Birthday: 07/26/1992
    Team: Estudiantes (Spain)

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Javale Mcgee any1?
    Last edited by td4mvp2k; 04-13-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may be athletic but I don't think he comes close to have Ibaka maturity, desire, and work ethic. The spin on him is that he is lazy and I don't like drafting those type of players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tons of potential... but his nickname is "Baby", and he acts like one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the previous two posts. I've heard multiple reports of this guy being a total child and completely lacking in work ethic.

The NBA is littered with players with potential that didn't have the work ethic and drive to fulfill it. This guy may grow up one day, or he may not. But I'd rather gamble elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard the same things. I'm sure they'll talk to Tiago about his countryman. He was more highly rated in the past, but for those very same immaturity reasons, his stock has dropped, which could be good for us. He would probably be available even at the end of the first round or early second. He's got the talent to be picked higher, so you grab him if he's there, and you give him a chance, but cut him loose if he doesn't develop by declining his year 3 option right before year 2. It might cost you $2M for two seasons if he's a bust. That's not very much to risk on a long athletic freak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard the same things. I'm sure they'll talk to Tiago about his countryman. He was more highly rated in the past, but for those very same immaturity reasons, his stock has dropped, which could be good for us. He would probably be available even at the end of the first round or early second. He's got the talent to be picked higher, so you grab him if he's there, and you give him a chance, but cut him loose if he doesn't develop by declining his year 3 option right before year 2. It might cost you $2M for two seasons if he's a bust. That's not very much to risk on a long athletic freak.
    Reminds me of Hassan Whiteside. Big, athletic freak post player with serious maturity issues. Slips in the draft despite being 7'0 and a monster on defense as a freshman. Plays for a couple of seasons and gets cut. Floats around the D-League for a while and is a current stand-out in Rio Grande Valley.

I can understand the appeal of gambling on a player like this, but thats not really our modus operandi, nor am I personally a fan of that gamble.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hassan Whieside/ Cousins - lazy big headed babies who want everything their way. I will pass on these players no matter how much potential they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offensive game to speak of. A long-shot project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offensive game to speak of. A long-shot project.
    Pretty much what you get at #30. , nowadays, it's pretty much what you get outside of the top 5-10 picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, I thought this guy put his name in the draft last year... Must be confused with someone else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, I thought this guy put his name in the draft last year... Must be confused with someone else
    He pulled out. His stock was dropping. Internationals have a longer window than NCAA players (by NCAA rule) to "test the waters".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dx has spurs taking him in the first: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/
    Looks like he's been rising in the draft boards. Dude was a middle of the pack second rounder about 2 weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigs are always over drafted and overpaid. He's really a second round talent who needs a lot of development.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigs are always over drafted and overpaid. He's really a second round talent who needs a lot of development.
    I don't want him, but he's not a second round talent... he's a lottery talent who will never reach his ceiling. His potential is really high (athletic 7' with 7'5" wingspan), but his at ude and poor work ethic will keep him from becoming anything great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, dude has poor work ethic and is pretty delusional about himself. He believes he is way better than he actually is.

He is the Hassan Whiteside of this draft. Do not want and I say it as a Brazilian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want him, but he's not a second round talent... he's a lottery talent who will never reach his ceiling. His potential is really high (athletic 7' with 7'5" wingspan), but his at ude and poor work ethic will keep him from becoming anything great.
    If those were the criteria for draft position, DeMarcus Cousins would have fallen into the second round.

You can be a complete clown and still be drafted high. Nogueira is a late first, early second talent. That's why mocks have him slotted accordingly. Don't confuse physical attributes with talent. He isn't very good and not much of a basketball player, in spite of his height and wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Javale Mcgee any1?
    Nogueira's no step vert is 17.6. McGee's is 27. End of discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nogueira's no step vert is 17.6. McGee's is 27. End of discussion.
    @ no step vert... End of discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ no step vert... End of discussion.
    He'll block shots. He's long enough and tall enough. He just won't ever do it above the square on the backboard like McGee does. Sean Elliott scoffs the media for hyping Dwight as the most athletic big in the NBA. Even before Dwight's surgery, McGee was a more freakish athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll block shots. He's long enough and tall enough. He just won't ever do it above the square on the backboard like McGee does. Sean Elliott scoffs the media for hyping Dwight as the most athletic big in the NBA. Even before Dwight's surgery, McGee was a more freakish athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do understand that he's not in McGee's class as an athlete, right? McGee is a once or twice in a decade NBA big man athlete. Nogueira isn't anywhere near that level of athleticism. Not by an order of magnitude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do understand that he's not in McGee's class as an athlete, right? McGee is a once or twice in a decade NBA big man athlete. Nogueira isn't anywhere near that level of athleticism. Not by an order of magnitude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His athleticism has been a striking element of his game

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--br...224835537.html
    ace

Thread Information