Boston would have to send out at least a few million in salary, and that's assuming the Magic wouldn't try to include any of their less-desirable contracts. When Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities discussed potential Timberwolves' interest in Re three weeks ago, he noted it would take Derrick Williams and a first-round pick to get Orlando's attention, so the Duke product won't come cheap."

A few things to react to:

(1) It would take Williams + a 1st (at least) for Re . Should contextualize the Williams asking price some.
    (2) If the C's and Wolves want and undersized SG who can shoot lights out, maybe they'll accept a cheaper version in Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A few things to react to:

(1) It would take Williams + a 1st (at least) for Re . Should contextualize the Williams asking price some.
    (2) If the C's and Wolves want and undersized SG who can shoot lights out, maybe they'll accept a cheaper version in Neal.
    Neal, Blair, Bonner and a 1st for Williams

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams + pick for Green + Bonbon

Bonbon would be a good fit for them, a nice backup for Love. But they probably need a center more than anything... Would save the Spurs some money for the off season too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams + pick for Green + Bonbon

Bonbon would be a good fit for them, a nice backup for Love. But they probably need a center more than anything... Would save the Spurs some money for the off season too.
    Why do you keep proposing silly deals to get rid of Green?
    I get that you don't like the guy, but quit being stupid. Manu isn't going to play more than 28 MPG at the 2 (and probably less than that, and will likely miss several more games due to injury and rest). Who's the best 2 : Green, Neal, De Colo, Mills and CoJo? Of all of them, IMO it's Green by a longshot, and I think Pop agrees with me.
    We have 2 effective SF - Kawhi and SJax, so pulling Kawhi over to man the two simply moves the minutes problem to the SF spot. Not to mention, that given Kawhi has only seen very limited minutes at the 2 - he might be less effective there with more minutes.
    So quit proposing to get rid of Green without bringing back a 2 guard somehow (or at least another SF to allow Kawhi to move down). Preferably a better one than Green - which will actually take some doing, with only 3.75 million in Salary cap space to work with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy price for Re tbh. He is barely better than Neal.

Minny would do a Green/Williams swap in a heartbeat, but the Spurs wouldn't. I still like the idea of Neal + Blair + Bonner for Williams + Amundson. I think it's good trade for both teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that you don't like the guy, but quit being stupid. Manu isn't going to play more than 28 MPG at the 2 (and probably less than that, and will likely miss several more games due to injury and rest). Who's the best 2 : Green, Neal, De Colo, Mills and CoJo? Of all of them, IMO it's Green by a longshot, and I think Pop agrees with me.
    We have 2 effective SF - Kawhi and SJax, so pulling Kawhi over to man the two simply moves the minutes problem to the SF spot. Not to mention, that given Kawhi has only seen very limited minutes at the 2 - he might be less effective there with more minutes.
    So quit proposing to get rid of Green without bringing back a 2 guard somehow (or at least another SF to allow Kawhi to move down). Preferably a better one than Green - which will actually take some doing, with only 3.75 million in Salary cap space to work with.
    He wants Diaw to play the three, with Williams getting some backup minutes there, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between Green and Neal is microbial imo tbh and I think De Colo is a SG as well, and would be a very good option next to TP. To each his own.

That said I don't think the current Williams is really much better than Green either, he finishes at the rim much better but the size is what sets him apart. Someone with that kind of athleticism as a 3-small ball 4, the best position in the league at the top at least, could be incredibly precious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams had a double-double tonight with 18 and 11. He only shot 6/17, but he had 8FTA. It looks like he's still trying to be a perimeter player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278352

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Green's going anywhere, Pop's fallen in love with him. Same can be said of Bonbon...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Green's going anywhere, Pop's fallen in love with him. Same can be said of Bonbon...
    What is clear to me is that Bonbon won't be paid 1M to go away, no way that happens, so really it's either they trade him now or we get one more year of Bonbon. I wouldn't put it passed the FO to also re-sign Blair........

Thread Information