Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it depends how you value him. Personally, I'll do it only if Spurs are confident they would be able to re-sign him.
    For the deal you are proposing, why would you care if you can resign him or not. You aren't giving up anything of value and even a one year rental (assuming you believe in Josh Smith's basketball abilities) would help this year.

If you are only giving up Jax/Blair/Bonner/CoJo, it should be a no brainer regardless then.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do I have the feeling that the Spurs wont trade Blair and/or Jackson before the trade deadline?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion is head and shoulders ahead of either Green or Bonner. Our 1st will likely be #30, not like we're giving up a lottery pick.

Our wing rotation of Kawhi/Manu/Jackson/Marion is about as elite defensively as you can get. Gives us endless players to throw at Westbrook, Durant, Wade and Lebron. Moving Kawhi to the 2 would give him a more expansive role in the starting unit that he doesn't get at the 3.

At first I thought it was too much, but the more I think about it the more I like it.
    No way would I give up Bonner, a 1st round pick, and a 25 year old Green for a 35 year old Marion. I guarantee the Spurs would never make that trade either. They would rather keep this team intact than make a deal like that.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 02-17-2013 at 07:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the deal you are proposing, why would you care if you can resign him or not. You aren't giving up anything of value and even a one year rental (assuming you believe in Josh Smith's basketball abilities) would help this year.

If you are only giving up Jax/Blair/Bonner/CoJo, it should be a no brainer regardless then.
    We were talking about giving up a future lottery pick for Smith. It's something valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do I have the feeling that the Spurs wont trade Blair and/or Jackson before the trade deadline?
    I don't know about the other deals being discussed, but if the Spurs don't trade Blair it wont be for a lack of trying. They are trying to move. It just depends on whether or not they are moving him regardless and just take the best offer (whatever that may be) or if they value Blair enough and dont get an offer they like they just hold him then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way would I give up Bonner, a 1st round pick, and a 25 year old Green for a 35 year old Marion. I guarantee the Spurs would never make that trade either. They would rather keep this team intact than make a deal like that.
    What is it exactly that is so valuable in that trade? Bonner isn't even in the main rotation, a #30 pick is almost certainly not going to be a player who can contribute before Duncan retires, and Green who is a talented player on a good contract but Marion is superior to him in almost every aspect. Marion can defend multiple positions, something which Green can't do, and he has experience at the highest level. Not to mention he won a le having to guard both Durant and Lebron on the Mavs run.

If we were looking at a pick in the low 20s I'd say it's definitely not worth it, but a #30 is very unlikely to be a player who can help us win.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ^^ blair can easily be moved .................. multiple teams have expressed legit interest including the defending nba champs ....................
    the fact that blair has not been traded shows the spurs see blair as an integral part of the playoff run................

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ blair can easily be moved .................. multiple teams have expressed legit interest including the defending nba champs ....................
    the fact that blair has not been traded shows the spurs see blair as an integral part of the playoff run................
    That's it. Plonk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good lord i hope you're completely wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair is going to be moved if the spurs get a decent deal. it is best for both parties.blair is not getting any minutes in the playoffs..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's difficult to believe that first sentence when that second sentence doesn't make any sense. No one is going to land Josh Smith for cheap. I doubt the Spurs want to give up Splitter or Leonard for Smith. But outside of giving up one of those two, I don't think the Spurs have the assets to compete with other offers.
    i don't think the sentences are mutually exclusive. Teams knowing that there is a strong possibility Smith leaves ATL may be offering players ATL isnt high on with long term deals. See the Celtics recent offer. I can see the Bucks wanting to move illysova in the same vein. The next best thing may be to retain as much as the cap relief from Smiths expiring deal, and get value out of the difference. The net difference if Jax is moved is about 3M. Under this framework I can see the Spurs putting together good value for 3M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans want Smith, but don't want to include Leonard or Splitter.

That's not gonna happen. At least Splitter has to be included. Plus, even if Smith doesn't get a max contract, he could easily get a Boozer type of contract. Do you guys really want to see SA giving Smith a 75m contract? I don't.

Count me out on the Smith bandwagon. I would only be ok with it if Atlanta accepts a BK type of deal (Hump+Brooks+1st / Jack+Cory+1st) as a rental. Other than that, I pass. I don't even think he is a good fit tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I'm ok with a rental + his bird rights, if that's all we have to give up. Certainly wouldn't max him, but if the market sets a reasonable price for him this summer it'd be nice to have the option to match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why the Spurs would bother moving Blair now! Unless he is part of a bigger deal, they aren't going to get back anything that will help this year's playoff run, so there isn't any need to move him before Thursday. At least if he is on the pine, he can be a safety net against an injury!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can trade places with the Celtics first round I would do it in a heart beat......Baynes is good as Blair as far as insurance at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans want Smith, but don't want to include Leonard or Splitter.

That's not gonna happen. At least Splitter has to be included. Plus, even if Smith doesn't get a max contract, he could easily get a Boozer type of contract. Do you guys really want to see SA giving Smith a 75m contract? I don't.

Count me out on the Smith bandwagon. I would only be ok with it if Atlanta accepts a BK type of deal (Hump+Brooks+1st / Jack+Cory+1st) as a rental. Other than that, I pass. I don't even think he is a good fit tbh.
    If you're thinking of Smith as anything other than a rental, you might as well include Splitter. There is no way in SA would re-sign both of them this summer. The league also has to sign off on the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why the Spurs would bother moving Blair now! Unless he is part of a bigger deal, they aren't going to get back anything that will help this year's playoff run, so there isn't any need to move him before Thursday. At least if he is on the pine, he can be a safety net against an injury!
    You're thinking short term. Blair himself will not help on the playoff run. If you can get even a second rounder, maybe you turn it into another DeColo or Blair or Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're thinking short term. Blair himself will not help on the playoff run. If you can get even a second rounder, maybe you turn it into another DeColo or Blair or Green.
    Agreed! But don't see the benefit of doing it before the trade deadline!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed! But don't see the benefit of doing it before the trade deadline!
    Can't do it after the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't do it after the deadline.
    Off season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only in a sign and trade. Blair will be a free agent this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only in a sign and trade. Blair will be a free agent this summer.
    Touche!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blair sucks so bad on rebounds. he's pretty useless on defense too, beside a few loose balls. sometimes addition is made by subtraction. with blair gone, pop has to play baynes or run extra minutes for bonner or diaw. anything is better than blair because he sucks so bad on rebounds and defense. heck with blair gone, the spurs get a look at 10 day contract d leaguers. that's better than blair at this point! at least there's a future in it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the blair is a horrible rebounder myth is pure hatred ...................

if blair is a horrible rebounder than splitter & daiw are atrocious..................

Thread Information