Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    that's telling me

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Still:

The text of S.150 has not yet been received from GPO
    Is this another bill they have to vote on to know what's actually in it?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that's me telling you not to cry.

I didn't think it would actually stop you from crying.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    settle down comrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been thinking of making a troll. Perhaps someone even more militantly leftist than bouties.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I've been thinking of making a troll. Perhaps someone even more militantly leftist than bouties.
    LOL...

A troll making a troll...

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=FuzzyLumpkins;6321811I've been thinking of making a troll. Perhaps someone even more militantly leftist than bouties.[/QUOTE]
    you mean just like your fuzzylumpkins troll?

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop being a bunch of stupid ers. The threat is at the state level. NY is trying to make all legal gun owners register all their guns. If you can't see that the reason is for future confiscation after another tragedy then you are a moron.

ter McGee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop being a bunch of stupid ers. The threat is at the state level. NY is trying to make all legal gun owners register all their guns. If you can't see that the reason is for future confiscation after another tragedy then you are a moron.

ter McGee
    The reason why they want to register guns is so they can track them and do studies about the effects of gun ownership as well as help in criminal and similar types of investigations. One of the main issues that are prohibiting studies regarding guns is that there is no way to know what guns are where and thus determine the truth of things such as the deterrence assertion that gun enthusiasts claim as well as issues of public safety.

You register your car and they have no interest in taking that and SCOTUS was very explicit in saying that gun confiscation is uncons utional. I am not calling you a moron but I will say that you are ignorant and poorly informed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

A troll making a troll...

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...
    So whose troll does your dumbass think I am? Agloco, TSA, EN? Continue to make a fool of yourself by your guessing games by all means.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    settle down comrade
    That's telling me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :lo l

For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was “showing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...t-at-gun-show/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Did We Become ‘ less Armchair Warriors’?

Bill Maher closed out his show by declaring that America needs to stop saying it’s the home of the brave and start acting like it. He cited the nation’s huge defense budget and compared the United States to a paranoid crazy man who keeps spending money on alarms and guns and cameras but doesn’t have enough left over to take care of his house or send his kids to college. Maher asked, “would you call him brave?” before comparing the nation’ emphasis on defense to American manhood.

Maher bemoaned how the United States now seems to be full of “ less armchair warriors,” starting with Manti Te’o. He joked that despite Te’o's numerous head injuries, he still answeredKatie Couric‘s questions better than Sarah Palin.

But Maher mostly saw Te’o as a symbol of American manhood, that this big football player never had sex with his “girlfriend” and they instead played out an entire “relationship” online.

Maher said that Te’o's attachment to this fake girlfriend is just as “weird” as the attachment football fans have to their favorite players, suggestively insinuating there is something creepy and obsessive about it. Maher highlighted how there are now pills to deal with low testosterone, declaring that “men are in trouble when you have to juice like Lance Armstrong just to get through your anniversary.”

Maher said that all the hunting and gathering is now done by the women, and “the most masculine thing we doo all day is pee standing up.” Maher brought it right back to the Pentagon, saying it has more weapons than it need, but not more than it wants.

And as Maher asked, when you own that much weaponry, aren’t you trying to compensate for something?

Watch the video below, courtesy of HBO:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/maher-likens-defense-spending-to-declining-manhood-when-did-we-become- less-armchair-warriors/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    When Did We Become ‘ less Armchair Warriors’?

Bill Maher closed out his show by declaring that America needs to stop saying it’s the home of the brave and start acting like it. He cited the nation’s huge defense budget and compared the United States to a paranoid crazy man who keeps spending money on alarms and guns and cameras but doesn’t have enough left over to take care of his house or send his kids to college. Maher asked, “would you call him brave?” before comparing the nation’ emphasis on defense to American manhood.

Maher bemoaned how the United States now seems to be full of “ less armchair warriors,” starting with Manti Te’o. He joked that despite Te’o's numerous head injuries, he still answeredKatie Couric‘s questions better than Sarah Palin.

But Maher mostly saw Te’o as a symbol of American manhood, that this big football player never had sex with his “girlfriend” and they instead played out an entire “relationship” online.

Maher said that Te’o's attachment to this fake girlfriend is just as “weird” as the attachment football fans have to their favorite players, suggestively insinuating there is something creepy and obsessive about it. Maher highlighted how there are now pills to deal with low testosterone, declaring that “men are in trouble when you have to juice like Lance Armstrong just to get through your anniversary.”

