My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would give up Blair at best for this scrub
    overhyped Euro because of a bad draft class with no basketball skills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's another legitimate candidate for getting value out of Bonner's contract. I wouldn't mind getting him to sit on the bench the rest of the year and replace Jack next season. Working with Chip could really help Vesely add to his game.

I probably wouldn't give up a first for him, though, unless it was in a draft-night deal and there was no one the Spurs wanted at 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I see him more as a 4 than a 3.

And I know he has been awful with Wizards but I really liked how he played in Europe. It would be a big gamble but I think Spurs system and coaching staff could save his NBA career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting that in the four games Wall has been back that Vesely's minutes were 5, 24, 10, and 3. Because part of Grunfeld's excuse machine for Vesely early in the year was that he played better with Wall and once Wall was back then Vesely would be performing. 10.5 minutes a game for 2.5 points average doesn't scream that he's a priority for the coaches still. They're 3-1 with Wall back and little contribution from Vesely, so maybe he could be had.

He makes too much for a Blair/Neal trade. Mills can veto a deal, but I guess Joseph is available.

IF the Spurs have truly moved on from Bonner, then sure, he'd work.

Booker is finally back and playing again, I'd be in for a Bonner/Blair + 2nds deal for Vesely/Booker, it would even save the Spurs a little money.

But the limit of the Spurs not being able to trade their 2013 first until draft night probably keeps Vesely out of reach during this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards play in SA on Feb. 2nd, so the Spurs will be able to get a close up look at him in the few minutes he plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the limit of the Spurs not being able to trade their 2013 first until draft night
    Spurs can trade their 2013 first round pick right now if they want it.

What isn't allowed is trading consecutive future first round pick. Spurs having traded away their 2012 first round pick doesn't matter because it's a past first round pick. What Spurs can't do is trading their 2013 and 2014 first round picks but all the teams have that limitation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my mistake, you are right.

Well, that makes me more optimistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like him tbh

He played ok in Europe, but he is more athletic than 99% of the players over there. Doesn't happen in the NBA. Can't shoot and completely lost on offense and defense.

For nothing (Bonner + Blair) I would do it to see how he develops in SAS environment. Would not give a pick or anything relevant though. It's very possible that the Wiz don't even take the option of the last year of in his rookie contract (a la Wes Johnson). To me he is a bust just like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I see him more as a 4 than a 3.

And I know he has been awful with Wizards but I really liked how he played in Europe. It would be a big gamble but I think Spurs system and coaching staff could save his NBA career.
    It looks like he has a lot of filling out to do if he wants to play the four. I understand with his height and lack of an outside game, that's going to be his natural position, but I can't see him succeeding there any time soon if he doesn't develop a shot at least out to about 17 feet. If he learns how to shoot the corner three, then he pretty much can be a small-forward in the Spurs' system. He seems to have the athleticism to defend threes, and from what I've seen, he's a good slasher. I think he'd start out as a combo-forward and move toward one position or the other as his NBA skills become more realized.

I also think that Jack would be playing at the four a lot if he were to get re-signed. It just seems like he's getting too slow to defend these new three-guard lineups we're starting to see, and would be better suited against the smaller fours in the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't make the rotation this year but I'd be all for it. Then again they could decide it's too much money for a project when they are in win now mode but I'd like the move...

I'd send Bonner and one of the midgets, I'd even send Green even tho it'd break my heart...................

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DNP-CD tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Baynes, I actually like spurs' big rotation of td/split/Boris/Baynes/bonner. Instead of another 4, I'd rather see spurs go for more of the 3/4 combo type given the league has moved that way. Someone like Casspi, who is looking for a new start btw, comes to mind.

Per woj, he did recently asked to be traded: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...175312160.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have always liked Casspi he plays with a lot of passion and SJ ain't getting any younger. But I would wait until the summer to try and get him just not worth it right now to do this trade right this season. But sad to say that after this season SJ will not be in a Spurs uniform next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, he is in the doghouse. Chris Singleton isn't playing too and has played a very similar role for them than Vesely (ultra mobile defensive minded PF). IMO, Vesely and Singleton fates are somewhat linked. Wizards might want to keep working with one and the other will be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anything from Vesely that suggests he's an NBA player. Good athlete but that's it. No perimeter skills. No interior skills. No instincts. No nothing, tbh, over than random hustle plays that come along because he's athletic.

