• All-star

101 46.33%
  • Good Role player

34 15.60%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's ceiling is higher, but he usually doesn't come close to being as good as Green is on Green's "exceptional nights." Go back and look at timvp's grades if you don't believe me. You'll see a lot of them showing how Leonard would be relatively ineffective in him man defense. That was the case in most of the games where he was racking up his steals. As I said above, Kawhi and Danny have different defensive strengths. Before Green's recent defensive drought, he was consistently the Spurs' best perimeter defender. Well, as consistent as Green can be at anything.

You'll get no argument from me that Leonard's best nights are truly magnificent. He's been able to really affect players like Durant. But Green has also flat-out erased some good guards this year. If he can get back to that in addition to becoming more consistent from three and continuing to expand his drive game, I think he will have reached his ceiling. But he'd be a fine player and a legitimate starter on most teams.
    Ginobili/Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just not true. Ginobili was doing a good job, though. He's been hurt for a good portion of the time I was talking about, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kawahi will be an all-star but not a superstar. I can see him consistently averaging around 18 and 10. I see him more as a second option type player.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    dude needs to develop a consistent 3pt shooting skill to be considered a legit all-star player. he's no more than a solid role player as of now imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude needs to develop a consistent 3pt shooting skill to be considered a legit all-star player. he's no more than a solid role player as of now imho.
    3pt winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well today was the birth of 3 point KL. Even better a clutch KL.

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Is the guy that said Roddy Beaubois had Nashs shot, Roses athleticism, and Parkers speed and finishing ability (after a couple of 20 pt games) really laughing at spurfan for being excited about Kawhi? The same guy that thinks Dirk was the 2nd best PF of all-time even before 2011?
    he also said stupid about dominique jones too.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know if anyone posted this.
    Pop
    I think [Leonard] going to be a star. And as time goes on, he’ll be the face of the Spurs I think. At both ends of the court, he is really a special player. And what makes me be so confident about him is that he wants it so badly. He wants to be a good player, I mean a great player. He comes early, he stays late, and he’s coachable, he’s just like a sponge. When you consider he’s only had one year of college and no training camp yet, you can see that he’s going to be something else.
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-of-the-spurs/

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently he is a solid role player. Looking at what kind of player he was in college and how his game improved going into the best basketball league in the world, I cannot help but believe he is an all-star in the making. I think Kawhi needs to get much better at creating space for his own shot (maybe something like a step back jumper... it could open up a deadly hesitation dribble), and finish at a much higher clip around the rim on his first attempt. His interior passing could also use work. I believe defensively, he just needs a little bit more consistency. If he can develop a couple of those things, then he is a sure fire all star and possible superstar depending on how the coach decides to use him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it depends on where you draw the line between all star and superstar. granted, this isn't a Kawhi career trajectory prediction thread, but rather, his ceiling aka the best he could POSSIBLY be. if you're going by ceiling, sure, why not superstar? I'm looking at the Bulls game and thinking how much he can do with a post game and an even further polished mid range shot. he could easily be better than Rudy Gay, for example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol comparing KL to matrix, wtf is this ...

the only person in matrix lifetime that he ever shut down was lebron james and nobody else, this guy is overrated as ...

if he was that damn good on defense, the suns wouldve gotten pass the spurs from 05-07,

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    lol comparing KL to matrix, wtf is this ...

the only person in matrix lifetime that he ever shut down was lebron james and nobody else, this guy is overrated as ...

if he was that damn good on defense, the suns wouldve gotten pass the spurs from 05-07,
    are you saying lebron is overrated, or that marion was overrated because he shut down the league's best two players (bron and durant) in the same year almost single-handedly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All star. Maybe 20 PPG game player that is a monster on D.. Rare to have both in this league..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player in the nba tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you saying lebron is overrated, or that marion was overrated because he shut down the league's best two players (bron and durant) in the same year almost single-handedly?
    there are guys who been doing it for their whole career, this clown has one good run, all of a sudden his untouchable....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to say. People had high hopes for Blair as well after a "breakout game" by him. We'll see. It has to do with how he approaches the game, and how much the trainers up his natural abilities by teaching him solid fundamentals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

Kawhi had that fire in his eyes tonight tbh !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor mans lebron james

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also lol at comparing a guy who is capable of doing like this^ to Shane Battier. I have never seen a poster consistently pump out re ed takes like stretch does tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better Iguodala?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more like pistons ghill or knicks spree

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    I like Leonard. A VERY similar game he plays to that of Sefolosha..agree? Great defender, often overlooked on offense, shoot limited 3 pointers but at a high %..slashes to the rim on occassion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Leonard. A VERY similar game he plays to that of Sefolosha..agree? Great defender, often overlooked on offense, shoot limited 3 pointers but at a high %..slashes to the rim on occassion.
    his ceiling is higher than Sefo, no hit to Sefo I'm a fan of him but Leonard is doing stuff at his age Sefo never did. His ball handling is surprisingly good, he can create his own shot, his mid range jumper is looking good...

I like hater poor mans lebron yeah sounds about right

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a keeper!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I wish this poll was public. That said, I voted all-star. Not perennial all-star, but one or two years.

Thread Information