Maher said that all the hunting and gathering is now done by the women, and “the most masculine thing we doo all day is pee standing up.” Maher brought it right back to the Pentagon, saying it has more weapons than it need, but not more than it wants.

And as Maher asked, when you own that much weaponry, aren’t you trying to compensate for something?

Watch the video below, courtesy of HBO:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/maher-likens-defense-spending-to-declining-manhood-when-did-we-become- less-armchair-warriors/
    Is this even in the right thread?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

ter McGee
    And I'm glad New Yorkers aren't rolling over. I'm reading that New York is about to see it's largest act of civil disobedience ever. Good for them.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    One of the main issues that are prohibiting studies regarding guns is that there is no way to know what guns are where and thus determine the truth of things such as the deterrence assertion that gun enthusiasts claim as well as issues of public safety.
    Thanks for proving all your quoted studies are .

I am not calling you a moron but I will say that you are ignorant and poorly informed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this even in the right thread?
    Dear Gun Fellator, lessness and guns ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE go together like gun fellators, stupidity, ignorance.

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You register your car and they have no interest in taking that and SCOTUS was very explicit in saying that gun confiscation is uncons utional. I am not calling you a moron but I will say that you are ignorant and poorly informed.
    I register my car because I use public roads. If I want to carry my gun into public facilities, I must also register it. I have no problem with this, but your analogy is .

ter McGee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason why they want to register guns is so they can track them and do studies about the effects of gun ownership as well as help in criminal and similar types of investigations. One of the main issues that are prohibiting studies regarding guns is that there is no way to know what guns are where and thus determine the truth of things such as the deterrence assertion that gun enthusiasts claim as well as issues of public safety.

Same reason they want your DNA on a national database, so they can track you. I don't want to be tracked. They don't track guns, they track people who own them since there's no way they can just find the gun using the SN. They can find the owner however. They need to learn how to track illegals entering the country first, and they cannot even do that. Guns don't get old and die, so there's no way to know how many guns are out there and who owns them, so then how do you track them? You don't, you create a law that says everyone must register their firearms prior to getting a license (new requirement) and only track the law abiding.

So how much do you want to spend each year on your new gun registrations and inspections? Oh look at that, you've got an old gun that doesn't meet current standards. You must render it inoperable and pay a 500 dollar tax stamp to own it, after registering it of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for proving all your quoted studies are .
    There is a reason why I don't cite US studies. Critical thinking. Try harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I register my car because I use public roads. If I want to carry my gun into public facilities, I must also register it. I have no problem with this, but your analogy is .

ter McGee
    That just says the analogy is not perfect. You are misrepresenting an analogy with conflation. I see this quite often: "there are differences so your analogy is ." At the end of the day there are all manner of things that all levels of government monitor and comtrol even within a private dwelling.

The bottom line is that registration of guns is not allowed by our court system to be used to confiscate your guns. In fact, you have to be doing something illegal for them to take your guns. Look up ' er Supreme Court' and the decision handed down is very clear.

I get that you don't want this to happen on privacy grounds and I respect that but using fear mongering confiscation stupidity to justify your position is unfounded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same reason they want your DNA on a national database, so they can track you. I don't want to be tracked. They don't track guns, they track people who own them since there's no way they can just find the gun using the SN. They can find the owner however. They need to learn how to track illegals entering the country first, and they cannot even do that. Guns don't get old and die, so there's no way to know how many guns are out there and who owns them, so then how do you track them? You don't, you create a law that says everyone must register their firearms prior to getting a license (new requirement) and only track the law abiding.

So how much do you want to spend each year on your new gun registrations and inspections? Oh look at that, you've got an old gun that doesn't meet current standards. You must render it inoperable and pay a 500 dollar tax stamp to own it, after registering it of course.
    Yay, more making up and acting like that is the policy intent. Why not ramp up the police state slippery slope fear mongering while your at it?

And immigration is a separate issue. If you think it should be a higher priority then perhaps you might start another thread on the topic.

You certainly love skirting around an issue. Dance, monkey, dance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this somewhere. I wonder if there is any truth to it?

Want to stop gun violence? Don’t arm Democrats:

Ft Hood shooter: Registered Democrat.
    Columbine: Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats.
    Virginia Tech: Registered Democrat.
    Colorado Theater: Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign.
    Connecticut School Shooter: Registered Democrat

Thread Information