Page 225 of 238 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Where is it icy? I haven't seen any sort of precipitation activity in the state at all
    Seriously? Schools...businesses...counties...all kinds of are shut down today.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah as much as we about akina. it'll be a huge loss recruiting wise. he has brought in so many nfl caliber players.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah I hope they had to walk right by each other between visits. How awkward.

Interesting note, turns out Sumlin & staff were actually the second visit of the night. Strong went first.
    Alaka said Texas A&M coaches arrived first, with Kevin Sumlin joined by linebackers coach Mark Hagen and special teams/tight ends coach Jeff Banks. Since Alaka has known these coaches for a year and just took his official visit to College Station last weekend, there wasn't much pressure.

“It went pretty good. There wasn’t really much to discuss," Alaka said. "We really just sat and chatted. [Sumlin] was really just saying the same stuff, nothing new in particular."

Charlie Strong arrived at the Alaka home shortly after the Aggies coaches left. He was joined by defensive coordinator Vance Bedford and linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary, and they spent much of the night getting to know Alaka's parents.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Multiple reports confirming Nick Harvey is in Austin meeting with Texas right now.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Multiple reports confirming Nick Harvey is in Austin meeting with Texas right now.
    He's definitely there. Will be interesting to see if he lied to the a&m coaching staff. Sumlin takes that pretty serious if he indeed did lie to them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He's definitely there. Will be interesting to see if he lied to the a&m coaching staff. Sumlin takes that pretty serious if he indeed did lie to them.
    I wonder if his middle name is Knox?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    lol. What would Sumlin do about it

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    lol. What would Sumlin do about it
    lol tech. gosh that sucks.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    lol tech. gosh that sucks.
    Lol so he'd do nothing.

Lol aggy in a horn thread

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reported earlier that 2015 OL Aaron Garza of Sherman is basically opening things up and said he classifies himself as a "soft commitment" at this time. He tweeted yesterday that he hadn't heard from anyone since the coaching change. I think there's probably a reason for that.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I remember Harvey lied to OrangeBloods in March about being at the spring game even after they said they saw him there.

Max Olson ‏@max_olson
    I believe this is Nick Harvey’s 3rd “secret" Texas visit. But hey, maybe there have been more.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Brian Luc Jean-Mary ‏@luc_brian
    The next chapter in my book of life has led me to the University of Texas. Can't wait to work with the great HS talent in the State of Texas

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas Tech QB Clayton Nicholas is transferring to Bowling Green.

Webb is going to back himself up next year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas reporting Texas has inquired about LB Christian Britt of Ingleside. Apparently Strong told his high school coach UT would offer with proof that he can qualify (may explain his lack of offers). This obviously could be seen as a back-up plan in case LB Otaro Alaka chooses A&M, but another interesting theory is LB Andrew Beck potentially moving to H-back on offense. Many of you may remember him being talked about as a TE when UT started recruiting him in the spring. Anyway, this is not a kid who should only have two offers.

http://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Britt-32283

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/397240/h...407?********=1

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Texas Tech QB Clayton Nicholas is transferring to Bowling Green.

Webb is going to back himself up next year.
    He announced that before Brewer did.

I'm wondering if Tech will have Mahomes back up Webb when he comes on or gamble with another walk on/transfer

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lol so he'd do nothing.

Lol aggy in a horn thread
    If you can't figure it out it isn't worth mentioning.

How's it any different then you being in here? Lmao There's a lot more recruiting battles between the two flagship universities in this State than your university.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If you can't figure it out it isn't worth mentioning.
    I figured out he'd do nothing

How's it any different then you being in here? Lmao There's a lot more recruiting battles between the two flagship universities in this State than your university.
    I don't cry that others are obsessed with my school before posting in this thread.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Apparently a quote from Nick Harvey from an ESPN Insider article:

"Playing in front of the 12 th man, you’re either with them or against them,” Harvey said. “It was tough because the top athlete in Texas usually ends up at UT, but at the same time, it’s not about the history; it’s about the future. I’m trying to start something different and great at A&M.”
    Such a strange recruitment, even though he has been committed for so long.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nothing really strange about it. It's obvious he's a kid who just enjoys spitting bull even when he doesn't really have to do so. Some people are just naturally like that and enjoy it. Can't really trust people like that on a personal level, but shouldn't hinder his ability to play football because his teammates will have him figured out before he ever steps on a field.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nothing really strange about it. It's obvious he's a kid who just enjoys spitting bull even when he doesn't really have to do so. Some people are just naturally like that and enjoy it. Can't really trust people like that on a personal level, but shouldn't hinder his ability to play football because his teammates will have him figured out before he ever steps on a field.
    I don't know Nick Harvey, but your assessment doesn't take into consideration the role his parents have played in his recruitment. I believe his parents have strongly favored him going to Texas. I'm guessing that this may just be a case of their son wanting to attend A&M but appeasing his parents by taking another visit/look to UT. I don't think he's "spitting bull " as you say...interested to see how this plays out...would be a huge get for Strong and Co.

longhorn_FB: Q&A with head strength and conditioning coach Pat Moorer - http://t.co/9gPHQpRxIO http://t.co/6hUVrDhlKh

Moorer: We're going to be in such great shape that you'll be able to play the game the way it's supposed to be played: with great physical and mental toughness. You play with great intensity. You don't ask anybody to play like that if you haven't trained them to do it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know Nick Harvey, but your assessment doesn't take into consideration the role his parents have played in his recruitment. I believe his parents have strongly favored him going to Texas. I'm guessing that this may just be a case of their son wanting to attend A&M but appeasing his parents by taking another visit/look to UT. I don't think he's "spitting bull " as you say...interested to see how this plays out...would be a huge get for Strong and Co.
    That had nothing to do with him continuously lying to people. If his parents want him to take visits then all he has to do is say he's going to take visits. He holds the cards here because both programs want him and won't turn him away as long as he qualifies and doesn't get into major legal trouble.

There's absolutely no reason to lie which means his frequent lies are more a product of personality than necessity. As a former psych profiler I've seen it over and over in many people.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    '14 DE Kolin Hill, who is committed to Notre Dame, has received an offer from Texas. He had an unofficial visit to Texas in the fall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    '15 QB Ricky Town out of California has de-committed from Alabama. Most likely due to the change of OC at Alabama. He was recruited by Major Applewhite and visited Texas last summer. Many believed he choosed between Alabama and Texas when he decided for Alabama.

Thread Information