Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 is ridiculous. No hate on Bonner for that one. He did damn well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn...nice job bonner........so is that red head that is always at the spurs game, bonners brother?

Stern is the reason
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well thank god Irving didn't shoot like that on Wednesday night!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner definitely shouldve went first... Him shooting with pressure, eh... I don't think that's his strong suit

Stern is the reason
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner definitely shouldve went first... Him shooting with pressure, eh... I don't think that's his strong suit
    20 in the final round is enough to win it EVERY OTHER YEAR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn just watched on DVR. How the did Kyrie Irving get 23?? Good job Matty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Stern and his marketing ploys kept Bonner out all them other years... damn shame...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is bs that Bonner should've been in awhile back, finally gets in, actually shoots very well but Irving is on some hot streak right now. hopefully Bonner can get in next year though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I decided to drop in for a rare appearance, because I knew Bonner finally got into the 3P contest.

All the people who claim that Bonner's release is so ridiculously slow, and that he couldn't possibly compete in a 3P Contest because of it? you. There's no nicer way to put it... just You. You don't know about shooting, or what a quick release looks like. You never did. (You even argued when Sean Elliott said that he has a quick release, as if Sean doesn't know anything about shooting.) You know who you are.

Bonner acquitted himself extremely well. Facing down a score of 23, he managed to drop 20, which would win most years. I've seen other "clutch" shooters totally collapse in the finals, when the first guy puts up just a decent number. I remember Terry Porter scoring 11 or 12 in a finals. Craig Hodges scored 25 in the first round, and then pissed up a 12 when Bird dropped a 22 on him. ... I don't think Reggie Miller ever scored more than 19.

That being said, the next time Bonner is in the playoffs, he WILL be a brick machine, and a pylon on defense.

And, finally, I come back and read one freaking thread, and see the abortion below. Maybe it's just because I've been away, but it has taken over in my mind as the stupidest post I have ever read, here or anywhere else. Yes, it gets bonus points because the troll who wrote it has obviously been in some math classes (or read a lot of Wikipedia articles). But I've never, never seen anyone go so far to pretend to be an expert, and still put up something so utterly non-sequitir. I started listing all the things wrong with it, and it literally gave me a headache. Seriously... what the do you mean that "the shots follow the binomial distribution"? I'm speechless.

For the record, it's physics, not luck that determines whether a shot goes in. And, among the hundred or so things wrong with your post, you apparently presume that a flat shot has the same "chance" to go in as one that has a lot of air under it? If stupidity was criminal, you'd be facing capital punishment. I'd pink your dumb ass, just on principles.

Gauss is rolling in his grave.

You agree that a coin flip has a 50% probability, right? Perform 20 series of 85 coin flips (85 = # of Bonner career playoff 3 point attempts). Will all 20 series have exactly n=42.5 heads? Of course not. That'll be approximately the average, but you'll likely see some much higher and some much lower. One might be as low as, say, 30 heads.

So here's the key question: That 30 heads, that was, say, Series #6. Was that unlucky? Yes it was. But does that mean the next time you do this that series #6 will continue to be unlucky? It might be, it might not be.... but we don't know that. Having had bad luck in the past tells you NOTHING about whether it'll be lucky in the future.

Does this translate to basketball? Yes it does. Because even if we DO say, hey, basketball is different, it's not a coin flip. There's skill and pressure and the human element involved. Yes, that's true, there is. But it only affects the outcome to a small degree. The shots STILL follow the binomial distribution, even with the human element, so it's an inarguable FACT that some players will have been less lucky in the past, and that it does not tell you anything about how they will perform in the future.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Bonner, dude came up big time. Hopefully it carries some confidence to the regular games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad he lost.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    wtf? why do ST posters hate Bonner so much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn irving going to have plenty of other times to get his trophies and awards, couldn't let ginger get his glory tonight tho smh..

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cause he does bad in the playoffs. That's all. Hate a person they don't know it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he beat NOVAK..I'm good with that

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he still choked tbh

Bonner is methodically good enough to win this contest running away.

he almost choked the 1st round away. and the 2nd round, he choked around the begining. still give him credit to come out fighting at the end of the 2nd round. tbh Kyrie was not to be denied no matter what so Bonner in the end did a respectable showing. Still, in an empty gym he probably would average 25+ pts per round

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matty did well. 20 and 19 are very good. Just ran into a hot player. Hope it carries over to the playoffs.

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he still choked tbh

Bonner is methodically good enough to win this contest running away.

he almost choked the 1st round away. and the 2nd round, he choked around the begining. still give him credit to come out fighting at the end of the 2nd round. tbh Kyrie was not to be denied no matter what so Bonner in the end did a respectable showing. Still, in an empty gym he probably would average 25+ pts per round
    And Curry shot a 27 in an empty gym but a 17 in the comp. EVERYBODY finds it tougher when the lights come on not just Matt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Curry shot a 27 in an empty gym but a 17 in the comp. EVERYBODY finds it tougher when the lights come on not just Matt.
    well this is true. tonight also proves Bonner is just another choker in a league full of chokers. Really clutch players really probably amount to 10% of the entire league. So in the end Bonner is no different than 90% of the league.

just look at NOvak dude probably makes 90% 3pt shots in an empty gym and tonight he looked like a complete bufoon

tbh no wonder Lebron's and such are scared of All Star compe ions. dudes get exposed in these kind of events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad he lost, doesn't mean I hate him. Maybe I like Irving more...maybe just maybe? Since you love him so much, email his brother and pe ion that he gets traded to the Rockets. Will be fun watching people blow past him for easy buckets, in a Rockets uniform.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember correctly, Hornacek won his second three point shootout with a final round score of 13. He beat out Ray Allen and Dirk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buck Harvey: The rise of Red Mamba fits NBA
    Posted on February 17, 2013 at 1:22 am by Buck Harvey

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...amba-fits-nba/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buck Harvey: The rise of Red Mamba fits NBA
    Posted on February 17, 2013 at 1:22 am by Buck Harvey

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...amba-fits-nba/
    Red Mamba? I think they've mixed up Matt "Red Rocket" Bonner and Brian "White Mamba" Scalabrine....

Thread Information