He was horrible as a rookie and now his numbers are even worse as a sop re. And it looks like it's even mental now as evidence by his 6-for-27 shooting at the line.

He would have to improve GREATLY to even be a decent backup. I wouldn't touch Vesely for anything of any value during the season. Yes, I'd rather have Bonner and maybe even Blair over him. For sure would rather have Neal and Joseph.

The only way I'd advocate for Vesely would be in the offseason where they could put him through a full summer league and training camp before making a decision on whether to go forward with him. Trading for him now would be a waste of a roster spot because there's no way he could help this team this season.

Homeless man's Stromile Swift.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm a big hater of the guy, seen him playing at partizan and was absolutely stunned when i heard he was going to be a lottery pick. I've become a hater when i read about the Kirilenko comparison which in my mind is the worst comparison ever. He is a good guy, don't get me wrong, but he is not an nba player, he can't shoot, can't hit ft, can't defend, has a very low BBIQ and doesn't have a position. He has a lot of athleticism and that's really it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this dude is seriously in contention for worst player in the league. most scrubs have some basketball talents, this guy has 0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously he'd be a project...

But the sad thing is the Spurs are not known to develop players, more like the other way around, most get worse here...

Also pretty funny that most wouldn't touch this guy who has tons of potential but are happy as with a scrub like Danny Green who can't make a layup or a simple pass for the same amount of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously he'd be a project...

But the sad thing is the Spurs are not known to develop players, more like the other way around, most get worse here...

Also pretty funny that most wouldn't touch this guy who has tons of potential but are happy as with a scrub like Danny Green who can't make a layup or a simple pass for the same amount of money.
    Man, Danny Green is in the worse slump of his career and he's still better than Vesely has even been in the NBA. No one in their right minds should ever consider trading Green for him if their goal is to win games.

Maybe he'll be the guy on draft night whom the Spurs get for Bonner's deal. I'd consider him decent value there if the Spurs don't owe a pick. But for this season, even Matt is too important to move for Vesely unless there is also someone like Booker coming in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, Danny Green is in the worse slump of his career and he's still better than Vesely has even been in the NBA. No one in their right minds should ever consider trading Green for him if their goal is to win games.
    Wasn't that when Green was scrubing in Europe? Meanwhile Vesely the Dunking Ninja was beasting??

Or are you talking about his nba career with the Spurs, a small sample size really, he has scrubed much longer than he has been ok and even when people say he's great he's only ok to me, not ok in general either, ok for the money, not the kind of steal the Spurs propaganda makes him out to be... His D has terrible flaws, he's horrendous at fighting through screens for instance and at individual D in general, his help D is ok some of the time as well as his full court pressure but you'd think there was more to him the way people are talking about him... Gary Neal is good at drawing charges, nobody is passing him as a defensive force, he has also twice the offensive game... Anyway back to the point, Vesely has some rreal potential on D, sure he can't shoot to save his life but the starting PF of the Spurs got hacked last year, Vesely never worked with the best shooting coach in the league and to me the best staff member at his position in the whole org.

Maybe he'll be the guy on draft night whom the Spurs get for Bonner's deal. I'd consider him decent value there if the Spurs don't owe a pick. But for this season, even Matt is too important to move for Vesely unless there is also someone like Booker coming in.
    I don't think the Wizards need both Vesely and Singleton, who have kind of the same role and are both at the very end of the bench, seems like Vesely would be the one they would part with first because he had a bigger contract but I'd take any of these two as a project.

Bonner was useless for years, getting a high ceiling project for someone who can't play in the PO is a no brainer to me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't that when Green was scrubing in Europe? Meanwhile Vesely the Dunking Ninja was beasting??

