Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder would improve big time considering the match ups vs. the Spurs. Gortat played decent to well against the Spurs, he would be much more efficient defending the P&R than Perkins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to write about it. Gortat is better player for Thunder, rather than Perkins. Since there isnt any heavy weight center in the west, OKC could use Gortat ofensive game. Plus I think he is better rebounder and help defense player than Perk. It would suck for me, since a ing hate Thunderefs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs would need one of those trades to happen if the thunder get tatas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to write about it. Gortat is better player for Thunder, rather than Perkins. Since there isnt any heavy weight center in the west, OKC could use Gortat ofensive game. Plus I think he is better rebounder and help defense player than Perk. It would suck for me, since a ing hate Thunderefs
    Yeah, but Perkins post defense is useful vs TD...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but Perkins post defense is useful vs TD...
    Cant argue with that, but Gortat is more dreadful player for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant argue with that, but Gortat is more dreadful player for Spurs.
    You are thinking about the 2011-2012 Gortat, Spurs no longer has Blair in the starting lineup, and without Perkins the Grizzlies could take them out tbh.
    Last edited by Brunodf; 02-20-2013 at 11:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That OKC-PHX rumor is all about saving money for OKC. Lamb plus a first round pick (especially if it's the Toronto pick) is a steep price to pay to exchange Perkins for Gortat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If it happens, Bucks will have to shed some salary to re-sign all three. A trade like Bonner for Udoh or Bonner+Blair for Mbah A Moute, could be nice options for Bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't fear Gortat at all. Timmy has way more problems trying to score on Perkins than on Gortat. Gortat is soft. Timmy eats soft players alive. Obviously Gortat would give us more problems because he can hit the mid-range and he is a good P&R player, but defensively I don't see a big problem. In fact, i like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it happens, Bucks will have to shed some salary to re-sign all three. A trade like Bonner for Udoh or Bonner+Blair for Mbah A Moute, could be nice options for Bucks.
    Yes to both trades. If they're not including Monta, then they will have to include Ersan right? Can they still use the amnesty clause on Gooden?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes to both trades. If they're not including Monta, then they will have to include Ersan right? Can they still use the amnesty clause on Gooden?
    They have enough expiring contracts to make a deal for Smith with Udrih and Dalembert. Gooden can and should be amnestied.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't a Bonner + Blair for Mbah a Moute trade give the Bucks like 8 bigs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder get a lot better in that proposed deal. A lot better.

Perkins has been pretty damn bad, and when motivated (playing for a contender/contract/or genuinely happy with situation) Gortat is a damn solid/versatile defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sort of like pick your poison defensively with perkins and gortat. perkins clearly has the better post defense but weaker in the pick and roll D. with gortat he's the better pick and roll defender but not as strong in the post. but offensively gortat is clearly better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are the Suns in such a hurry to trade Gortat? I've heard the rumors, I just don't get them. He's a quality/skilled center. He may not be a number one guy, but he could be coupled with a number one and maybe morph into a number 2, but he is at least a number 3 guy. He gets no recognition because he plays on a bad team. But if he went to the Thunder, by virtue of playing with Durrant and Westbrook, he would probably be a perrenial all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If OKC can get this deal done they are 10 steps ahead of every other front office as far as payroll management. Perkins has played relatively bad all year. To get an interior defender like Gortat would great for them. At the end of the day you could basically say that OKC traded Harden and Perkins for Martin and Gortat. Not bad considering they were gonna have to let go of one of their big 3 at the beginning of the year. I can tell Sam Presti learned a thing or 2 with San Antonio by trading Harden at the beginning of the year instead of deadline day. Apparently Ferry did not. If this deal goes through, then well done Presti.
    And who gave Perkins that fat extension that they're now looking to shed? They could have kept Harden if the Perkins deal wasn't on the books.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are thinking about the 2011-2012 Gortat, Spurs no longer has Blair in the starting lineup, and without Perkins the Grizzlies could take them out tbh.
    It`s not that. Perkins only give OKC post defense. Gortat maybe softer, but he is mobile, better P&R defender. It`s important vs Spurs and Clippers. Plus his contract expire after next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per rotoworld Celtics are open to dealing Fab Melo for backcourt help. Now THAT would be interesting, though not sure who they'd want from us if Melo is a guy our FO is interested in. He's as much in the "project" stage as Baynes, but is much younger with much more upside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't fear Gortat at all. Timmy has way more problems trying to score on Perkins than on Gortat. Gortat is soft. Timmy eats soft players alive. Obviously Gortat would give us more problems because he can hit the mid-range and he is a good P&R player, but defensively I don't see a big problem. In fact, i like it.
    Against us in the playoffs Perkins was hitting jumpers like Ibaka anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a trade for Smith or Jefferson is unlikely. What I don't get is the report that the spurs would not be interested in either because of the salary cap issues. First obviously, the spurs would have to match salaries, and in either trades spurs could actually dump more salary than they would be taking on. Now, if the report about the salaries has to do with the spurs ability to resign a player after this year, then it makes a little more sense. Still, a one year rental that helps the spurs obtain a 5th championship would be deemed worth it IMO, especially if the package has to do jackson, spare parts, picks and rights to oversea players. If the spurs don't make a trade for Jefferson or Smith, I don't think it has anything to do with this years salary cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gortat doesn't do much on a team with Durant and Chunkbrook. OKC plays outside first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't a Bonner + Blair for Mbah a Moute trade give the Bucks like 8 bigs?
    I see Bruno's suggestion as more of a part of a multi-team deal as opposed to a straight-up trade.

Something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b7xqbjh

Where the Spurs get Mbah a Moute, the Bucks get Blair, Smith and maybe another player to make the numbers work, and the Hawks get Bonner and another expiring from Milwaukee in addition to some sweeteners. (I used Henson here, and I think that's a good price in addition to a first.) That give Atlanta some assets while not taking away much cap space. It gives Milwaukee a big to replace Henson while ridding them of a redundant player (Mbah a Moute and Smith pretty much player the same position), and it gives the Spurs one of the most versatile defenders in the league.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sort of like pick your poison defensively with perkins and gortat. perkins clearly has the better post defense but weaker in the pick and roll D. with gortat he's the better pick and roll defender but not as strong in the post. but offensively gortat is clearly better
    Vast majority of his offense is finishing PnR (i.e. - a less efficient Splitter), and I don't think Westbrook is the right PG to bring that out of him.

Defensively, he is better on PnR that Perkins, but not a lot. FWIW, Suns bad defense has actually been slightly worse with him on the floor (1.09 ppp) than when he's on the bench (1.08 ppp).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch Kupchak was on the radio right now on ESPN stating that D Howard is the future of the Lakers and that they would NOT trade Howard and made it seem they wouldn't even consider it. He stated he's received calls for Howard, but that he does not have interest in trading Howard. When asked about Gasol, his answer was totally different. He seemed like he was open to trading Gasol. He said "I don't see us trading Pau today or tomorrow." However, he was not for sure like he was when asked about trading Howard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vast majority of his offense is finishing PnR (i.e. - a less efficient Splitter), and I don't think Westbrook is the right PG to bring that out of him.

Defensively, he is better on PnR that Perkins, but not a lot. FWIW, Suns bad defense has actually been slightly worse with him on the floor (1.09 ppp) than when he's on the bench (1.08 ppp).
    true that gortat was getting spoon fed alot by nash and westbrook is basically a diffrent type of guard.but gortat still has a decent 15 ft jumpshot imo

also intresting defensive stats

Thread Information