My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan. http://tinyurl.com/br53wjq

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    flop city ain't gonna give up bledsoe AND jordan for the 36yr old tbh, but it's easy to see the celts are looking to rebuild

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If this trade goes down, the Thunderefs are officially fcked...

Blake's offensive game combined with KG's defense would be formidable for the rest of the league to go against, tbh... plus, KG's contract comes off the books just in time for LeBron's free agency

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I hate this trade. It the epitome of being short sighted.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I hate this trade. It the epitome of being short sighted.
    How so? It helps the Clippers in the short term by instantly improving their chances at coming out of the West and winning a ring.... then it helps LAC longterm by getting them out of DJ's fat contract and freeing up space for a max free agent in 2014 once KG comes off the books... I'm not seeing any present or future downside to this, tbh....

I know I'd rather not take my chances in the playoffs with a headcase who couldn't get minutes over Kenyon Martin last year if a first-ballot Hall of Famer and champion who can still be productive is available....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so? It helps the Clippers in the short term by instantly improving their chances at coming out of the West and winning a ring.... then it helps LAC longterm by getting them out of DJ's fat contract and freeing up space for a max free agent in 2014 once KG comes off the books... I'm not seeing any present or future downside to this, tbh....

I know I'd rather not take my chances in the playoffs with a headcase who couldn't get minutes over Kenyon Martin last year if a first-ballot Hall of Famer and champion who can still be productive is available....
    Sure there is.

You're giving two young, promising players for an old one.

Garnett is not going to be the difference in winning a championship this year or not for the Clippers.

It is a short gain and a risky move at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to do this trade if you're the Clippers. Jordan will become a liability in the playoffs with his poor FT shooting and low basketball IQ, and Bledsoe is gone after '14 anyway. As for the backup PG situation, Vinny can tweak the rotation to where Billups becomes the backup PG without having to come off the bench.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    There is no guarantee that Chauncey Billups body will hold up. He has yet to prove that this season. The Clippers bench isn't the same without Ebled. EBled provide so much relief for the Clippers guards in the short minutes he plays. He saves CP3 from a lot of wear and tear, allows Crawford to play off the ball in the second unit.

I like DJ who I just don't think is a good fit with VDN. VDN can't coach defensive players who are limited offensively. Both Thabo Sefolosha and Luol Deng thrived playing away from VDN. I would prefer to go with what the Clippers have and trade Bledsoe in the draft, similar to what the Spurs did when they traded George Hill for Kawhi Leonard. I would also obviously like to see the Clippers get a coaching upgrade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure there is.

You're giving two young, promising players for an old one.

Garnett is not going to be the difference in winning a championship this year or not for the Clippers.

It is a short gain and a risky move at that.
    DeAndre has been a "promising young player" since '10. Never really panned out as the paint anchor people thought he'd become. And like I said in my previous post, he'll be seeing a lot of the bench in a playoff series, due to his poor freethrow shooting and low basketball IQ. DeAndre is not a guy you want getting major minutes in a playoff series. He works better as an "energy guy" off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no guarantee that Chauncey Billups body will hold up. He has yet to prove that this season. The Clippers bench isn't the same without Ebled. EBled provide so much relief for the Clippers guards in the short minutes he plays. He saves CP3 from a lot of wear and tear, allows Crawford to play off the ball in the second unit.

I like DJ who I just don't think is a good fit with VDN. VDN can't coach defensive players who are limited offensively. Both Thabo Sefolosha and Luol Deng thrived playing away from VDN. I would prefer to go with what the Clippers have and trade Bledsoe in the draft, similar to what the Spurs did when they traded George Hill for Kawhi Leonard. I would also obviously like to see the Clippers get a coaching upgrade...
    Very good point.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    From Steve Perrin of ClipsNation:
    "Chandler and Jordan.
    I've long maintained that Tyson Chandler should be DeAndre Jordan's role model, and the two will go up against one another today. There are many similarities. They are first and second in the NBA in field goal percentage (though Chandler is way ahead at a ridiculous 67 percent). They both have found themselves at the other end of Chris Paul lobs on many occasions. And if you're looking for reason to believe that Jordan will continue to improve, consider that Chandler was selected to his first All Star game this season in his 12th season in the league. Jordan has been in the league five years. After five years, Chicago gave up on Chandler and traded him to New Orleans for the 37 year old P.J. Brown (and J.R. Smith as it happens, though Smith was promptly waived). Chandler was not the defensive force his is now really until he'd been in the league 8 or 9 seasons. Perhaps Jordan will continue to develop in a similar manner."