Or are you talking about his nba career with the Spurs, a small sample size really, he has scrubed much longer than he has been ok and even when people say he's great he's only ok to me, not ok in general either, ok for the money, not the kind of steal the Spurs propaganda makes him out to be... His D has terrible flaws, he's horrendous at fighting through screens for instance and at individual D in general, his help D is ok some of the time as well as his full court pressure but you'd think there was more to him the way people are talking about him... Gary Neal is good at drawing charges, nobody is passing him as a defensive force, he has also twice the offensive game... Anyway back to the point, Vesely has some rreal potential on D, sure he can't shoot to save his life but the starting PF of the Spurs got hacked last year, Vesely never worked with the best shooting coach in the league and to me the best staff member at his position in the whole org.

I don't think the Wizards need both Vesely and Singleton, who have kind of the same role and are both at the very end of the bench, seems like Vesely would be the one they would part with first because he had a bigger contract but I'd take any of these two as a project.

Bonner was useless for years, getting a high ceiling project for someone who can't play in the PO is a no brainer to me...
    No. Playing in Europe and playing the NBA are two different things. There are plenty of players who were good in one league but couldn't make it in another. The fact that Green didn't really have any time to adjust to being in a new place (I'd assume it's often harder for Americans, seeing as most players from Europe of Latin America get pretty used to international travel) should give him the benefit of the doubt.

His time in the NBA is not a small sample. We've been over this. He has averaged about the same per-minute production his entire career; the only thing that has changed has been his minutes. In college, he was clearly a top-50 player and averaged good numbers there, too. So it's a lot easier to believe he's actually the player he shows himself to be in his good stretches than in his bad ones.

Meanwhile, Vesely has gotten more than a fair shake to show that he hasn't adapted to the NBA game at all. As Bruno has stated, that could be the Wizards' fault. But no one is thinking that his numbers from Europe should put him ahead of player with real NBA production like you're saying. Green has been better than almost every two-guard starter that's been with the Spurs in the last decade. If Green wasn't here, someone like Bogans would be, and who the wants that to happen?

You're always en led to your opinion, but you should ask yourself: If the numbers say he's been good, and other people say he's been good, why should your eyeball evaluation take precedence?

As far as Vesely goes, he's not a rotation player this year, so it doesn't make sense to give up rotation players for him until at least the off-season. I think he has to change his body in order to have a position in the NBA. Right now, he's a small-forward with no perimeter game or a power-forward with no girth or post game. I don't even think he could stay on the court.
    I'm much rather take Singleton if he's available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chinook with the POTD

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're always en led to your opinion, but you should ask yourself: If the numbers say he's been good, and other people say he's been good, why should your eyeball evaluation take precedence?
    Actually he scrubed both with the Cavs and in Europe, so not everyone was sold like you say. Also he has the lowest PER of any starter, kinda confirms my point that he's the weak link if there's one, not only from the eyeball test but also stat wise. Yeah I know the out of position excuse is coming, ridiculous stuff, like with the College/Europe talk we won't ever agree on that... And his PER was even lower last year but somehow he's in the worst slump of his illustrious career right now...

82games also has the team allowing 3 point per 48min less with Green off the court while he's playing a lot with the best defensive unit of TP KY Tim and Tiago (who all allow less points when on the court), meaning he really sucks on D to be able to have such a weak stat playing with the best of the best on D. The Spurs score less with him on the court as well despite his legendary floor spacing, although marginally, so stats back the eyes test but somehow to you a random stat from a small sample (Thunder series) is more telling...

As far as Vesely goes, he's not a rotation player this year, so it doesn't make sense to give up rotation players for him until at least the off-season. I think he has to change his body in order to have a position in the NBA. Right now, he's a small-forward with no perimeter game or a power-forward with no girth or post game. I don't even think he could stay on the court.
    I'm much rather take Singleton if he's available.
    Josh Smith is a deadly Small Forward who should never shoot 3s, let's not be as rigid as Pop when it comes to the players having to fit the system and not the other way around. That said you're probably right that it'd be a better idea in the off season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line I'm just extremely disturbed that Pop likes Green enough to never ever try someone else when he has guys like Neal and De Colo ( and Anderson at the time) while he went as far as to experiment starting Blair again. I can't understand it.

Thread Information