My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Laker fans only bright spot of the season

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laker fans only bright spot of the season
    Let us have this one man..it's like that final cigarette before being executed

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's going to make all-NBA D because of this, unfortunately..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    James finished with 19 points and five assists while nailing three 3-pointers in 30 minutes, an admirable All-Star Game performance. But only one point was scored once Bryant took over the defensive duties late as he also blocked two shots, stole a ball and let James know all about it on the court.

"Just taking the challenge and settling in a little bit when the game gets close," Bryant said. "It's fun. I enjoy it."

Bryant surprised the sellout crowd by blocking James' 19-foot jumper with 2:39 left. Durant followed with a fast-break dunk five seconds later to give the West a 136-126 lead. The West appeared to have victory in hand, but the relentless Bryant wanted more LeBron. Bryant stole the ball from James with 53.9 seconds left which lead to a Blake Griffin dunk that pushed the West ahead further, 142-134. And for his final impressive measure, Bryant blocked another James shot with 40.9 seconds left.

Maybe Bryant wanted revenge after the Los Angeles Lakers' first encounter this season with James and the Miami Heat last month. That's when James, after making a defensive demand of his own, held Bryant to three points in that ballgame's final 5:27.

"At some point of the game when we play the Lakers we always guard each other, especially in the fourth quarter," James said. "It's very, very compe ive."

James is playing the best basketball of his life, averaging 27.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 6.9 assists. With respect to Durant, James is the season's MVP front-runner. But Bryant could care less about all that on this night. Once the West got back on the floor after the timeout in the final five minutes, Bryant took the challenge like an old man trying to show he's still got it to the youngsters on the blacktop. Bryant lives for these moments and he bodied James as if he was actually bigger and stronger than the Heat's superstar, who at 240 pounds outweighs Bryant by about 40.

"I'm absolutely not surprised," James said.

With 34.7 seconds remaining, James bullied his way to the basket before getting fouled by Bryant on a post move. James made 1-of-2 free throws to account for his only point down the stretch with Bryant smothering him.

"I didn't want him to score on me, dammit," Bryant said. "I gave him two free throws down there. It was a great, great post move."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    its called selling and pushing an agenda. fortunately for the NBA, the majority of Americans are stupid and easily entertained and controlled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe playing harder on D in the ASG than at any point in the entire season.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count

i like this guy. Takes his mupence when he should, but brings the goods on the reg.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i like this guy. Takes his mupence when he should, but brings the goods on the reg.

Like a sir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense on the ASG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be honest, Kirby, where was this defense when Danny Green knocked in a game winning 3? Or when Arron Afflalo scored 30 on the Lakers as the Magic beat them at Staples?

Or when Jose Calderon lit them up in one of his last games as a Raptor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh the 2nd *block* Kobes can't shuffle his feet so he just leans on/bodies Bron which negates Brons elevation. Obvious foul is obvious.
    In fact he fouled him the last 12 feet of Brons drive.

Kirby playing D as hard as he can in an ASG.
    Durants 4 steps before his dunk.
    Last edited by Fabbs; 02-18-2013 at 07:50 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    meh the 2nd *block* Kobes can't shuffle his feet so he just leans on/bodies Bron which negates Brons elevation. Foul.
    Nice gs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Defense on the ASG?
    When Wade and James do this to Kobe during glorified scrimmages:

That gives Kobe the license to dunk on and block Lebron's ass all night long, even if it's just an all star game. So spurfan should go ahead and stop using the "Kobe is playing defense during an all star game" excuse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can interrupt your Kobe butt sniffin for 9 seconds.

The 1st block you can see it coming from a mile away. Wonder if Kobes gave Bron some Laker stock or something for Bron to allow Kirby to get the block.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dont see the big deal, Kobe blocked him. Doesnt change the fact that Lebron is the better player now... itw as a compe ive situation. Kobe had the advantage for a few minutes, no need to spin this (Kobe haters/Lebron worshippers) or to over glorify Kobe. We already knew:

1. James is the best player in the game right ...nothing chaged that not Durant's 30, Paul's MVP or KObe's blocks (no foul on either, stop being soft)
    2. Kobe can STILL paly elite defense in spurts ... (but it makes it frustrating he only does so on rare occassions)
    3. The difference between the two players (KObe & LEbron) especially at this point, were quite evident Lebron was running dunking and making the spectaular plays ... down the stretch Kobe tried to use his skill and his will to negate that and had some success.
    4. Like I said in the other thread ... Lebron sometimes doesnt meet mach challenges which is great he plays teh game the right way. ...But sometimes I just wish he had a bit more Bryant (well really MJ) in his mental make-up ...

