White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how this hasn't been brought up before, but I've had enough, and can't ing take it anymore.

Jon Anik is, without a doubt, the most obnoxious, unlikeable, and least knowledgeable MMA announcer on the planet. I want to stab his voice box with a red hot trident. I want to dedicate this thread to all the dumb that comes out of his mouth. I will probably be the only person that feels this way, but I'm ok with that. I'll bump it whenever I feel the need.

"You know that when he beats you by a unanimous decision, it's usually unanimous." - Jon Anik, UFC on FUEL 8, 3/2/13

Post Count
    Kori doesn't want cursing in the thread le so i am changing it to "Crap" Otherwise we agree Trout..

He is truly awful..

Totally agree. Last night, my buddies wife (who isn't a MMA fan but will watch fights with us occasionally) was commenting on how horrible he was. She said that she could've done a better job, and she doesn't even know how to fight.

Post Count
    I remember when Dana announced he had signed Anik at a pre-fight presser and I was like "WTF" that guy.. I hated him when he hosted MMA Live. His voice is annoying and his MMA knowledge is as bad as Goldberg or worse.. At least Goldberg has a great commentating voice WTH does Anik have?

Post Count
    I remember when Dana announced he had signed Anik at a pre-fight presser and I was like "WTF" that guy.. I hated him when he hosted MMA Live. His voice is annoying and his MMA knowledge is as bad as Goldberg or worse.. At least Goldberg has a great commentating voice WTH does Anik have?
    Give me 10,000 Goldberg's, please, just no more Anik. My wife had pretty much the same take on him as txstr's friend, "I don't know much about MMA, but this guy can't even fake it very well." It's sad when a 30 year old Mormon girl knows what's up. At the very worst, at least I can enjoy watching the broadcasts now, since I'll be on the hunt for stupid that he says.

And sorry about the le, db -- after three years here you'd think I'd know the rules. My bad.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Who needs Goldberg tbh?
    He says the same every time. 'Herb Dean our referee' ; 'It is all over!' etc

Wtf isn't there a cpu system that will be cheaper then Goldberg?

Post Count
    Who needs Goldberg tbh?
    He says the same every time. 'Herb Dean our referee' ; 'It is all over!' etc

Wtf isn't there a cpu system that will be cheaper then Goldberg?
    Look at every famous sports announcer in history and you'll find a handful of catchphrases that will forever be "theirs" -- that is the sign of a good announcer, in my opinion. Frankly, there isn't much to say in an MMA fight that hasn't been said before, so it makes sense that Goldberg has a lot of the same ones. To his credit, he says them with gusto and excitement, versus the drab, dull, I'm-dumb-as-frozen- that Anik spews out.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yea but I ing know every time what Golberg will say.
    He is a catchfraze as a whole
    Last edited by polandprzem; 03-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Post Count
    Yea but I ing know every time what Golberg will say.
    He is a catchfraze as a hole
    "Wrestlers do not like to be on their backs Joe"

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    Post Count
    Goldberg is starting to look more and more like a drug addict too.

Post Count
    I still hate him.

Thread Information