Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think picking another 3&D guy comes down to Leonard. He has shown flashes of being able to create, but nothing consistently. The reason we need Neal is because our offence would be terrible with Green in there with the bench. If Leonard can start creating more offensively we can use with another 3&D guy, if not we won't have enough offence to be able to play him in serious minutes.
    Next year? Sure, but you have him for four years as a first rounder. I assure you that he will play and develop in four years. I also assure you that Manu won't be here in four years. We need to start thinking about down the road, and the next phase.

Jamall is also more than just a 3 and D guy, although he can use that, like Kawhi did, to get onto the floor. The reason he is rocketing up the draft board is his multi-pronged skillset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year? Sure, but you have him for four years as a first rounder. I assure you that he will play and develop in four years. I also assure you that Manu won't be here in four years. We need to start thinking about down the road, and the next phase.

Jamall is also more than just a 3 and D guy, although he can use that, like Kawhi did, to get onto the floor. The reason he is rocketing up the draft board is his multi-pronged skillset.
    You're probably right. However, if we're looking for players who will be pieces on a post-Duncan Spurs, I think we should be looking to take the best player available regardless of position/skillset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're probably right. However, if we're looking for players who will be pieces on a post-Duncan Spurs, I think we should be looking to take the best player available regardless of position/skillset.
    True, and I always beat that drum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I think we need to seriously start looking for a SG given how little Manu contributed these finals. I personally like Franklin due to his length, rebounding and overall demeanor. We need a guy to be a spark plug off the bench if Manu just doesn't have it anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great athlete, wingspan, motor and he can rebound. The negatives are his shooting and his personality may not fit the Spurs mold (certainly isn't like Kawhi in that respect). He's the type of player that gets under the skin of the opposing team/fans and sort of enjoys the role of the villain. There's also a question of whether his game will translate to the NBA. If you were able to mix aspects of Franklin's game with Snell's you'd have a top 5 pick.

Last edited by rasuo214; 06-23-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has upside he plays defense and is a very good defender - rebounds- blocks shots. Questions about his at ude and can he play within a team and not play hero ball. But hey the guy can dribble the ball which is a lot more then some of our players on this team.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the pool of available players close to where the Spurs are picking, he's the one I want the most. You can afford to take a bit of a risk on the shooting when you have a player that impacts the game in so many other ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think, if he falls, that this might be the only college kid they would draft at 28. I think he'll be gone, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man - I know I'm biased but the comments in this thread are cringeworthy. He's not Kawhi Lenoard at all. AT ALL. He's a whiny hothead. He's got absolutely no jumper and he's somewhat athletic. I was happy when the Spurs picked Kawhi. I'm absolutely sure that picking Jamal Franklin is a waste of a pick. At least in the first round.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ospects/page/7

Jamaal Franklin is bound to succeed in the NBA because he can contribute to his team's cause in so many different ways. Need the San Diego State product to morph into a scorer? Sure, no problem!
    He averaged 16.9 points per game during his final season in college, showing off a nice inside-outside blend with his ability to attack the rim in transition and drill three-pointers in the half-court set. Franklin's perimeter shooting could still use a lot of work, but he's also added more post moves to his arsenal as his collegiate career progressed.
    Need the San Diego State product to morph into a defender? Sure, no problem!
    Franklin has steadily improved as a perimeter defender, and he actually led the Mountain West in both defensive rating and defensive win shares during the 2012-13 season. He has the athletic tools and lateral quickness necessary to be a premier point-stopper at the next level.
    Need the San Diego State product to morph into a rebounder or glue guy? Sure, no problem!
    Even at just 6'5", Franklin thrived on the glass thanks to his inexhaustible motor. He averaged 9.5 rebounds per game for the Aztecs, often displaying the instincts necessary to anticipate exactly where the ball would end up.
    You name it, and this versatile forward can do it.

Prediction: Boom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great athleticism, motor, defender.

Lacks shooting but I'm not overly worried about that. Doesn't seem to have great handles or ball handling ability. Lacks court vision. Not sure he fits in with that we need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man - I know I'm biased but the comments in this thread are cringeworthy. He's not Kawhi Lenoard at all. AT ALL. He's a whiny hothead. He's got absolutely no jumper and he's somewhat athletic. I was happy when the Spurs picked Kawhi. I'm absolutely sure that picking Jamal Franklin is a waste of a pick. At least in the first round.
    Personality wise? Yes they are completely different, but Franklin has a great motor/work ethic, is a good rebounder, can defend and has a great wingspan, also his biggest weakness is his jumper just like Kawhi.

Thread Information