Height: 6-9 / 2.06
    Weight: 225 lbs. / 102.1 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country: Hapoel Galil Elyon / Israel

Info

$3.3M QO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs want him now they can get him for nuttin.
    Last edited by td4mvp2k; 03-14-2013 at 04:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Casspi might be a good and cheap option for the backup SF slot if Jack isn't re-signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have him as the most likely free agent joining Spurs this summer.

Cavs won't make the $3.3M QO so he will be an UFA. Spurs have been a number of times linked with him over years. While some of these rumors were likely false, it's hard to think all were. Casspi would fit nicely with next year roster. I'm not sure how much it can play, but his agent (Steven Heumann) has 5other clients playing in the NBA: Birdman, Foye, Parker, De Colo and Mills...

Depending on other teams interest, Casspi for the min or for the room exception sounds like a realistic scenario for Spurs this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started off very promising in SAC, but that trade did him no favors. Wonder if its situation specific or player specific.

If he can be what is in the DX profile, then he sounds perfect off the bench: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/omri-casspi-538/

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Would love to see Caspi in a Spurs uniform. Loved him in Sacramento but that trade derailed what was supposed to be a solid career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see Caspi in a Spurs uniform. Loved him in Sacramento but that trade derailed what was supposed to be a solid career.
    Sacramento seems to have a talent for taking wonderful rookies and running their careers off the track. Evans is just now returning to something approaching his rookie form, in year four.

Yes, please to Casspi, if he comes cheap. He won't jump out of the gym, and his arms aren't 7 feet wide. What he is is a basketball player who knows how to play the game. The fact that By Scott didn't play him is almost an endorsement. He also did that to JR Smith and Stephen Jackson.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    He works hard. He's still young. He would fit right in with the Spurs.

I feel the Spurs would have a good chance at getting him if they're still interested.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed that he's the most likely free agent to be a Spur next season. I'd much rather Wright or if want to go the inexpensive/project route, Johnson, though. Casspi is sub par athletically and has never been accused of being an average, let alone above average, defender. Maybe they can get him within' sniffing distance of average, but he's just too limited athletically/quickness wise to be anything more than that. Seeing as how Durant/James are the primary obstacles between them and a championship, that should factor heavily into this decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noam Schiller ‏@noamschiller 9m
    Not that this should be surprising, but apparently Omri Casspi refuses to go back to Israel this summer and is shooting for SA or Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/omri_casspi
    The only thing that would bring me back to Europe is if I don't receive any offers in the NBA. But I think there are teams that like me and want me. I don't want to say 'I'm staying [in the NBA] for sure' and then not receive any offers. My goal is to stay in the NBA on a winning team and compete for a championship.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    What I like to hear. I sure hope SA still has interest in him.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that By Scott didn't play him is almost an endorsement. He also did that to JR Smith and Stephen Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, backup SF is suddenly a glaring need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one knew it, but backup small forward for NEXT year has been a glaring need since Jack started going off the rails in February.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd almost be surprised if he didn't join the Spurs next season. It's no secret that they've like him for a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd almost be surprised if he didn't join the Spurs next season. It's no secret that they've like him for a while.
    Before we start saying that, I think the FO will look at how T-Mac does in the playoffs. If he does well, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that spot behind Kawhi next season. A long-term vet with skills and a pretty laid-back personality (by all accounts I have read) - just what the FO loves... Even if T-Mac just does OK, I think he will get a look. The big question in that case is how much money will T-Mac want?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played for the vet min in Detroit.

Honestly, I see T-Mac as more of a backup 4 instead of a backup 3 at this point in his career...similar to what Diaw is. I can see them signing T-Mac for depth and still having room for Casspi as the true backup 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if TMac works out, why can't the team have 3 true SFs on the team? Part of that is because the Spurs system is so interchangeable between wing players but it would be nice to have 3 SFs on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt. Better than the bunch of damn midgets we have now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NET YEAR:

Neal gone: Replaced with Adam Hanga
    SJAX: Replaced with TMac
    Bonner gone: Replaced with Omri
    Blair gone: Replaced with draft pick

CoJo or Nando which one stays and which one goes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NET YEAR:

Neal gone: Replaced with Adam Hanga
    SJAX: Replaced with TMac
    Bonner gone: Replaced with Omri
    Blair gone: Replaced with draft pick

CoJo or Nando which one stays and which one goes?
    Both Joseph and De Colo will be on the team next year. Both of their salaries are guaranteed. Hanga would not come over in place of either or them and if Ginobili comes back and the Spurs keep McGrady and get Cassipi, then there's no room for another wing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know we have 3 backup Pg who can't play Pg...Joseph, Nando, Mills.....It would be crazy to go into next season with the same three players and still not have a backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know we have 3 backup Pg who can't play Pg...Joseph, Nando, Mills.....It would be crazy to go into next season with the same three players and still not have a backup PG.
    They're all still better players than Hanga.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt TMac sticks beyond this offseason even if he has a decent run in limited minutes. Dude is a Diva. Hes just playing nice right now so he can get on an NBA roster.

Thread Information