http://www.clipsnation.com/2013/2/9/...-the-big-stage

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Refusing to try to maximize our chances at a le under the assumption that DJ will be the next Chandler is lunacy.... this is a win-now team, we can't even put in the time to develop DJ to that point...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    :O

Clippers is a win-now team? Ching chang chong, something happened in the last hours or something?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this trade goes down, the Thunderefs are officially fcked...

Blake's offensive game combined with KG's defense would be formidable for the rest of the league to go against, tbh... plus, KG's contract comes off the books just in time for LeBron's free agency
    Like Clippers owner isnt cheap , who only recently is spending money

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Refusing to try to maximize our chances at a le under the assumption that DJ will be the next Chandler is lunacy.... this is a win-now team, we can't even put in the time to develop DJ to that point...
    My man I really like this Clippers team,but don't you think it's too much for Garnett? If you trade Jordan,then your big man rotation is what? KG/Griffin/Odom? This are practically the same type of players.Forwards with a decent-to-elite jumper,good passers but none rebound or bang inside.You can live with trading Bledsoe (although you would need VDN to make adjustments) but trading DJ too is too much imo.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does Boston get out of this deal? KG can play more minutes, has a nice midrange game, is a better all-around defender, can play 3-5, and Jordan has the same number of years at only a slightly lower salary. And Bledsoe? Really nice defensive backup PG, but you'd certainly expect to get a better centerpiece than him when trading a still valuable big like Garnett. If the Clippers can get this deal they should take it and run, as it'll greatly improve their team this year and next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does Boston get out of this deal? KG can play more minutes, has a nice midrange game, is a better all-around defender, can play 3-5, and Jordan has the same number of years at only a slightly lower salary. And Bledsoe? Really nice defensive backup PG, but you'd certainly expect to get a better centerpiece than him when trading a still valuable big like Garnett. If the Clippers can get this deal they should take it and run, as it'll greatly improve their team this year and next.
    Its a moot point as KG just announced he wouldn't waive his no trade clause under any cir stance. "I will live and Die Green."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a moot point as KG just announced he wouldn't waive his no trade clause under any cir stance. "I will live and Die Green."
    Might as well save face and announce that after the Clippers front office let it be known they're not down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well save face and announce that after the Clippers front office let it be known they're not down.
    They said that?

What a bunch of re s

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Its a moot point as KG just announced he wouldn't waive his no trade clause under any cir stance.
    He said that before he got shipped to the Celtics, too... the Clippers also feel they can convince him to waive it if they're able to strike a deal with the Celtics, and I don't think that's unreasonable, because he'd be upgrading in team and getting to reunite with his good friend Chauncey Billups...

FWIW, CP3 and Blake seem to be down with KG joining the squad:

"I think people are just talking," Paul said. "At the end of the day, who wouldn't want to have Kevin Garnett on their team? I talk about that guy all day, every day, his intensity to the game and how he plays the game. He's a special player. That's a guy right there that I looked up to for a long time. Me and Chauncey (Billups) are really close and he and Chauncey are really close and everything I know about him is that he's a very loyal guy."
    Griffin said Garnett was one of the players he looked up to and patterned his game after growing up and welcomed the opportunity to play with him at some point if a trade happened.
    "I think we need to be better," Griffin said. "I think we have enough talent to be a championship contender ... Sometimes you have to plant the seeds and let them grow and all that but with the pieces we have now is the time to continually keep attacking and make those moves to be a championship team."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if ur the clippers u do this trade, winning a ring is better than none...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They said that?

What a bunch of re s
    Yeah, just more proof that they're the worst organization in all of American sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG's the perfect compliment player for monkeyballers, they should go with this deal.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Boston shouldn't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That deal would be good for the Spurs... D.Jordan can stop TD, Garnett can't...Bledsoe always plays well against us too...

Thread Information