Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ball went off LeBroom on the second shot Kobe blocked tbh, should have never gotten those free throws

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ with the sig worthy quote on Kobe:
    Last prominent PG the lakers played:

24 points, 13 ast.

Looks like Kobe really ing wants it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron is actually lucky because he will continue to play the Thunder in the Finals for years to come. OKC is too young and weak minded to play mind games with Lebron. Plus James and Durant being buttbuddies doesn't help Durant's chances tbh... you need some hate in you to give you that extra edge.

A talented, savvy, determined group of veteran players a la 2011 Mavs would be all up in his ass and Lebron would inevitably meltdown again.

It's like many people said before, Lebron has the talent but he let's outside sources, stuff irrelevant to the game, affect him like this whole Kobe/Jordan situation.
    this is why I don't respect Lebron he's doin this in an era when the league is watered down and all the remaining great players are past their primes....he doesn't have the mental capacity to be a MJ or Kobe....he doesn't even have the nasty mindset of a Reggie Miller....Kobe is the only player left that can and has the ability to mind Bron...dude wouldn't have stood a chance against prime MJ or Kobe

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    @ people thinking Lebron was actually giving a on those two shot attempts. Those were two incredibly half-assed shot attempts. In a serious game, on the first shot that was blocked, if he had a help defender retreating like he did, he would drive into him and either score or get a foul. The second one, he was barely jogging, didn't use his body, didn't adjust, it was just a lazy drive altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, no respect for the MVP on AOL/Yahoo....

That trophy would look a lot better without that awful NBA logo plastered across it. It's Chris Paul's trophy. We don't need to be reminded of the league he plays in.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    @ people thinking Lebron was actually giving a on those two shot attempts. Those were two incredibly half-assed shot attempts. In a serious game, on the first shot that was blocked, if he had a help defender retreating like he did, he would drive into him and either score or get a foul. The second one, he was barely jogging, didn't use his body, didn't adjust, it was just a lazy drive altogether.
    sure sherlock...whateva you say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know it's bad when this is the highlight of your season even with 30 games to go ......
    yep

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    koolaid thinks durant will surpass lebron next season? wtf gtfo, dude hasnt shown us this season that he has improved from last season, even with harden gone, he would get more shots...but those shots have all gone to westbrick...
    Huh. Durant has improved noticeably from last season. His TS% is up a solid amount without much of a drop in usage, his assist % is up, he's getting to the FT line more, his turnover rate is down, and he's leading the league in win shares at the all star break.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

just to keep it fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should have seen it live....This was my 5th ASG and it was the best one for me because of the crowd reaction to what Kobe did to Bron...Busta Rhymes and his crew sat a 2 rows in front of me. Flo-Rida a few rows down. Shannon Brown and his wife Monica, RG3, was in in my immediate handshake zone...along with tons of celebrities everyone was cringing at how Kobe was clowning Lebron...everyone was just waiting on the last 5 min of the game when gets seriously and bragging rights are established...if u sat close enough you could hear Lebron in the late stages yelling at George to get him the ball....he was very vocal...even Blake got vocal and KD was heard telling Kobe D him (Lebron) up... was hilarious...Wade and KG was laughing at Bron and Kobe going 1 on 1..Bron was going hard out there and Kobe had that I want to play you 1 on 1 look in his eyes..everyone just cleared out to let them go at each other...and you know it had to come to that in light of MJ picking Kobe over Lebron...Kobe was looking to clown Lebron in front of the world when he knew everyone was watching you could just tell...it doesn't take away from the fact that Lebron is the games best player today but I think Durant will surpass him next year.

the fact that Kobe blocked Lebron isn't the main highlight for me..it's the fact that people say that a prime Lebron is better than a prime Kobe and even after Kobe said he'd beat Bron 1 on 1 in his sleep people still think no one could play Lebron 1 on 1..Kobe dispelled that notion last night...with no one setting picks for him Kobe SHUT HIS ASS DOWN. Lebron was looking for his Heat teammatesto set a pick that he could go around and then speed to the basket for a dunk but they made that face Kobe straight up...and you saw the result...Prime Kobe would have (like I've said many many times) destroyed Bron 1 on 1..what you guys didn't see (likely due to commercial break) Kobe was all in Lebron's face challenging him...and at one point Jay Z pulled Kobe to the side and was laughing with him for clowning Lebron....

go back to the last game we lost to Miami..when they put Bron on Kobe...point is Kobe either shook him outta his pants or posted him up at will...even when Kobe didn't score on Bron in that game he made it clear to Bron by posting him up with ease that: "You can't guard me son." Even Wade had to shake Kobe's hand after that game...

final point is that Kobe can defend Lebron 1 on 1 with no help...in just that small span of 5 minutes without the protection of the refs Kobe got into Lebron's head and Bron and it was obvious to everyone sitting close enough to the court who could see his face and demeanor...if Kobe could do that to Bron after just 5 min of defending him 1 on 1 imagine how bad MJ would have skull ed Lebron
    you weren't there...stop lying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is actually lucky because he will continue to play the Thunder in the Finals for years to come. OKC is too young and weak minded to play mind games with Lebron. Plus James and Durant being buttbuddies doesn't help Durant's chances tbh... you need some hate in you to give you that extra edge.

