Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    ...that is incredible.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    It looks like Silva had a clean look at a counter when Weidman missed with the right hand but I think he stunned him with that first left enough to set up the second left that took him out.

Post Count

After six years, eight months and 22 days, Anderson Silva finally relinquished his hold on the Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight throne.

Chris Weidman knocked out a clowning Silva with a left hook and follow-up ground strikes in the UFC 162 headliner on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, becoming the sixth middleweight champion in the promotion’s 20-year history. The unbeaten Weidman (10-0, 6-0 UFC) brought the match to a shocking and decisive close 78 seconds into round two.

“I felt I was destined for this, but it still felt a little far-fetched,” Weidman said. “I imagined it a billion times, but it still feels surreal. Ray Longo brought in guys in my camp to play with me and do things to mess with my head. It pisses me off when someone tries to do that to me. I knew little by little I was going to creep up on him and then eventually get him.”

The loss was Silva’s first legitimate defeat since December 2004 and snapped a string of 17 consecutive victories. The 38-year-old Brazilian had never before been stopped by strikes.

“No one is invincible,” Weidman said. “Respect to Anderson. I would love to have a rematch. I didn’t want to say it during my camp, but I looked up to that guy for a long time.”

Weidman took down Silva in the first round, softened him with ground-and-pound and aggressively fished for two leg locks, first a kneebar and then a heel hook. Once “The Spider” returned to his feet, he started the uncomfortable process of toying with his challenger in a scene that has grown familiar to mixed martial arts followers. However, his taunting caught up to him early in the second round, as Weidman floored and finished him at the feet of referee Herb Dean.

“Chris is the champion now,” said Silva, who had held the le since Oct. 14, 2006. “I’ve finished my working. I won’t fight for the belt anymore. Chris is the new champion. No, [I’m not retiring]. I have 10 more fights [on my contract], but I won’t fight any more for the belt. I’m tired. My time for the belt is finished now.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Chr...Champion-53713

WEIDMAN after injury ...
    no way
    Long layoff for Weidman and off surgery.. He is getting KTFO..
    Shame on you

Post Count

Hey I picked him didn't I?

It was out of hate for Silva but hey....

Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman - I am picking the underdog. Anderson is 38 years old now(the same age Liddel lost his belt), maybe he finally lost a step and Weidman is a bad matchup for him.

Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira - Easy fight for Edgar.

Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy - I am not sure if Roger is a MMA fighter yet...

Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz - Two overrated fighters, i hope for a double knockout

Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson - Swanson by TKO.
    4-0

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey I picked him didn't I?

That made my day. ... made my week !!!!

Mofo lost in the style he deserved! Although I'd rather him lose to Sonnen ..

But Weidman was doing good job when I thought he could do better. After he won the 1st round the ultimate clowing started and the er thought he can get away again with this . But Chris kept his cool also had his hands down many times. With the reach he has Anderson was not expecting this to happen. It's hard to KO Silva cause he backs off far away but the reach and the perfect timing and placement on the jaw did it. It was not a hard punch but Silva's head just twisted and he fall down. Then you coiuld see for a split sec that he wanted to play some more but Chris finished him

Silva

Post Count
    And the crowd should booo his ass when Rogan was interviewing him. WTF was that?
    Joe did not got any answers for his questions ... family... dana... ferritta ... work hard ...family ... chis the champion ... no more fights ... 10 fights ... no more fights tired ... family .. chris the best ... no retiring ... tired

GTFO

I wonder what he wold say if he lost with Chael

mofo !

I can rant this head for years

Post Count
    Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman - for middleweight le

got Silva ! Nuff said. I just hope Chris will do something everybody gonna be in awe ! GO CHRIS GO!

Post Count

Post Count
    Get it while it's hot for those that missed it..

http://www.mmafights.co.vu/2013/07/a...man-fight.html

Keep The Balance IX_Equilibrium's Avatar
    Post Count
    I was so mad at Weidman when he went for the leglock from being in control with GnP during round 1. Glad he knocked that fool out.

I think this is so good for the UFC. I am sure there were a lot of people like me who were sick of seeing Silva making a mockery of his opponent and winning in a pathetically easy fashion. I am sure Zuffa is excited too. They have someone who is very marketable and a seemingly good ambassador for the sport.

It wasn't just the fact that Silva's lack of proficiency in English that made promotion a challenge. It is the fact that he is a strange guy with a volatile personality. That got old quickly

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    All I have to say is - that's what you get when you disrespect your opponents. Silva looked in great shape before the fight, and I think his hubris was in believing he could end the fight anywhere at anytime - which, in a way, is what makes him so exciting. But still, you can't punk dudes out and expect to stay invincible forever.

Post Count
    Silva can win the rematch but I hope he doesn't.. And with the long layoffs he takes we might have to wait until Spring to see it..

Post Count
    ...that is incredible.

Post Count
    He pulled this same nonsense in the Maia and Cote fight. In some of the gif's he has Weidman fighting his fight yet won't attack. He prefers to bait his man over and over. Ego is a and he got his that night...

The only thing that was odd to me was Anderson pretending to be wobbled, that is something he doesn't do; like he took his Ego to another level.

Still wish Weidman would have connected on all those GnP punches

^^^ Beautiful ^^^

Thread Information