Post Count
    " If Brett Atchley could transmit sweat by phone, there would have been a fine film covering the earpierce. It was that kind of a day, the kind of hectic that one imagines could only be experienced by the agent of a transgender mixed martial arts fighter who just outed herself and was now trying to salvage her career.It sure didn't seem fair.

Less than a week ago, Fallon Fox was living her life the way she no doubt envisioned, as the woman she always felt she was born to be, enjoying and excelling in her sport as a fledgling pro at age 37. The next thing she knew, she was huddling with Atchley and his lawyer trying to figure out through whom and how they were going to tell the world that, before 2006, she was a man.Earlier Wednesday, Fox's fight promoter described her as "heartbroken" at the series of events following her knockout of Ericka Newsome 39 seconds into their bout in Coral Gables, Fla., on Saturday night.

Jorge De La Nova, CEO for Championship Fighting Alliance, said Fox called him Sunday morning and apologized."Jorge," Fox told him, "I'd go to the gym for the last six years and everyone treated me as a woman. I didn't want to have to go around and tell everyone different."

http://espn.go.com/espnw/commentary/...ter-fallon-fox

I'd love to see Rogan's take on this lol

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count

so it's ok for some dude to chop his thing off and beat the living daylights out of women for money.

Post Count
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...1067--mma.html

UFC suspends mitrione for transphobic comments

The UFC wasted little time laying down the law on Matt Mitrione, suspending the heavyweight indefinitely for transphobic comments regarding Fallon Fox he made during an interview with Ariel Helwani Monday on "The MMA Hour."

Fox was born a man and underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2006 and has had two fights as a professional mixed martial artist, winning both.

Mitrione repeatedly referred to Fox as a he and called her as "a lying, sick, sociopathic disgusting freak."

"Because she's not a he. He's a he," he said. "He's chromosomally a man. He had a gender change, not a sex change. He's still a man. He was a man for 31 years. Thirty-one years. That's a couple years younger than I am. He's a man. Six years of taking performance de-hancing drugs, you think is going to change all that? That's ridiculous.

"That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak," Mitrione said. "And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That's disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself. And the fact that Florida licensed him because California licensed him or whoever the did it, it's an embarrassment to us as fighters, as a sport, and we all should protest that. The woman that's fighting him, props to you. I hope you beat his ass, and I hope he gets blackballed and never fights again, because that's disgusting and I'm appalled by that."

The UFC, which announced a fighter code of conduct in January, moved swiftly to suspend Mitrione and denounce his comments.
    i haven't really followed this closely.. but he's got a point

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yup I posted it already

Matt is not UFCs favorite fighter

Post Count

Meat-Head...

Post Count
    lol "transphobic" sounds like a serious (pseudo) psychiatric condition...wonder what the standard DSM protocol for that is

Thread Information