Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu hangs it up, why not tbh. We can still be in the playoff hunt and at the same time another player for the future.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs new six man

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyreke would actually flourish here with good coaching and players around him that can score. He doesn't need to bring up the ball but can and can create his own shot, has length and will rebound and play defense. Yes on all counts. Still young enough to coach up and learn the system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been asking for him for a while now. Spurs need to start looking for another creator to groom behind Manu, and this guy fits the bill I think.
    QO is right below $7M, which is problematic since I suspect Sactown will likely match anything below 8M now that they arent trying to sell the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems that when you're in the Spurs position, regarding the draft and historical attractiveness (or lack thereof) to big-name free agents, you have to take on some risk. Might as well be with guys whose upside is really high. I perceive that to be the case with Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cannot see the spurs spending that kind of $ on a player like Evans who has underachieved his entire career.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His upside is good, hard to see what kind of talent someone really has when they have spent there career at the bottom with nobody else to make you better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cannot see the spurs spending that kind of $ on a player like Evans who has underachieved his entire career.
    Dude...his rookie year was 20/5/5. That's not underachieving by ANY standard. MJ did that. That's the kind of company he's in. A PER of 18 is considered a borderline All Star. He did that as a rookie, and last year in year 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude...his rookie year was 20/5/5. That's not underachieving by ANY standard. MJ did that. That's the kind of company he's in. A PER of 18 is considered a borderline All Star. He did that as a rookie, and last year in year 4.
    dude, you do realize his numbers have declined every year since his rookie year..Spurs cannot have a sg who shoots on average for his career 28% on 3pt shots. Since you gave me 20/5/5 stats his rookie year but neglected to post hus numbers from the past season I will do it for you: 15/4/3 (not bad). The kid has been figured out by the NBA on how to play him and has not put in the time to increase his skills which is needed at the NBA level. Not worth the 8+ mil it would probably cost to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brought this up some months ago and people just laughed at me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, you do realize his numbers have declined every year since his rookie year..Spurs cannot have a sg who shoots on average for his career 28% on 3pt shots. Since you gave me 20/5/5 stats his rookie year but neglected to post hus numbers from the past season I will do it for you: 15/4/3 (not bad). The kid has been figured out by the NBA on how to play him and has not put in the time to increase his skills which is needed at the NBA level. Not worth the 8+ mil it would probably cost to get him.
    Sacramento is stupid, and they've had like 3 coaches in his 4 years. NOT the ideal developmental environment. He's not a bad egg like Cousins, and could do well here. If Chip can teach Kawhi to shoot 37% from the NBA line, he can fix Evans' shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His per36 numbers have actually been pretty consistent, which is what you want from a bench player. He fell off a bit after his rookie year, but he's slowly bounced back, and advanced stats say he's better than he's ever been. If Pop thinks he's a good fit for his system and can learn to shoot better, then $8 Million is not too much for him. The way I see if, if he and Ginobili can split Manu's salary from this season for next season, the Spurs will have gotten their money's worth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see if, if he and Ginobili can split Manu's salary from this season for next season, the Spurs will have gotten their money's worth.

This is a very good way to look at it. Spurs are filing a roll (SG creator) for a price. Whether its one or two players who cares, so long as you have minutes for them both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His per36 numbers have actually been pretty consistent, which is what you want from a bench player. He fell off a bit after his rookie year, but he's slowly bounced back, and advanced stats say he's better than he's ever been. If Pop thinks he's a good fit for his system and can learn to shoot better, then $8 Million is not too much for him. The way I see if, if he and Ginobili can split Manu's salary from this season for next season, the Spurs will have gotten their money's worth.
    No way the Kings let him go for nothing any in my opinion could match any offer the spurs throw his way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way the Kings let him go for nothing any in my opinion could match any offer the spurs throw his way.
    I would say it would depend on who they draft. It would make no sense for them to pay Evans big money to stand in the way of a young wing player's development for 4 or 5 years.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goodbye Manu... o Tyreke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Tyreke because he also plays defense, but there are definitely some red flags. It's strange that after winning rookie of the year, his MPG have decreased 3 years in a row, and that's on a losing team that is desperately in need of every quality minute it can get. Still, his numbers are similar to Andre Iguodala's, and his PER is actually higher. I really don't know his personality at all, so I wonder if the "come to San Antonio and be a great 6th man like Manu Ginobili" pitch would work... It seems quite a few teams will offer him more than the Spurs could, and 95% of the time, that's what wins out, especially for young players... Iguodala made over $14 mil last year, so I'd be surprised to see Tyreke (and his agent) agree to anything in the range of 8 mil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goodbye Manu... o Tyreke.
    Not going to happen..Too much $ for him. Kings not going to let him go for cheap. I said 8 mil. earlier but its going to take 10+ mil to get it done and I just dont see the spurs at that position forking over that much $.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento are idiots...this can't be stated enough in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree with you on this, but with new ownership comes new ideas on how to run a team. Kings could on there way back, only time will tell and I cannot imagine Evans not being a part of there plan at age 23.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to happen..Too much $ for him. Kings not going to let him go for cheap. I said 8 mil. earlier but its going to take 10+ mil to get it done and I just dont see the spurs at that position forking over that much $.
    8 million per will get it done. The Kings are already paying that for Marcus Thornton. I don't see them locking up 8 million more of what is now valuable cap space for Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 million per will get it done. The Kings are already paying that for Marcus Thornton. I don't see them locking up 8 million more of what is now valuable cap space for Evans.
    If they could get Evans for 8 mil. I would be a very happy spurs fan. With that said, I think you underestimate his value. Look at how the Rockets signed there FA's last summer with back loaded contracts. Would not suprise to see someone do this again for a player like Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One name...Daryl Morey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, the Kings aren't letting Evans go for 8 million.

, they could be in a position to have to spend a couple of million on someone just to hit the salary floor if they let Evans walk should they rescind QOs to Douglas or Johnson, or instead Amnesty Salmons.

Evans' Qualifying Offer itself is 6.9 million, if they're willing to spend 7 million on him just to match offers, they'll spend 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they could get Evans for 8 mil. I would be a very happy spurs fan. With that said, I think you underestimate his value. Look at how the Rockets signed there FA's last summer with back loaded contracts. Would not suprise to see someone do this again for a player like Evans.
    They can't do that with Evans. The Arenas rule forced/allowed the Rockets to make that type of contract offer. Evans doesn't fall under that rule, so whoever signs him has to do so under a straight deal with fixed increases/decreases.

Thread Information