A talented, savvy, determined group of veteran players a la 2011 Mavs would be all up in his ass and Lebron would inevitably meltdown again.

It's like many people said before, Lebron has the talent but he let's outside sources, stuff irrelevant to the game, affect him like this whole Kobe/Jordan situation.
    how did he let the Kobe/Jordan situation affect him?..

Kobefan takes ASGs very seriously..

I hope you aren't referring to Lebron answering a question about it through the media, btw..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you weren't there...stop lying.
    quit hatin...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if u say lebron is playin in a watered down league, then why does kobe need pau, howard and nash?

hence tell me why the lakers is missing the playoffs this season?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    how did he let the Kobe/Jordan situation affect him?..

Kobefan takes ASGs very seriously..

I hope you aren't referring to Lebron answering a question about it through the media, btw..
    Word is MJ is planning a comeback in all seriousness...imagine though if MJ teamed up a Kobe in LA...that would be historically funny and very entertaining

Kobe
    MJ
    Dwight
    Nash
    Pau

vs The Heat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is MJ is planning a comeback in all seriousness...imagine though if MJ teamed up a Kobe in LA...that would be historically funny and very entertaining

Kobe
    MJ
    Dwight
    Nash
    Pau

vs The Heat
    I'd like to see them vs. the Suns and Pistons first, tbh..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if u say lebron is playin in a watered down league, then why does kobe need pau, howard and nash?

hence tell me why the lakers is missing the playoffs this season?

learn to speak ing english...but same reason Lebron needs Wade, Bosh, and Allen ;-)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you should have seen it live....This was my 5th ASG and it was the best one for me because of the crowd reaction to what Kobe did to Bron...Busta Rhymes and his crew sat a 2 rows in front of me. Flo-Rida a few rows down. Shannon Brown and his wife Monica, RG3, was in in my immediate handshake zone...along with tons of celebrities everyone was cringing at how Kobe was clowning Lebron...everyone was just waiting on the last 5 min of the game when gets seriously and bragging rights are established...if u sat close enough you could hear Lebron in the late stages yelling at George to get him the ball....he was very vocal...even Blake got vocal and KD was heard telling Kobe D him (Lebron) up... was hilarious...Wade and KG was laughing at Bron and Kobe going 1 on 1..Bron was going hard out there and Kobe had that I want to play you 1 on 1 look in his eyes..everyone just cleared out to let them go at each other...and you know it had to come to that in light of MJ picking Kobe over Lebron...Kobe was looking to clown Lebron in front of the world when he knew everyone was watching you could just tell...it doesn't take away from the fact that Lebron is the games best player today but I think Durant will surpass him next year.

the fact that Kobe blocked Lebron isn't the main highlight for me..it's the fact that people say that a prime Lebron is better than a prime Kobe and even after Kobe said he'd beat Bron 1 on 1 in his sleep people still think no one could play Lebron 1 on 1..Kobe dispelled that notion last night...with no one setting picks for him Kobe SHUT HIS ASS DOWN. Lebron was looking for his Heat teammatesto set a pick that he could go around and then speed to the basket for a dunk but they made that face Kobe straight up...and you saw the result...Prime Kobe would have (like I've said many many times) destroyed Bron 1 on 1..what you guys didn't see (likely due to commercial break) Kobe was all in Lebron's face challenging him...and at one point Jay Z pulled Kobe to the side and was laughing with him for clowning Lebron....

go back to the last game we lost to Miami..when they put Bron on Kobe...point is Kobe either shook him outta his pants or posted him up at will...even when Kobe didn't score on Bron in that game he made it clear to Bron by posting him up with ease that: "You can't guard me son." Even Wade had to shake Kobe's hand after that game...

final point is that Kobe can defend Lebron 1 on 1 with no help...in just that small span of 5 minutes without the protection of the refs Kobe got into Lebron's head and Bron and it was obvious to everyone sitting close enough to the court who could see his face and demeanor...if Kobe could do that to Bron after just 5 min of defending him 1 on 1 imagine how bad MJ would have skull ed Lebron
    Great Kool. I posted every clip I could find on ST and FaceBook. All the Kobe haters could do is try to that . They said nothing about Kobe getting his nose broke by Wade - because after years of watching film - he knew he was bout to get embarrassed on a national stage.