Note: Thought it was a bit weak to use teh Bosh screens to free himself from old-man Kobe ... Blake Grifiin did an excellent job of hedging to even up the match-up. Blake has the ability even though not ideal length to become an excellent help defender in pnr due to his strength and quick feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont see the big deal, Kobe blocked him. Doesnt change the fact that Lebron is the better player now... itw as a compe ive situation. Kobe had the advantage for a few minutes, no need to spin this (Kobe haters/Lebron worshippers) or to over glorify Kobe. We already knew:

1. James is the best player in the game right ...nothing chaged that not Durant's 30, Paul's MVP or KObe's blocks (no foul on either, stop being soft)
    2. Kobe can STILL paly elite defense in spurts ... (but it makes it frustrating he only does so on rare occassions)
    3. The difference between the two players (KObe & LEbron) especially at this point, were quite evident Lebron was running dunking and making the spectaular plays ... down the stretch Kobe tried to use his skill and his will to negate that and had some success.
    4. Like I said in the other thread ... Lebron sometimes doesnt meet mach challenges which is great he plays teh game the right way. ...But sometimes I just wish he had a bit more Bryant (well really MJ) in his mental make-up ...

Note: Thought it was a bit weak to use teh Bosh screens to free himself from old-man Kobe ... Blake Grifiin did an excellent job of hedging to even up the match-up. Blake has the ability even though not ideal length to become an excellent help defender in pnr due to his strength and quick feet.
    I think Kobe only plays D when he's up against a name player. When it's scrubs like Danny Green and Arron Afflalo he'll let them score game-winners or score 30 points.

Pop was likely fully aware of this so he put Kobe at the 3 and had him guard LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a rats about the no-call. Just putting into perspective the *block*and subsequent fellation of Kobes by Fanbois. He doesn't make the 2nd one without the foul.

The 1st block was excellent timing by Kirby. Lazy by LeBron? Yeah, i think he expected Kirby to be like the rest of the All Stars and play slacker D. Still great timing by Kirby. And as mentioned DWade played D as hard as he could in a previous ASG against Kirby. DWade and Kirby, what a couple of punks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't give a rats about the no-call. Just putting into perspective the *block*and subsequent fellation of Kobes by Fanbois. He doesn't make the 2nd one without the foul.

The 1st block was excellent timing by Kirby. Lazy by LeBron? Yeah, i think he expected Kirby to be like the rest of the All Stars and play slacker D. Still great timing by Kirby. And as mentioned DWade played D as hard as he could in a previous ASG against Kirby. DWade and Kirby, what a couple of punks.
    But that is my point Fabbs, by not going all out he fuels the haters. How could he not know Kobe was going hard the way he was pressing him or the way he played him in the 4th last year?! I bet Skip Bayless will be on ESPN today saying that there is no way MJ, in his prime would of let Dr.J or some other past his prime star like Kobe block his shot ... Look I think MJ is the GOAT but not some untouchable God and I still think Lebron MAY surpass him ...but MJ fans have a point. And dont get me wrong people forget MJ ook 43 shots toget 44 points in a NBA finals game ... and I also remember an ASG ( i think it was 92-93 season IIRC but it was the year of the shoulder shrug game) when Drexler played MJ tough ... (of course Jordan destroyed Clyde in the Finals. So even MJ could be taken for a play or two ... I just dont getthe need for A SPUR FAN(S) to spin this. You guys hate Kobe we get it, but he got blocked. No player is infallible, Kobe had a couple of nice moments ...he won the battle. Lebron will win the war A le and that is ALL that TRULY matters ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 02-18-2013 at 09:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that is my point Fabbs, by not going all out he fuels the haters. How could he not know Kobe was going hard the way he was pressing him or the way he played him in the 4th last year?!
    Equally baffled here with LeBrons non challantness. Esp the 2nd block. As LeBron brought it upcourt, Kobe met him at halfcourt (or so) and began to shadow him. It was soo obvious Kobes was going to continue his balls out 100% effort on D. It's like LeBron just played into it. Strange.
    I remember when Kobes was trying to prove himself vs Jordan (the Washington Wizards version) when Jordan was about 40. Jordan just looked at Kobes and then very purposely passed the ball away as if to say "You may or may not dog me on D at age 40, but I'm not going to give you the chance to try and obtain some 'Kobe shut down Jordan' material." and thus mar 10 years of dominance.
    You'd think LeBron would have either done the same or matched Kirbys 100% effort in the final 2-3 possessions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Kirby and Marshmello had a 100% - 100% effort exchange before halftime and it was all good. They smiled and laughed afterwords. (Altho Marshmellos constant fake smile. Creepy.) But this pre halftime exchange seemed genuine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Funy thing is as good as I think James has become he still has not reached his peak, mentally. I know not all players can be sharks like MJ ...but if he is going to be GOAT he needs a little more of that in his mindset.

Thread Information