Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Is anyone watching this show on IFC? I just stumbled upon it and it took me an episode or two but now I'm hooked. This is some quirky genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9...457149&index=2

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I thought it was something new and different for a few episodes (Aubrey Plaza helped) and then it started to lose its freshness around episode 5. It certainly is something different, I give it that.
    Last edited by SpursRock20; 01-25-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I started watching this season which is pretty funny. Watching the older shows from the first season, I can see they were trying things out but have refined the recurring bits. The feminist bookstore has got to be one of the funniest bits they do. Especially, the Steve Buscemi episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's must see TV really. Very clever and the attack on hipsters each episode is gold.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I guess I got to keep pushing through. Only seen the first 4 episodes of season 1 thus far. My favorite skit so far is the biker needing everyone to notice him. Gosh those guys are annoying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I gave it a chance after seeing a Nina/Lance skit and I'm glad I did. I got completely caught up before this season thanks to dvr. The best scenes are with the Indian guy giving the ridiculous details for the phone plans, then the menu items at a restaurant, and in this season the details for a bank loan. Also, Fred and Carrie getting hooked on Battlestar Galactica was ridiculously good

I thought it was something new and different for a few episodes (Aubrey Plaza helped) and then it started to lose its freshness around episode 5. It certainly is somethind different, I give it that.
    I guess I got to keep pushing through. Only seen the first 4 episodes of season 1 thus far. My favorite skit so far is the biker needing everyone to notice him. Gosh those guys are annoying.
    are you ing kidding? You made that review in your first post based on the first 4 episodes?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I gave it a chance after seeing a Nina/Lance skit and I'm glad I did. I got completely caught up before this season thanks to dvr. The best scenes are with the Indian guy giving the ridiculous details for the phone plans, then the menu items at a restaurant, and in this season the details for a bank loan. Also, Fred and Carrie getting hooked on Battlestar Galactica was ridiculously good

are you ing kidding? You made that review in your first post based on the first 4 episodes?
    It's not like I'm a paid critic or anything, chill. Just my view on the show. I've only began watching it a couple weeks ago. Haven't given up on it yet. It's just seemed to lull the last couple of episodes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Welcome to Portland.

Keep Portland Weird...

link: wierd pic
    If you've seen Portlandia, or you live around here, you get it that Portland considers itself unique. Look no farther than Voodoo Donuts. Can't get the Nyquil or the Pepto anymore, but the -and-Balls is still available. It looks like what it says, and is filled with white cream ...

Or you can check out the naked bike ride held every year. Several thousand folks get naked or mostly so and bike through the streets of the city, cops fore and aft.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 01-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I just think it's hilarious how Fred Armisen and the girl can play such bag characters in the skits. I've only seen it a handful of times but it was usually the funny times I saw it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's alright. The skits are very hit or miss.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just think it's hilarious how Fred Armisen and the girl can play such bag characters in the skits. I've only seen it a handful of times but it was usually the funny times I saw it.
    the only recurring characters they play that are bags are the feminist bookstore owners, Toni and Candace

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    It's very hard to enjoy when you're sober.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's alright. The skits are very hit or miss.
    yeah they seem to be unable to know when to stop. some of the premises I have seen are very funny, they just drag them out way too much.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I just found this. Where have I been?

I really like the woman's book shop skits.
    The satire on some of these NW communities hits home pretty well.
    I especially like the discussion of how one is supposed to figure out what sex and or gender they are.

Some of the skits are fails. But overall the weirdness is appreciated.
    I also like the skit where the couple hooked on Battlestar Galactica convince a random black man with the correct authors name to write new scenes for them, and the unassuming "writer" wishing to please just goes with it. Then the new author actually gets into it.
    The rush to get various scenes written is dependent on hiding the activity from his wife as the working group increases in number.
    Quite good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The restaurant scene where they order free range chicken and ask for the chicken’s papers then go visit the farm is probably their best skit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Fun show. But skits before covid.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The restaurant scene where they order free range chicken and ask for the chicken’s papers then go visit the farm is probably their best skit.
    The house sitter skit when the husband describes what will happen to your head because of a misplaced light switch.
    Then he proceeds thru a frame by frame slow mo with his head bouncing slowly across the marble counter describing how various parts of his face are destroyed in the process.

Aubrey Plaza is the house sitter watching the husband’s vivid description of each bounce of his head.

I show the scene to my wife and she can’t believe I think it’s funny.
    And then I watch it again and wonder the same.

She did think the chicken investigation was funny.

Thread Information