I could tell that LBJ was dejected after that . Even while he was shooting his complimentary FTAs, he wasn't jawing at Kobe or nothing. The Kang literally bowed down to Kobe in submission to a true legend.

MJ is no fool. He knows Stern and his minions made LeBron wheras Kobe had to fight for everything he got - including Shaq's jealous ass. He knew when Kobe dropped a double nickel on his ass (42 at the half - so it could have been 84 points - Kobe would rightfully get the torch passed to him.

LBJ in his prime, Kobe is not. LBJ should mop the floor with Kobe, but he can't. He's taller, bigger, jumps higher, and probably stronger. He should have sent Kobe to the retirement tree of woe. But he can't - that's why when Kobe said he'd bust his ass in his sleep, somebody must have pressed his mute button because he didn't say .

Kobe is an old school player. He doesn't get into all of the hype hat comes with his fame. He's been that way for a long time. I remember him dropping 30+ on prime MJ as a then snot nosed 19 year old. He didn't give a about the big stage and didn't shy away from taking the big shot at the end of games as evidenced by his air balls v. Utah as an 18 year old rookie. They had a 325-lb, 24 year old monster on their roster too. Even he deferred to Kobe.

LBJ can learn a lot from Kobe's cutthroat demeanor. Sure it was an ASG, but Kobe doesn't like to lose and had an axe to grind with the so-called Kang. Even at 34 and almost 45,000 minutes played (+ playoffs), he still got it. It will be a sad day when he hangs them up for good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ with the sig worthy quote on Kobe:
    Except MJ wasn't 5 games below .500 at the AS break.

This aint even good trolling. It's just sad. Even Culburn wouldn't stoop to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't a Kobe fan but everybody saw it. NBA ASG isn't about team play or fundamentals. Its about flash and entertainment. Kobe understands that and he bent over James. It is what it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LBJ in his prime, Kobe is not. LBJ should mop the floor with Kobe
    So, he does not? Because of 1 block in a meaningless game. Talk about getting your hopes up...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So, he does not? Because of 1 block in a meaningless game. Talk about getting your hopes up...
    It's not a meaningless game....just ask Lebron's homeboy's....and his dumb ass marketing manager....they mad as today....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great Kool. I posted every clip I could find on ST and FaceBook. All the Kobe haters could do is try to that . They said nothing about Kobe getting his nose broke by Wade - because after years of watching film - he knew he was bout to get embarrassed on a national stage.

I could tell that LBJ was dejected after that . Even while he was shooting his complimentary FTAs, he wasn't jawing at Kobe or nothing. The Kang literally bowed down to Kobe in submission to a true legend.

MJ is no fool. He knows Stern and his minions made LeBron wheras Kobe had to fight for everything he got - including Shaq's jealous ass. He knew when Kobe dropped a double nickel on his ass (42 at the half - so it could have been 84 points - Kobe would rightfully get the torch passed to him.

LBJ in his prime, Kobe is not. LBJ should mop the floor with Kobe, but he can't. He's taller, bigger, jumps higher, and probably stronger. He should have sent Kobe to the retirement tree of woe. But he can't - that's why when Kobe said he'd bust his ass in his sleep, somebody must have pressed his mute button because he didn't say .

Kobe is an old school player. He doesn't get into all of the hype hat comes with his fame. He's been that way for a long time. I remember him dropping 30+ on prime MJ as a then snot nosed 19 year old. He didn't give a about the big stage and didn't shy away from taking the big shot at the end of games as evidenced by his air balls v. Utah as an 18 year old rookie. They had a 325-lb, 24 year old monster on their roster too. Even he deferred to Kobe.

LBJ can learn a lot from Kobe's cutthroat demeanor. Sure it was an ASG, but Kobe doesn't like to lose and had an axe to grind with the so-called Kang. Even at 34 and almost 45,000 minutes played (+ playoffs), he still got it. It will be a sad day when he hangs them up for good.
    Too bad that "axe-to-grind" didn't translate into the Lakers winning games against the Heat that actually count.

You dip s are hilarious talking up All-Star games like they mean something.

End of the day, Lebron busted Kobe's ass to the tune of 35ppg this year.

Spin that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Look at Lebron in this post ASG vid...he looks so sad compared to Kobe....dude is salty as Kobe did that to him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4FMb8jrc3A

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao... people actually taking from the all star game seriously... this is priceless

don't they remember last season? when lebron was criticized for not attempted the game winner in the all star game, and they made a big deal of kobe getting mad at lebron for not stepping up for the big shot.

then lebron went on to win mvp, the finals, and finals mvp.

i swear lebron is the only player i know that actually gets criticized for his play in exhibition

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    kobe was lucky with the block because it glossed over what might have been the tiest performance of him in the all-star game. Kobe and DH, the only lakers who suited up this weekend, were also the only two starters in the game who ended up with single digits if i remember correct

Thread Information